Your opionion on gays

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:16 pm

Ha.

Now if you bring religion into this, here's something interesting.

If god creates us all, and has plans for us all, why does he make some of them gay if he calls it a sin?
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:26 pm

Neerowolf wrote:Ha.

If god creates us all, and has plans for us all, why does he make some of them gay if he calls it a sin?

maybe god is just a bored, spoiled mofo?
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:27 pm

ChatOmbre wrote:

maybe god is just a bored, spoiled mofo?
You're going to hell. See you there!
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:44 am

well, i think they certainly could, if they wanted too (just as people can kill themselves, if they really want to, for example), but... it'd be *highly* unusual if someone did, heh.

I'd take issue with that only insofar as you are saying someone could decide to become sexually attracted to the same sex based on will power alone... and I'm not so sure it's that easy.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:58 am

Its a thing called "Free Will"

In a religious stature of course

Since we are slowly starting to go down that path
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:10 am

eh? are you saying that you believe that people do become gay b/c of freewill, or that people can become gay b/c of it?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:21 am

Well obviously, as another religious stand point, by free will i'm saying he is letting you do whatever you want to do and he isn't makinganyone gay

Its all the persons choice

And if you think about it the ppl that are or turn out to be gay or lesbian are the ppl that dont have a serious-or if any-realationship with the opposite sex so they find other ppl like them and in my opinion try to make a point

but i could correct my-self in a point because not all gay ppl were social outcasts
for example some movie stars male and female are adored by their opposite sex but for some odd O.o reason they turn gay-perhaps they are bored....but like I said its all the persons choice
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby theprophet123 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:57 am

Why do u say that god has something against gays?

The passages that supposedly say he has something against gays(ive read them and would advise u to read them to)Im just saying this cause im presbitarien but i also believe in gay marriage as do most of the other presbutariens i know.
theprophet123
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:14 am

Well obviously, as another religious stand point, by free will i'm saying he is letting you do whatever you want to do and he isn't making anyone gay

well, only in-so-much as anything is anyone's choice. i mean, just because our fate may not be set in stone, i'm not entirely sure it's up to us, either. indeed, i think the more likely scenario is that we are slaves to the atoms inside us, but those atoms are, as suggested by this page have randomness sorta built into 'em.

however, that said, i do believe i understand the point you're trying to make. it's somewhat similar to the points people make to explain away the problem of evil.

of course, i think a better way to explain away the problem of evil is assume that the power to defy logic is included within god's status as being omnipotent.=
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:21 am

Well obviously, as another religious stand point, by free will i'm saying he is letting you do whatever you want to do and he isn't making anyone gay

Except that if god is all knowing, he must therefore know the outcome of any action he undertakes. As such, there is no such things as 'free will'... or, put another way, god knows exactly what we will decide, and has known since Adam and Eve

And if you think about it the ppl that are or turn out to be gay or lesbian are the ppl that dont have a serious-or if any-realationship with the opposite sex so they find other ppl like them and in my opinion try to make a point

Odd... I get along really well with the opposite sex. There's also a few of them I care deeply for. I am simply not attracted to them in the same way, however.

No choice here. I can't say it isn't some combination of nature/nurture and thus a subconcious choice, but there was no concious choice on my point. I'm a rather logical person, and there's no way I would choose a path which would make my life more difficult in this manner.

but i could correct my-self in a point because not all gay ppl were social outcasts
for example some movie stars male and female are adored by their opposite sex but for some odd woah.gif reason they turn gay-perhaps they are bored....but like I said its all the persons choice

Again, why do you say it is a choice? Are you saying that you, yourself, could CHOOSE to, starting tommorow, be sexually attracted to and want to be in a relationship with the same sex. Not just go through the motions, but actually be *attracted* to them?

The passages that supposedly say he has something against gays

Well, it's also in the OT along with a bunch of other stuff that is all but ignored.
Vive le titre de deux.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby shahmask » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:37 am

can't say ive had any problem with the opposite sex. i love girls, in a non-boyfriend/girlfriend way. if i were attracted to them in an intimate/sexual way, id have no problem having a girl friend. until recently, my best friends have been girls.

and i can guarentee u that i didn't chose to be attracted to guys (although i do love it. guys are so hot!) . id like to be attracted to girls so i could share that interest with my straight guy friends, brother, etc.

i believe that it is mostly nature(that is if nurture plays any part at all). studies have shown physiological differences between straight woman and lesbians. lesbians tend to have thicker eardrums (more like a man's) than straight woman.

now, this is not to say ill never have sex with a girl. the opportunity presents itself directly on my doorstep, and im in a very sexual mood, ill do her. but i am about 99.8% sure that i won't be marrying a girl, or even haveing a girlfriend girlfriend.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Neosurfur » Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:50 pm

wait shamask.... are u a guy or girl O_O
Neosurfur
Townfolk

Postby tsian » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:31 am

Shah's a guy.
Vive le titre de deux.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby shahmask » Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:34 am

tsian's right. im a guy.
shahmask
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:14 pm

Figure that out.

And why are people debating me? They're debating my point then reimbursing it. Rather silly.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Twilight Zone