Obama's private prayer revealed...

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Obama's private prayer revealed...

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:11 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080725/ap_ ... ama_s_note

Am I the only who's super annoyed about this? "Let's steal and leak this prayer to the media!!!!" Doesn't the media know when to piss off?!
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: Obama's private prayer revealed...

Postby Drazo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:54 pm

Isn't it tabloid anyway?

I still can't comprehend why so many people think he's a terrorist or a muslim or anything else just because of his skin colour and of the "Obama" in his name. My forename is Russell which, in use of forenames and surnames, has French, Irish an Scottish origins including the alternative spellings but as far as I know I only have a very tiny amount of old French and Irish blood in me. It is a Christian name but it doesn't mean I'm even religious for that matter.
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 pm

The impression I've gotten is that the media sees Obama as almost too "perfect" and is looking for something, ANYTHING, to try and tear him apart. Maybe I'm wrong on this (in fact I probably am, I haven't been following this election too closely), but most of what I've seen the media doing these days has been along the lines of "Look! McCain/Obama made a slip of the tongue! Let's blow it out of proportion!"

I'm not saying the candidates are perfect. Just that the media seems all too happy to make a mountain out of a molehill.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 am

Well it's a given that they do that sort of thing, but why the hell did they take a personal prayer he wrote and expose it? Isn't there a line that they realize they're not supposed to cross?
Last edited by Rapscallion on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Reminds me of controversy surrounding Google Street View. People doing stuff in public get photographed by the street view car and then have a picture of them "caught in the act" broadcast all over the world.

That they were doing whatever they were doing in plain view isn't the same thing as broadcasting it to the world. Or something, heh.

I'm not saying the candidates are perfect. Just that the media seems all too happy to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I dunno.. it seems to me that the media prefers making mountains out of molehills than using real "mountains".

Obama's middle name of Hussein? OMG! Obama voted for FISA Amendments Act of 2008? Ehh... whatever.

Of course, then again, I think people, very often, get blinded by one issue. It's unreasonable to expect a candidate to take the exact same position as you on every issue - if you require that in a candidate, run for office, yourself. If you're unwilling to do that, compromise. If there's candidate who has the same position as you on 9 out of 10 issues that are important to you, maybe you ought not withhold your vote simply because of that single issue.

Of course, that all assumes that the positions candidates take has any bearing on what they'll do in office. Candidates doing a complete about-face once they're in office isn't exactly unprecedented.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby ameliana » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:14 am

Is Obama strong enough to repel the barrage of negative attacks the Republicans will eventually unleash? Hillary can not only fend off attacks, but bite back. Can Obama withstand a Republican opponent?
ameliana
Traveler

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:47 pm

Uuuumm... seems a little late for talking like that. I think he did rather well.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Return to Twilight Zone