The Chronicles of Dereth

Displays of original artwork, handicrafts, musings and other talents

Moderator: Kaos

The Chronicles of Dereth

Postby Rao » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:18 am

So yeah, i have decided, for those interested, I will put in writing the history of this world i created in my head. I will post 3 chapters a week. Depending on how i feel, it could be about a race, or history of a city and blah blah blah. So I will post soon, hope some of you are willing to read my babble. Also, you can ask questions between chapters.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:05 pm

yay! so umm what r u gonan b talking bout dereth? or something entirely dif u made up?
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Rao » Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:51 am

Nope, just the lore of the world, From our little rp forum. I will post the first one either tonight or tomorrow, and I also wouldnt mind if one of the mods made this a sticky.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Aug 11, 2004 4:49 am

Well, I'll be looking forward to your folklores and mythologies.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

The Making

Postby Rao » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:32 pm

To make what this introduction short, it is rather imperative that you all know the basic idea of this world. The World came to be by the mystic threads of three mystical beings whom were brothers. They came to be from the unknown, a plane of the world that cannot be reached by mere immortals such as some you know.(Tao Lu, Tsu, or Dian.) This plane has many beings like the brothers, but by some chance, the brothers managed to leave their plane of existence. They fell and when they came too, they saw nought but water, but also realized that their powers in this strange world were so overwhelming that they could do almost anything they wanted. Such as creating a world of their own, and this they did.
The first one to come about and begin his building was the middle child, Adanos, he gave the world its shell, and he laid the grass fertile and the hills their rolls. He gave mountains their peaks and the rivers their flow. He brought the gentle breeze and the fierce storms. Thus, he sat down in the grass praying that his brothers could help him in his quest that he had started.
Next to come was the most powerful of the brothers and the oldest, Innos. He brought with him the greatest of the element, fire. He laid animals to the ground. He lifeted the sun into the sky and brought it down when he decided night should come. Thus, he sat and rested.
Next to come was the youngest, but the smartest. Beliar laughed at his brothers work. He mocked them. With a powerful throw of sand, the night sky lit up with sparkles. He had created the stars. Beliar looked at the world from above, he looked at some of the animals that roamed the world, he laid down predators to hunt these animals, creating the circle of life. Thus, creating the cycle of life, Beliar disappeared underground.

For many years, Innos and Adanos lived alone on this giant planet, runnin with the animals and eating from cherry trees. Unaware of their younger brothers plans.

(kinda short, i just wanted to introduce to you the three gods of Dereth)
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:17 pm

i like it!
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Spawn of the Races

Postby Rao » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:20 pm

After many years of living on Dereth, Innos and Adanos became bored. They had ran through the lands and have created the whole world fully to their will. Also their search for Beliar had come up with nothing. So they decided to create lesser races, in this decision, Adanos spoke first, creating the lugians. Their skin hard of rock, and minds as bright as the sun. Innos then spoke, creating the Badgers. Large beasts with fur black, white, grey and brown. Mighty warriors and diggers of the undergound. Adanos spoke, but he was interrupted by the hum of 3,000 ships crossing into Dereth waters. Landing on the northwest shores of Dereth were men. Innos snatched his mighty spear and Adanos his hammer and they ran to the landing. The first ship to land was that of the king of these men. He saw Innos and Adanos, and he bowed and said, "We bring no harm to your lands o'mighty lords. We are but simple folk, in search for protection and a place to build harbors and cities." He said graciously. Innos then granted them Endor, he raised the largest mountain range in the world, which became the protection and the border of Endor, the largest empire of men.

The two then rested for the day, and from their thrones in the sky watched as the badgers began their building of their first city. Calnog was its name. The Lugians wandered only a few months to come across their city, which they called Citadel.
Rao
Elite Guard

Diplomacy with Endor

Postby Rao » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:10 am

After 50 years, the Endorians became increasingly powerful. Their fleet was massive, and they had just finished building Lythelthrope, the first human city on Dereth. It was an amazing feet to say the least. The city stretched for miles and miles. Residing in the city limits was over 1 million Endorians. Caring little about their army due to the protection of the gods. Although the Endorians were not warriors, a pirate by the name of Zhou, had become the champion of the kingdom.

