The paranormal..

Trippy discussions of moral issues, conspiracy theories, the paranormal and other otherworldly phenomenon.

Moderator: Dracofrost

The paranormal..

Postby Rapscallion » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Just curious, but how does everybody feel about ghosts, demon possessions, aliens, sea serpents, yetis, etc., etc.? I, personally, have yet to encounter any type of this phenomena. However, I have heard stories. Anybody want to share their thoughts?
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Re: The paranormal..

Postby Megafrost » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:21 am

Regarding ghosts and demons, my position is that we really don't have proof that these things do or do not exist, and that it's hard to draw conclusions. An "incident" with these things could be real, but the mind could also be trying to rationalize it by assuming that they are the cause. I hold the same view on the yeti and sea serpent, but for different reasons. Maybe these things exist and we just haven't discovered them yet. We discover new species all the time. But the stories about these two portray them as particularly large, and that would make it much harder for them to hide. I don't know.

Aliens? Maybe. There's an entire universe to explore.

These are just my thoughts. My usual stance regarding the paranormal is that, maybe they're possible, but that a when an "event" occurs the person or brain will attribute it to the paranormal because he wants it to be. People will look for any proof that their beliefs are real, even where there is none.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:38 pm

Yeah. I've been to a few places that are rumored to be haunted and didn't really notice anything unusual. I have had friends tell me weird stories involving mirrors, ouijia boards, and what not based on their own experiences, but I'll believe that when I see it. The thought of being possessed by demons scares the hell out of me for some reason. Not really sure why. Most of the people who have had "alien encounters" sound pretty frickin loony to begin with, so no telling what to think there.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 pm

I had a holiday (vacation) in a really old cottage in Cornwall which was apparently haunted. I didn't notice any paranormal activities but there was a slight air of 'eerieness' especially at first. If you're told it's haunted whether you believe it or not you tend to 'feel' that anyway because you expect it or 'want' to expect it. It's all phychological really; your mind playing tricks on itself....
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:25 am

Yeah, I've done that in a friend's relative's house that he told me was haunted.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:21 pm

One tends to get the same feeling in graveyards at night, and it makes it worse if one of the serious 'paranormal' believers is with you and getting freaked out (or at least acting that way), but I suppose that's just the power of suggestion for you. Most of the stories have much simpler explanations in the way of people being crazy or high. *shrugs* Which makes more sense, an alien coming thousands of lightyears to stick a probe up some primative hominid's anus, or someone just having a bad trip?
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:32 am

Heh, yeah.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Return to Twilight Zone