I'm Alive

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Re: I'm Alive

Postby Drazo » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:38 pm

[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

Living in the world of Portal sounds pretty cool! :P
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Javafrost » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:33 am

:banana I am alive today as well, and glad to be so.
I remember FJ as a neat place that my kids were hanging out. Visiting old places can be sad for me sometimes. At least the forum still exists. And it is pretty.
And - ha! Look at my signature line! I saw "The Outlaw Josey Wales" just the other day. It is still one of my favorite movies.
"Endeavor to persevere." -- Lone Watie, The Outlaw Josey Wales
Javafrost
Recruit

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:58 am

There's too much history here for me to want to delete FJ. It might be sad to visit because it's a shadow of its former self but for me, personally, it's still the best source for nostalgia for my life between 2003 and 2005. Like if I were to write an auto biography FJ would be the definitive source of material for stuff that happened between those years! I wonder for how many other people that's true.

Plus, the phpseclib support forum is still alive and well!
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Drazo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:06 am

It's been about 10 years since I've discovered forums. FJ has seen me through my teens and early adulthood. You guys and girls have been more like a family to me than my real family, especially compared to my dad's side. Yes it has been pretty much abandoned for a long time now, but I wouldn't like to see it deleted either.

:cookie
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:25 am

Drazo wrote:It's been about 10 years since I've discovered forums. FJ has seen me through my teens and early adulthood. You guys and girls have been more like a family to me than my real family, especially compared to my dad's side. Yes it has been pretty much abandoned for a long time now, but I wouldn't like to see it deleted either.

That's unfortunate about your real family :(

W.R.T. to FJ... I definitely won't delete it. But ugh all the spam is super annoying. You visit a forum and the first 10x pages are filled with spam. Nuxius gets mad props for still taking care of it as his time permits. Looks like you did some clean up too! :D

Anyway it's good to see you! What are you up to these days!

Speaking for myself... biggest thing going on in my life for these past few years is my constantly failing pursuit of girls. Didn't care until a few years ago and now I do and girls just don't seem to care about me meh :(
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Drazo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

I gave up due to the slowness....FJ got progressively slower. :P

Long story short I completed college, did a little volunteering at a couple charities, lived on my savings for a while, my dad left and tried to dump his 40 K depts on the rest of us, we had to move house, I got officially diagnosed with Asperger's at long last, undergoing diagnosis and treatment for my anxiety problems and somewhere between there I gave up on the ABBS because it was taking to long, it was poorly written and buggy and even at it's best I would've struggled to make a living on it since most web browsers and web servers can do so much more now....and now I'm working on a secret game project and have done for two years already. It's a huge(r) project but it's a octillion times more likely to make a decent profit.

I like to give you advice, but I have about as much social skills as I have knowledge in quantum mechanics, if not less. :lila
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Previous

Return to Tower of Babble