email address history

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

email address history

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:43 am

What's your email address history? I started off with web_123@hotmail.com maybe as early as 1998 and used William Web as my name. For whatever reason, I then abandoned that email address and got a yahoo.com email address in around 2000. Then got a mail.utexas.edu email address in 2001 when I enrolled in the university and then, in mid-2004, I got my first gmail.com address. I now have multiple gmail.com addresses (use one to sign up for forums or whatnot and another for IRL stuff).

The mail.utexas.edu account got deleted after I graduated, the hotmail.com account got deleted a loooong time ago (I think they get deleted automatically after 6 months of inactivity), and the yahoo.com email address is still around. I check it from time to time but hardly use it anymore.

Have a bunch of forwarding addresses that I use in various capacities. An alumni.cs.utexas.edu one, alumni.utexas.net, phpbb.com and a php.net one.

What's your email address history? Is the email address you're currently using the first one you started off with or is it a newer one? If you don't want to post your email address (I only posted one of mine - a dead one) out of concern for spam, posting the domain, only, should make it safer.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: email address history

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:26 am

I have two. I started out with the mindspring one via outlook, then I linked my ASU gmail account to my home mindspring account. Whichever one I look at, I end up seeing the same mail so meh.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: email address history

Postby Nuxius » Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:25 am

SPAMBOTS UNITE!

TerraFrost wrote:If you don't want to post your email address (I only posted one of mine - a dead one) out of concern for spam, posting the domain, only, should make it safer.
Oh wait..... never mind then.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Return to Tower of Babble