Zoo...

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Zoo...

Postby Rapscallion » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:03 pm

Because I spent May, June, and part of July unsuccessfully searching for a job at any crappy retail stores and/or crappy fast food places, I signed up to volunteer at the Wildlife World Zoo in Buckeye, AZ. They assigned me to the reptile house. It's been interesting working with super exotic reptiles. Usually, I just move giant tortoises around, help move boas around, feed and water poisonous insects, clean up after alligators, and feed skinks, frilled lizards and other weird lizards.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: Zoo...

Postby Drazo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:44 pm

You lucky bastard.... O.o

Are there any dragons? :D
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:22 pm

What kind of zoo would be capable of holding and containing a dragon? It would have to be owned by some sort of evil overlord.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:11 am

There's a pretty big crocodile monitor named Jesus (HAY-ZEUS) that could be mistaken for a really goofy looking dragon....with a really long tail.......
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:01 pm

Megafrost wrote:What kind of zoo would be capable of holding and containing a dragon? It would have to be owned by some sort of evil overlord.

What if it was a komodo dragon?

Also, that sounds like an awesome way to volunteer. ^_^
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 pm

By jove she's got it. Give the cat a fish bone.

:crazy
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:54 pm

Unless she's a small aquatic turtle, then you would give her a goldfish cut in half. Or if she were a snapping turtle, you would give her a baby mouse..... :rotf
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Chat is French for cat. :p

Tortue is French for turtle.
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:19 am

I didn't know that.

To completely change the subject so freakin rudely (I apologize), I just took a trek through the desert near the Whitetank Mountain park to look for large scorpions. Me and my buddy Ryan were walking around tumbleweeded areas with a black light and picking up scorpions we found with really long tweezers to put in a bucket which I taped a brown paper bag to the top of to make a lid which didn't come with the bucket. Why did we do this? The head zoo keeper told me that he'd pay me $3 each for each of the big ones, and maybe $5 for any millipedes we find (don't show up under black lights, therefore will not be found by us). We got about 10 of these creepies after 2 hours of searching desert brush at night.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby trisceliya » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 am

What happens if a zoo animal falls into a moat? Like the tiger for instants at the SF zoo, what would have happened if that thing fell in the moat? Is there a way they can get out?
trisceliya
Traveler

Return to Tower of Babble