Beliar was hard at work in his underground worlds creating his monsters of evil and destruction. Beliar sent 50 ogres to an outpost on the border of Endor to test these creatures out. Zhou was imprisoned at this outpost, when the orges stormed the castle, a guard, knowning Zhou's skills, freed him and his first mate. Zhou's intention was to leave and not fight, he knocked out the guard and took his armor and sword and was leaving. As he and his mate were leaving, an ogre, carrying a sling took the head off his first mate with one stone. The ogre in amusment send one at the stoned Zhou who shattered the stone in peices. Zhou quickly killed the ogre and ran to the keep. Where 10 guards lived and fought relentlessly against 20 ogres. Zhou came from the top battlement into the fight where he killed 13 ogres and saved those ten mens lives. In rewards. The king of Endor gave him pardon and the rank of protector of Endor.

So, with Zhou, the king felt very comfortable on his throne. He was at peace with the lugians, and allied with the Badgers. The elves were still hidden and were not freed for many year yet. All the doing of Innos. For he was forseeing a war that would only destroy the fragil elves, so the apawning of races was on hold, until this "war" was too come.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:50 am

Sweet, much liked :nod: :D
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

The Battle of Fa' Gate(or The Battle of Beliar and Zhou Tai)

Postby Rao » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:12 pm

Angered by the massacre of his newly made ogres, Beliar brought almost 1 million orcs to the FA' Gate of Endor. Attempting to hold a seige for as long as he needed, Beliar set camp up. The Endorians were not warriors at this time, but the seige lasted for 3 years. In this, with secret shipments from the badgers and lugians, the Endorians turned themselves into a fighting force to be reckon with. Beliar finally decided to assault the gate one last time to open it. As his orcs charged the gate, it opened while the orcs were charging. The orcs stopped, confused at what had just happened. 300 yards separated them and 100,000 pissed off looking Endorians, their silver armour glimmering in the sun as 5 volley of arrows were fired as Endor charged at the stunned orcs. Then, to the south, behind the huge orc army. 10,000 badgers and wolverines and 5,000 lugians charged up the rear. Choking off an escape route for the orcs of Beliar. Zhou was in mayhem on the field, He alone, out in front his army, destroyed the frontlines of the orcs army. No orc could touch him, the mightiest warrior in the land. Beliar saw this, and in his wrath came upon Zhou in rage. "Ha! A god, finally coming to do his own work. Til' be a cold do in the underworld whence the day comes a god will stand up to me." Zhou said in laughter. Beliar swung his massive sword, but missed, after a score of swings and misses, Zhou slashed at him, taking out a knee of Beliar. "You are as mortal as I am, Lord Innos has taken you powers away from you on Dereth. You are nought but another foul creature I deal death too." Zhou shouted. He casts his spear, but it missed, striking an orc behind him, Beliar with his last ounce of strength lept to bring his blade down on Zhou, Zhou was waiting and casts his last spear, it hit Beliar in the belly. Bringing him down, Zhou went to the empty souless body of Beliar who had returned to the underworld do to his death. Zhou drove his blade down into the body, it then dissolved into the northern winds. A great cheer was heard as the Endorians pushed the orcs back into a retreat
Last edited by Rao on Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rao
Elite Guard

Aftermath and the spawn of Beliar's plan

Postby Rao » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:36 am

After this battle, peace once again was established. The crushing victory showed Beliar that his taking of Dereth would not be so easy. The fact that he had lost his powers when he put foot on the ground of Dereth made him realize that would need more than orcs to take Dereth over. He also needed to get rid of Adanos and Innos. A plan spawned in his mind. He immediately sent a diplomat over, inviting his brothers for a feast.
Rao
Elite Guard

