Wasps

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Wasps

Postby Megafrost » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:12 pm

So last Wednesday, I found out that I'm not allergic to wasps. Through empirical evidence. Ow. First time ever. The stupid little jerks have a wasp nest right outside the door to Black's apartment and I've known they were there for weeks, but for a brief moment I forgot about that and stood very close to the nest. I told the landlady about them, but nothing appears to have been done about it.

Anyone else want to talk about wasps?
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Re: Wasps

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:37 pm

I'm not allergic to them although I do dislike them more than just about any other insect. Once, at a summer camp, we were playing tennis, and the ball goes into a bush. As I reached in the bush to get it, I got stung by three wasps. Never been stung since, although I once, later, did have a wasp crawling on my hair. That was creepy.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Megafrost » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Ow, 3 at once? I thought 1 was painful!

The landlady still hasn't done anything about the wasp nests, so I'm probably going to have to take care of them myself next time I go to Satomi's place. Bah. Not something I really want to do, but the bastards have been scaring me every time I get near them.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:16 am

Burn the heretic, kill the mutant, purge the unclean!

Seriously though, if you can do it without risk of structural or cosmetic damage to the property concerned, I suggest fire. Because it's fun, and the smoke will effectively tranquilize them until they've been burned to death. Maybe start by burning something else and using it's smoke to tranquilize them before you kill them all. Yes, burn something smokey underneath them, then knock the nest down and into a safely contained fire.

Unless you want to collect the nest itself for paper. Then just knock the wasps themselves out into the fire after they've been tranquilized by the smoke.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Winkchen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:23 pm

Oooh my god, wasps, eew, I`m soo awfully afraid of wasps (even though I`m not allergic)
If I see one, I panick.
Worst animals ever to me. Even worse than jellyfish.
Winkchen
Townfolk

Return to Tower of Babble