Internet Explorer Acht

All things techie, be they discussions on troubleshooting, video encoding, programming, or algorithm design.

Moderator: Nuxius

Internet Explorer Acht

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:52 pm

Anybody tried number 8 yet?
EDIT: Well, I uploaded it as my web browser. It looks cool and has some interesting features, but there are a few websites that have loaded strangely with it (specifically amazon and netflix), or maybe it's just my computer. I'd log on and everything would be great, but the sign in bars appear INCREDIBLY undersized. And there is this one problem where I click the Page or Tools button on the right hand side of the screen and none of the options appear, so I have to guess what I'm clicking on. Like I said, this could all be my computer (still running with XP) reacting with it. But aside from these minor hiccups, I'm enjoying it.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: Internet Explorer Acht

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:52 pm

I just noticed this post, heh.

Anyway, I downloaded IE8 a few days ago, myself. It's a lot nicer than IE7. The Tools -> Developer Tools thing is probably the thing I like the best.

That said, there is an annoying bug about it:

http://www.frostjedi.com/terra/scripts/ ... wAttr.html
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:00 pm

Haha. Yeah, I eventually had enough problems with it that I had to turn it back to IE7. On top of the aforementioned problems that I had, I have a computer class that assigns homework through Pearson Education online. Unfortunately, they only run with two web browsers: IE6 and IE7.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:55 pm

Have you tried compatibility view?

Of course, I'm having some new problems with it, myself - it works on one computer, but on another computer of mine, only one tab will ever load content.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:52 pm

Yeah, I tried that. It didn't really make too much of a difference for some of the pages. Good idea, but it just didn't work for some of them...
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Communications Center