Beliar's Trap

Postby Rao » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:58 pm

In good spirits Beliar invited his brothers to his massive feast. Where the food and wine was plenty. Hesitantly, his brothers excepted, hoping they may be able to come to some agreement with their brother. They arrived at the palace of Beliar, in Ossilgath. His palace was a place of beauty it seemed to Innos and Adanos, but truly, it was a spell cast over their eyes. What was really was the food, wine and woman. For 10 days, they feasted and spoke of old times in their other world. Innos and Adanos warmed up to their brother, drinking more and more wine finally falling into a deep slumber.

For 5 days they slept, while they sleep. Beliar took the spell off and revealed that they were feasting a dungeon. Chains that could not be broken trapped the Innos and Adanos. The two brothers awoke to Beliar and asked him whyt he had done this. "With you two out of the way, I shall do what I like to your precious continent. Starting with those precious Endorians you have come to love so much." Beliar laughed out loud. Innos began laughing in a craze. "Fool, did you think that we did not know what you were planning. In one month, my son will come." Innos laughed again. The smile on Beliars face disappeared. "You have no son!" Beliar shouted in his brothers face. Adanos giggled at Beliars distress. "Yes, and Dian will come. Together they will crush your precious empire." Adanos and Innos laughed loudly as Beliar stamped away, as he ascended his stairs, he could still hear the crazed laughs of his brothers. This haunted his sleep for quite sometime.
Rao
Elite Guard

The Wrath of Asheron

Postby Rao » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:46 pm

Beliar had his armies assembled and ready at all times. HE knew his nephew would come, and he knew the power he would bring. But for many years, Asheron did not come. Innos and Adanos sat down in the dungeon. They often would tell jokes and laugh, laugh loud enough to where the floors of Ossilgath shook like earthquakes. Beliar ran to the top of his tower to rid himself of their laughter, but it follwed him like a shadow.

Then, Asheron came. With hundreds of the thousands of magicians and warriors from the heavens. He and Dian out in front followed by thousands upon millions. So Ossilgath came to meet them in the field. Orcs, ogres, Dragons, wyverns, golems. Asheron's army charged into the Ossilgath army. Fire bolts filled the sky as the magicans let fire bombs go from their hands. As the battle ensued, Beliar went down to the dungeons to see his brothers. "Where did this army come from!!!!!" He yelled in madness. "I suppose you arent the only one wh likes to build armies for no reason, well, we knew this would happen." Innos smiled......
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:46 am

Beliar was now in a great rage. His eyes were burning fire and struck fear into even his greatest Generals. His wrath was great and his power vast, but Asheron was strong, perhaps stronger than he. The rage for his father fueled him as he mowed down his enemies. Dragons hissed at him, orges fell under his blade, and all the foul beasts feared his power.

So Beliar came to the field then. His mace slammed into his enemies mercilessly. His dark form was now of a massive man who beared fearsome blood veined armor. Blood ran many colors that day.

The battle ensued for 42 days. The lines stretched miles, hundreds of thousands battled fiercely. It was a stalemate and Asheron had not met Beliar on the field yet.

One warrior stood out yet again, Zhou came alone to the battle. Recruited by Dian the night before battle Zhou left Endor to help fight Beliar. He was feared, even the Balrogs feared him. They could not stop him, none could. His power grew while the battle raged on.

Beliar froze at who stood before him, it was not Asheron, but Zhou. He growled at the Swordmaster. "Perhaps I wont be so lucky this time?" Zhou said as he stopped looking at the Dark Lord. Every mortal that has ever looked upon Beliar had trembled, yet Zhou looked at him with a smile, as they were about to battle, Beliar shreiked as he saw Asheron coming for him. Beliar immediately retreated and was shameful for his retreat. Yet his forces fought on, but the battle was slowly turning on the 50th day of the battle.
Rao
Elite Guard

Return to Rogue's Gallery