What's Your Favorite ...... ?

General on-topic discussions about what's going on in your life or in the world around you

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Re: What's Your Favorite ...... ?

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Finally!!! YES!!!! Thank you CC, :bussi: Someone finally replied to the thread so I can reply without double posting!!!!

Anyway, Favorite duel scene in a movie. It can be swords, guns, spears, barefists, whatever.

The fight between Cheung Zhen (probably not spelled right) and that japanese guy in FIST OF LEGEND.
:D
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Megafrost » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:43 pm

FYI, double-posting really refers to posting twice in a short period of time. If it's 5 minutes between posts, you're better off editing. If it's been at least a day, posting a second time is fair.

My favorite duel scene: Optimus Prime Vs. Megatron in Transformers the Movie (1985). And I mean the animated movie, not the live-action one.
The universe is mine and all shall bow before the might of Megafrost, master of Orion, master of the universe...
Megafrost
Frost Blacksmith
Frost Blacksmith

Postby chaotic century » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:35 pm

I would have to say the final fight between knives and Vash in the manga (it's not out in english yet but I strongly suggest reading how it ends at onemanga.com) freaking awesome

and Cloud and Sephiroth in Advent Children.. and Optimus Prime versus that guy with the claw (I forgot his name!?) in Transformers (07)

Those are just a few I think there are some other radical fights I'm forgetting
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:52 pm

Hmm... Indiana Jones and that master swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Perfect little slice of reality stuck in the middle of the usual hollywood reality-bending 'cool' things that are all impossible. Funny as hell, too.

Though for actual, swordfighting duels... probably the fight between Vader and Luke at the end of Return of the Jedi, just for the sheer emotional content. Plus it hits harder, and deeper into the psyche, because I saw it so young... it's just part of me a lot more than most random 'cool' movie duels.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby ChatOmbre » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:54 pm

The duel from Dangerous Beauty, in which Veronica and Maffio use both poetry and swords.
(BTW, the trailer for that movie does *not* do it justice! blargh!)

Scaramouche was pretty cool, too. According to IMDB.com, "This movie contains what is reported to be the longest fencing duel ever caught on film, the climactic fight that ranges throughout the theater, from the balcony boxes, to the lobby, through the main seats, backstage and finally on the stage itself." And and that story is mentioned in a Queen song ("Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you do the Fandango?"), which makes it even more nifty.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Catgirl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:46 pm

it's not exactly a duel...
but when Legolas kills the giant elephant thing in LotR, it's amazing! :bow
"Don't fret precious, I'm here. Step away from the window, go back to sleep. Safe from pain and truth and choice and other poison devils. See, they don't give a **** about you like I do"
~"Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" by A Perfect Circle
Catgirl
Townfolk

Location: in a cold concrete jungle of soul-crushing proportions

Postby Rapscallion » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Well...... that counts too. Anyway, I'm changing mine. My favorite duel is in the movie SPL: Killzone when Donnie Yen and Jackie Wu fight each other. Jacky Wu has a dagger, Donnie Yen has a billy club. They are both insanely fast (real stunts, of course) and at each other's throats. :evil:
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby penslinger » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:57 pm

As corny as it is, I like the sword fight between The Man in Black aka The Dread Pirate Roberts aka Wesley and Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride
penslinger
Traveler

Postby Rapscallion » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:20 pm

That's good, too, man.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby chaotic century » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:24 am

Pretty sure this has been done before but o well.

Who's your favorite super hero?

Mine is Superman because he is awesome, enough said but I will say more.
Unlike alot of the other super hero's, Superman isn't always someone you're supposed to relate to, he's more the guy you look up to and want to be like because he's the one man who will (almost) never fail you. Alot of people say they don't like him because he's too much of a goody goody boy scout and can never be hurt and is too powerful. Honestly I agree and that's why I like him. He always does the right thing and because he can't be hurt and is almsot all powerful he's the one man who can get away with not having to resort to killing the criminals and saving the day and never be accused of doing wrong. Besides all that he gives hope to everyone and is the standard that everyone looks up to. Even the criminals need him. He gives them purpose. In Superman Doomsday when he "dies" Lex Luthor is upset and has nothing to reach for he has nothing to push him anymore. In the DC universe he gives hope to everyone and a world without superman is just so bleak. Those are only a few reasons why I like Superman. I wish I could convey my full meaning and emotion on this but the right words elude me...I hope you atleast get what I'm trying to say
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Rapscallion » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Probably Hellboy. He's funny, strong, humble, etc. He also knows his way with demons, monsters and other paranormal entities.
Rapscallion
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:36 am

I'm sorry CC, but you must come to realize the horrible, awful, truth. Superman is actual a dick. A really big asshole. Just look for yourself: It's all right here.

Anyways, as for my favorite superhero... Ironman. Supergenius billionaire who enjoys his money (and women, and booze, and cars, etc. etc.) and is endowed with the power of badass ENGINEERING. I want a freakin' Ironman suit.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Winkchen » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:50 pm

I think for me it`s Spiderman. He`s somehow just a normal guy, pretty intelligent and he makes mistakes and that`s what I like about him, I think.

I normally don`t like Superman, because normally he`s just so dumb and annoys me somehow, but I like him a lot in the TV series "The adventures of Lois and Clark". He`s funny, clever and somehow cool there and he is just a good person.

Oh and Wolverine is also cool (I love Superheros)
Winkchen
Townfolk

Previous

Return to Tower of Babble