Facebook

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Facebook

Postby Dev » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:09 am

well, it certainly has been awhile since i've gone into here. Terrafrost posts like a bot now, the latest posts i see are from rapscallion, and that's basically it. so, while i'm still posting here, why don't we post our facebooks? assuming everyone here has one.

wow i joined 5years ago.

and i was in elementary school in 2nd grade when that happened!

Now i'm in highschool!

wow!

here's a picture of me now!

at Go Skate Day!

oh, and here's my facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... ef=profile

you're going to need to login to view it btw
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Re: Facebook

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 am

Terrafrost posts like a bot now

:D

wow i joined 5years ago.

and i was in elementary school in 2nd grade when that happened!

Now i'm in highschool!

That is pretty impressive! FJ's been a part of my life in one form or another for about 20% of my life. For what percentage of your life has FJ been around?

Incidentally, 2+5 = seventh grade. Isn't seventh grade supposed to be middle school? In Texas, atleast, it's K-5, in Elementary School, 6-8 in Middle School, and 9-12 in High School.

Mine:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=7925181

Also, just FYI... I don't add friends. I almost always say yes to friend requests but I don't make them. That way, if someone gets upset about my never sending them a friend request, I can honestly say that it wasn't personal - that I don't send anyone friend requests :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dev » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:06 am

hahahahahahahah, before it was like 85% of my life
now it's like .01% LOL, sorry guys. i'm overwhelmed with school stuff.

oh yeah, not 2nd grade. i was 7 years old during that time. i think i was just beginning 4th grade, cause i'm just beginning freshman year right now
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:16 am

Dev wrote:hahahahahahahah, before it was like 85% of my life
now it's like .01% LOL, sorry guys. i'm overwhelmed with school stuff.

What I meant is more like... 7 / (7+5) * 100 = 58%. ie. you've been a member of FJ for more than half your life! For me, it's just 20% of my life.

Actually, I think that's kinda cool. To still be able to read stuff you wrote when you were in 4th grade... I only ever wrote school assignments that have probably since been thrown away. And even if they weren't thrown away, it's doubtful they'd provide much of an insight into my mindset, whereas I'd say message board posts often times can and do.

Of course, when I was in fourth grade, there wasn't really much of an internet to speak of. Gigafrost and his siblings each had their own IBM XT and the best computer in the whole house was a IBM PS/2. A PS/2 Model 55SX was the best computer in my own house, as well.

I remember me and Gigafrost (we met in fourth grade) connecting to each others computers over the modem via ProComm Plus. To chat with someone over the computer was the coolest thing ever!

In contrast, when you were in fourth grade, AOL Instant Messenger had achieved market dominance and Windows XP was a brand new OS.

You're making me feel old, heh :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Dev » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:51 am

using math to determine how much frost jedi has been apart of your life eh, sorry man i'm not up to that level yet lmao

hey man, i wish i was still 9, playing runescape classic all day without much care.

wow so you and giga were pretty much childhood friends? that's a tight bond, man. but now he's all about the anime, and it seems your all about the phpBB xD

my first post!
:oops: can some one make a sapphire ammy enchanted fer me? i pay uhhh i dunno just tell me on rs........ my rs name is uhh mag3r4lif3 and pm me :p :lila

good times..
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Nuxius » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:09 am

And you're making me feel old. :(

When I was in 4th grade, it was Apple II's at school and a Commodore 64 at home. Come to think of it, we might have already had a IBM XT at home as well by then; I can't really remember.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:34 am

Hehe My dad's first computer was a Commodore Colt. I was still a baby when he bought it. (or maybe I wasn't even born yet, I don't know). How's that for old?! Anyway, here's my facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... ef=profile
Last edited by Rapscallion on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:40 pm

Dev wrote:hey man, i wish i was still 9, playing runescape classic all day without much care.

I don't think I realized that runescape is what first brought you here.

Dev wrote:wow so you and giga were pretty much childhood friends? that's a tight bond, man. but now he's all about the anime, and it seems your all about the phpBB xD

Yeah... I've known Giga for about 72% of my life. Well, assuming I was 7 when I was in fourth grade. I'm not actually sure how old I was, heh.

Nuxius wrote:And you're making me feel old. :(

When I was in 4th grade, it was Apple II's at school and a Commodore 64 at home. Come to think of it, we might have already had a IBM XT at home as well by then; I can't really remember.

I guess the IBM XT was to you, at that time, what the PS/2 was to me and Giga - the latest and greatest thing :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby chaotic century » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:08 am

wow I joined about 5 years ago... and I'm glad to see my typing got better lol.

Here's my facebook send me message cause I probably won't know who you are by your real names :P

http://www.facebook.com/s.php?k=1000000 ... ef=profile
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:13 pm

5 years ago is pretty significant. According to my profile, I joined 6 years ago, and I think that was shortly before the board opened up to the public. I was 14 at the time, sheesh. Hadn't even started going to college yet. Just kinda going day-to-day, procrastinating the day's school work and going to swim practice once a day. Too bad that my anger management was worse then than it is today (and today's isn't good enough).

At least my writing is legible.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:30 pm

I just had a job interview with facebook! As for what for happens next, be it a second interview or a rejection... who knows.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:26 am

Well, I hope you get it! What position was it?
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:33 am

Rapscallion wrote:Well, I hope you get it! What position was it?

Software Engineer
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Calintz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:59 pm

And you'd better get that offer, Terra. Good skillz are hard to find, and I'm sure they'll all be wow'd at them.

Hello there all! :-]
"L'amore è la nostra emozione più conservata. Sentirlo, saperlo, sperimentarlo. Lei non lo rammaricherà mai."

"Love is our most cherished emotion. Feel it, know it, experience it. You will never regret it."
Calintz
Townfolk

Postby Rapscallion » Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Hello!
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Tower of Babble