another horror movie update!!!

A place to discuss movies, books, music and other forms of non-interactive entertainment. It also keeps your food cold.

Moderator: Rao

another horror movie update!!!

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:29 am

Well, it's my break between semesters, and that's usually the time where I start working out again and watch about a million movies. I got together with my friend who works at blockbuster and this time we tackled some pretty modern titles in the horror genre, or about as close as you can get.

1.) Dark Floors- This is actually a movie that uses characters from a recent shock rock band called "Lordi." The whole movie itself is about a man who brings his daughter to a hospital because she has a mental illness (she's also apparently some kind of celestial spirit but you don't find that out until the end of the movie). The man and daughter get stuck in the hospital with the five members of the band randomly showing up and trying to kill them. The movie didn't really capture the same attitude as the band's music act usually has. They weren't aiming for that anyway, but I personally think it would have been more marketable if it were. Too bad.
2.) Amusement- It began as a movie that had a few scary story type of plot elements linked together, but it eventually twisted out into a demented young man preying on a few young girls who got him in trouble in his youth. There was a fairly creepy part with killer being in a clown costume and menacing a babysitter, but to me, it was just another stupid slasher. Sure it was gross and disturbing, but I want more than that. Either make it lovable or REALLY gross and disturbing. :rotf
3.) Repo! The Genetic Opera- I had a ton of fun with this one. They managed to make a movie that was a slasher gross out, a rock opera and a comic book. Of course, I suppose you could just call that an opera. :) Anyway, the plot is that in the not too distant future, there is a company that basically dishes out surgeries like loan sharks. The only thing is that if the client can't pay it back, then the company sends out a Repo man (has a superhero suit and everything) to rip out the organs from the client on the spot. The ending is a little tragic, but the music was amazing, the characters were cool, the sets and set up were awesome, and I just enjoyed the whole thing.
4.) Teeth- We were looking for a fourth movie to watch. We were looking at either American Werewolf in London or this one. We probably would have been better off with the other one. Anyway, this movie is about a young lady who has teeth in her vagina, so she uses it to get even with her uppity half brother who has a crush on her and other sexually deviant dudes from her community. The whole point of this movie was to make the viewer laugh, despite how serious they made everything. Not worth it.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Entertainment Igloo