America's 1st All-Gay High School

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Postby BattleFrost » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:39 am

I agree with tsian on that. But I hate when peer presure is added to it, from that person.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Aug 08, 2003 1:58 am

i think that unwanted peer pressure from straight girls or gay guys would be... well... just that... unwanted and just plain wrong. it's not entirely exclusive to gays, imho, although it is a shame that the only gays you know give you such unwanted peer pressure...
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby tsian » Fri Aug 08, 2003 3:02 am

Well, High School does suck on a lot of levels :-/

EDIT: I guess that is sort of like flirting with your friends... I dunno.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Spudgun » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:18 pm

A very good friend of mine is gay, and by being in our group of friends he benefits, he has our understanding and protection from anybody who may try to hurt him.

Its like, if somebody is hetrosexual and has a problem with a gay person etc, then somebody else who is also hetrosexual tells them to leave that person alone because "that guys a friend of mine" etc then they are getting input from somebody that they are more likely to listen to. As in their mind they cant just write off what was said as being "from a gay person".

And yes, i believe its essential for gay people to spend as much time as possible with hetrosexual people, how else are they going to learn the pitfalls, "dodging the punches" so to speak, they need to be aware of potential dangers etc.

in a way i can see what you where saying about being nervous around gay people BattleFrost, recently i listened to the song "I Like Goils" by Type O Negative, and i liked the style of the song, but the lyrics are very.... awkward in regards to homosexuals, i wanted to share the song with my friends but found myself worried about how it would effect my gay friend, but after talking to him about it we hashed out an understanding.

my point is, theory is a very poor substitute for experiance, some things we just need to work out together, seperating us only makes things harder in the future.
Spudgun
Traveler

Postby tsian » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:21 pm

Yeah... it's very easy to judge people without ever meeting them.
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Re: America's 1st All-Gay High School

Postby fuschiaangel » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:26 am

Really, it is a catch 22. Without, as was mentioned, a safe haven, especially in a place like New york, It would be very difficult to live a normal life (i.e. Beatings, threats, stereotypes tec.) without some kind of safe haven, but, as you all mentioned, ignorance would be allowed to grow. However, just because the school is THERE, only 100 kids are going there and there are a LOT of fucking people in New york. Not EVERY gay guy/girl is going there. I myself wish that, in texas, where I live, an EXTREMELY homophobic state, I wish there was a high school like that. I am so SICK of being called lesbitch, homo, Faggotmaster, and every other damn name ( Dyke) that they can think of. I'm gay, not a fucking... I dont even know what! Also, how long do you think it will be before some super christian group decides that god told them to destroy the high school with bombs? Of course, it would just be homophobia rearing its ugly little head.
fuschiaangel
Traveler

Re: America's 1st All-Gay High School

Postby Drazo » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:53 am

This thread is as old as they come. It's been 5 years and 6 days since it's last reply and most of the repliers here have long since gone or very rarely post anymore. Locked.
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Previous

Return to Tower of Babble