What's your opinion on ..... ?

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

What's your opinion on ..... ?

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:57 pm

Okay ... the subject will change frequently so be sure to check this thread often and keep an eye on the subject line so you are sure to answer the current correct topic. The topics should ONLY be changed by an Admin ... so the three of us need to keep on top of things here and keep up with changing the subject!

Also, this is not a debate thread so please state your opinion and don't attack the opinions of others.

This will give us the opportunity to all learn a little bit more about each other ... litle trivial things but the more little things you know the better!

I am going to start off with ................
Last edited by Nyufrost on Thu Mar 13, 2003 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

What is your opinion on Michael Jackson?

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:07 pm

Well ... I think he's a bit eccentric but it's understandable given the life he has led. I don't think he's nearly as weird as the tabloid press makes him seem and I do not believe the child molestation rumors.

I think he seems like a sensitive and caring person and I think he's an awesome entertainer. :thumbs:

My favorite quote from him was when some tv interviewer asked him about lightening his skin and that meaning he was ashamed to be black ... he said something like "oh please ... white people spends millions on products to alter the color of their skin and they spend countless hours in tanning salons and cooking their skin out in the sun trying to become darker and yet no reporters ever question them about that and accuse them of being ashamed to be white ... why is that?"
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Evlfrost » Wed Mar 12, 2003 3:12 pm

I think that hes a messed up horrible singer...
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Gigafrost » Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:12 pm

Well, lemme see...

He had some really neat songs, for starters, it's nice that he cares for children, I think it's more than possible for him to simply enjoy having them around as I think kids can be great...

On the whitening of his skin, well, why should I care, ya know? I don't have a real problem with it. If you ask me, tattoos and body piercings would be more likely to disgust me...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:37 pm

anyone who can sell that many records is an awsome entertainer, imho, heh.

that, and i thought it was actually a disease that made him turn white? of course, from that quote, and other things i have heard, that may not be very true... and that's a good point he makes about white people trying to become darker...

although i think that in michael jacksons case, he may possibly be too interested in kids... although if they're his own, i guess that attention would be warranted, then... and i've heard that michael jackson has gotten an insane number of nose alterations, etc. but i dunno... i really couldn't care about michael jacksons private life...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Evlfrost » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:31 pm

Only in america can a poor black boy become a rich white woman.
Evljsh: You're young and thus illegal!
xXOkashiiSuruXx: -falls over-

Evlfrost
Frost Druid
Frost Druid

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:33 pm

He's a good singer and entertainer, but other than that, I really just try not to think about it and lack an opinion.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Subject Change -- Elizabeth Smart

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:51 am

ok... what's your opinion on... ummm... elizabeth smart?

i'll post my meandering thoughts tomorrow :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:08 am

Ok... and Elizabeth Smart is... ?

I'd probably have more of an opinion if I knew who you were talking about.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:29 pm

she's the latest thing the media has latched on to... sorta like elian gonzallas, and monica lewinski, heh. if you don't watch main stream news (like any news program on network tv, save for those on PBS), or read main stream news sites (like cnn.com), you're not gonna know about it, heh.

she was apparently kidnapped last june, and she was just found a few days ago... the media suspects her captors "brainwashed" her, although, i dunno... their "brainwashing" seems more akin to taming - the term "brainwashing" implies that that's your goal - i think in her case, "brainwashing" was a secondary effect. i mean, imho, if she really was "brainwashed" she shouldn't be back with her parents. if she was really "brainwashed", then her family may very well be in danger. i mean, gorrela armies in africa do the same thing... with "brainwashing" as a secondary effect as well (of course, they are actually much more brutal with the kids, so "brainwashing" would probably be that much more... effective)... these kids end up becoming soldiers, and kill for the pleasure of it. if you save them in the first few months, they may be able to recover, but after that, they're beyond hope (i once read a national geographic article about this, apartheid's in africa, the htoo twins of the God's Army, etc). elizabeth smart was recovered in about 9 months, but... her "brainwashing" probably wasn't as severe...
Last edited by TerraFrost on Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:41 pm

Well, I don't think about it since all I've really heard about is the stuff here...but, well, I guess I'm glad she was found and all...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Mar 17, 2003 3:54 pm

In my opinion, the Elizabeth Smart case is an excellent example of how young minds can be easily and quickly warped!

According to an eyewitness, a wedding ceremony was performed the very nite she was kidnapped ... she was convinced her captor was a Messiah and she would be giving birth to another Jesus by becoming his wife.

She was apparently so convinced that she didn't even try to escape when left alone ... which really seems odd to me. I mean, if you were a 14 year old sex slave to a 50 year old man and his wife then wouldn't you run at the first opportunity unless you A) enjoyed it or B) were totally mind-controlled into thinking it was your place? O.o

This guy claims to be a holy prophet but I think he's a sick pervert who needs to be locked up.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Mar 17, 2003 4:35 pm

Sounds like she should write a book about it and make lots of money when she recovers.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:12 pm

Hoping, of course (in light of Terra's post) that she does recover... :\
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Mar 18, 2003 5:07 pm

She was apparently so convinced that she didn't even try to escape when left alone ... which really seems odd to me. I mean, if you were a 14 year old sex slave to a 50 year old man and his wife then wouldn't you run at the first opportunity unless you A) enjoyed it or B) were totally mind-controlled into thinking it was your place?

or C) you were so sure they wouldn't leave you alone without having some safety measures in place. i mean, if they left the house, how would she know that they weren't hiding outside, behind some tree, or something? she might get away, or else, what she had to endure before might seem trivial...

also, was she actually... turned into a sex slave? last i read about it was last weekend, when i was at home, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to Twilight Zone