hi everyone!

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

hi everyone!

Postby Dev » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:34 pm

hey guys, it's been awhile.. once again, hahahaha. just seein what's been goin on in everyone's life nowadays.

for me, i'm about to enter my junior year of highschool, wow what a change since joining frost jedi when i was in third grade.
    -i'm now the captain of my highschool's track team,
    -have also taken the 1st clarinet seat of my school's band(which means i'm basically the best clarinet in my school of 3000+),
    -am now entering my school's jazz band for the saxophone
    -now learning guitar
    -looking into careers of music
    -became somewhat of a loner
    -is now taking one AP class, English!
    -have my 3rd girlfriend, has been goin on for 6 months now!

yeah yeah, i'm braggin but this is actually the first time i've talked about my accomplishments, gimme a break! :P

what's been up in everyone else's life?
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Re: hi everyone!

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:17 am

Aside from getting a new job 2.5 months ago I don't think my life is much more different than it was before. I'm also leaving for a 1.5 week long vacation in NYC and DC in two days, too :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 am

Nothing much different has been happening around here either. Just my regular old boring life. :p

Glad to see your music stuff is going well though, Dev. :)

Dev wrote:for me, i'm about to enter my junior year of highschool, wow what a change since joining frost jedi when i was in third grade.
Sometimes it's still difficult for me to think that we've been here that long. o_O;

TerraFrost wrote:Aside from getting a new job 2.5 months ago

Congrats! :D I've been thinking about looking for a different job myself (namely something in Houston that has decent pay :p)

TerraFrost wrote:I'm also leaving for a 1.5 week long vacation in NYC and DC in two days, too :)

Have fun! :)
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Dev » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 am

thanks nuxius!

yoo terrafrost, as a resident of nyc, i suggest you go to st. marks in manhattan, its an area of just a ton of little food places SUCH AS $1 dollar pizza, ahh tasty
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:57 am

Nuxius wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:Aside from getting a new job 2.5 months ago

Congrats! :D I've been thinking about looking for a different job myself (namely something in Houston that has decent pay :p)

Thanks! And good luck in your search! craigslist might be something worthwhile to consider using - that's how I got my current job.

TerraFrost wrote:I'm also leaving for a 1.5 week long vacation in NYC and DC in two days, too :)

Have fun! :)[/quote]
I did :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:26 am

I think we're allowed to revive month old posts, right? :) I'm doing alright. I do apologize for the lack of replies and logins over the past year (?). Alot has been happening. I'm working through my senior year at Arizona State, and I am currently on the look for jobs/internships/etc. I think my main immediate goal for post-collegiate life will be to get an officer commission in the military. In the mean time, I had a very meaningful relationship rise and fall in 2009 with a girl who decided that any of the +50 guy constantly hitting on her were a better choice, including this one guy who looked like a mutant fish (as you can tell, I've gotten over it ;) ). Everything else has pretty much been the same: shaved my head once or twice, deleted my facebook because it was distracting me from school work and pretty much life (no, everybody, I did not unfriend you), pursued a few larks here and there and I've been getting in and out of shape.

I don't know if Roadkill has been coming on or not, but he is doing REALLY well. After spending a little more time in Moscow studying abroad then he intended to (because he loves it there), he came back and graduated this past spring (I believe). From what I heard, he got a job with company who does some sort of trading, particularly in Russia, and he's dating a lovely Russian girl.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I think we're allowed to revive month old posts, right? :)

I've done it often enough :)

I think my main immediate goal for post-collegiate life will be to get an officer commission in the military.

Maybe in 30 years you'll become chairman of the joint chiefs! :D

I don't know if Roadkill has been coming on or not, but he is doing REALLY well. After spending a little more time in Moscow studying abroad then he intended to (because he loves it there), he came back and graduated this past spring (I believe).

I need some Russian rubles for my collection :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:21 am

TerraFrost wrote:Maybe in 30 years you'll become chairman of the joint chiefs! :D

Absolutely not. haha I'm not 200% about what I'll be doing in the future, but I don't think I'll be in the military that long.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dev » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:42 am

man.. everyone's just growing up. i remember when i would check on fj every day!
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Return to Tower of Babble