STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Like comics? Then this is the place for you. You can read other's comics, or even share some of your own.

Moderator: Gigafrost

Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:11 am

So…happy Monday morning, fellow Blinkers! The week stretches out ahead of us like a hiiiiighway of possibilities, and I hope you’re all gonna’ get some good scribbling done over the coming days!

First post today is a concept shot of Serenity in the cockpit of a mystery machine from Season 1 issue 2 of MOON! Work those levers, grrrrrl!

Next up, a little web flyer to let you know that the latest instalment of my brother’s fantastic column over at Comic World News is up. With the tragic loss last month of a comic book great, he decided to put on hold the previously advertised theme for this chapter, and instead has written about Mike and his wonderful Tellos series. Robin asked me to come up with a Tellos-themed illo to advertise the column, and of course I obliged as best I could. Go read it HERE folks…

More in but a moment!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:12 am

First up, another little teaser for the soon to be released Awesome anthology from Indie Spinner Rack…

Next, those regular Blinkers out there will remember that in the past I've produced a few tutorials on colouring and suchlike. While they were useful to a degree, colouring is far from being my strongest skill as an artist, and besides, they essentially taught techniques which can be found better explained elsewhere on the web. However, this thread was never meant to just be about show and tell, I always envisioned it as a place where you can come to hopefully get a new idea or two to take into your own work, and maybe even a little bit of inspiration/motivation to keep you at the drawing board when the TV/Pub/Hot Fox Next Door* are tempting you away from your creative endeavours. So, without further ado, I'd like to announce the forthcoming School of Blink, which I will run right here in the Thread, and which will hopefully become a library of tutorials and discussions on imagination, creativity and invention within the realm of comics creation, storytelling and concept art. I hope it will be of interest to some of you, and for those guys who already know it all, well, there'll be some pretty pictures! Whoip!

Lorenzo!

*There is absolutely NO garuntee that these tutorials will be more entertaining than an evening with that cutie next door.

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:12 am

Smultz alert! Turn back if you don't like luuuuurve!

So, I just got back from a great little scoot around Spain with my girl, and I wanted to come in and post this piccie I did for her. My amazing Esty has recently had to deal with a ton of very difficult stuff, things that most of us would find it hard to cope with at the best of times, and she has shown such strength of character and amazing resourcefulness, I'm just blown away by her. Unfortunately, it's taken it's toll on her sleeping, and my poor girl has had a lot of restless nights, so I wanted to do this pic to encourage her to think of all the good, fluffy stuff in life when she's snoozing next to me. I love you baby, you're just the most perfect girl in the world!

Lorenzo!

P.S. The Bear with the glasses is meant to be me, 'cos that's how it feels to be held by my girl!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:14 am

Hmmm…lots of things today, let’s get on with ‘em, eh? First up, issue 4 of DreamWorks Tales is now on the newsstands here in the UK, and I thought I’d show you a little peek at the 6-pager Madagascar story I drew for it. Pencils, inks and colours by me, script and lettering by John Green and Jimmy Betancourt/Comicraft respectively. Go get a copy!

Next up, for those pencil heads among you, the line work from the Madagascar teaser pic I posted earlier in September.

Moving on, we have another teaser for the forth-coming return of One Night in the City. I knocked this one up in Biro while waiting for a load of my pages to render on our dusty ole’ G3s here in castle blink. And they say slow processors are a bad thing!

Finally, a lil’ web flyer to announce that we’ll be bringing all our Blinky bells and whistles to two rather fantastic conventions here in the UK this October, so if you wanna talk comic making, pick up some books, or some of our comic board for your own creations, or you just want a Lorenzo sketch, I hope you’ll be able to come along! Find out more about the Birmingham con HERE, and the London con HERE. Be good to see you, peeps!

Lorenzo!

P.S. I was fortunate enough to get another Daily Deviation over on DeviantArt last week, and to celebrate I posted a little exclusive up just for the DA peoples. You can check it out HERE.

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:13 am

Just a little one here to let you know that we'll be launching the 11th MOON! Sketch book at the Birmingham International comic con this weekend. Produced in the mini-dimensions of all our recent sketch books, this one is three times longer than normal, with 32 pages of all my recent sketches, designs and web teasers. We are also for the first time bowing to demand and allowing you to buy the sketchbooks on their own (normally they're only available for free with TPB purchases). So, you can come and pick up this slice of Blink fun for just £3 each, or FREE with every £20 you spend, what a bargain! Limited numbered edition of just 150, with the first 50available at the Birmingham con, and the rest available at the London MCM expo the following week, then they're gone for good! Scroll back to my last post for more info on the shows and links to both show sites...!

Soooooo, first up today, another sneak-peek at the pencils from our B&W MOON! story for the Indie Spinner Rack AWESOME anthology, which will be in comic stores from 17th October! Yeah!

Then, another little webflyer to let you know the School of Blink is coming soon. I've had a phenomenal response to the original posting on the blog/in the forums about this new tute' feature, and I'm really excited about rocking into Semester 1!

Then, a lil' sketch I did for my buddies over on the mighty ConceptArt...

...and finally, a little experiment in the form of a tin for a fictional drinking den called the Monkey Bar...

Weird!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:04 am

So, what an awesome time we just had at the Birmingham con this weekend just gone! We cheerfully greeted a gazillion great peeps, chatted with old fans and regular Blinkers, met a whole new load of wonderful folks, and sent a LOT of people home with Blink Bags stuffed with Malcolm books, MOON! Space Logs and BT Comic Board! YEAH! Feel like you missed out? Well, have no fear, we'll be doing it all again THIS weekend (20th - 21st Oct) at the mighty London MCM Expo! The limited Edition 11th MOON! Sketchbooks we took to Brum flew off the ole' Blink stand at quite a pace, and if you haven't yet bagged a copy, your last chance is THIS WEEKEND at the London con! Be there, of miss 'em, folks!

GO HERE to find out more, and we'll see you in the Big Smoke!

I did a whole load of scribbles, sketches and commissions at the Birmingham con this weekend, here's a lil' shot of a few of them, along with a higher-res version of one involving a rather large Squid thingie. More on the way!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:20 am

So, just got back from London, and MAN was it a good show!! Big, BIG up to all the newbie peeps and old skool Blinkers we met and chatted to and just generally had a ball with. I can now also announce that the next public appearance of the Blink will be in the form of a 5-week original art exhibition as part of the Animated Exeter animation festival in Jan/Feb 2008. I'll also be running a workshop there, so stay tuned to this ole' thread to find out more soooon! Now, here's some lil' London piccies...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:41 am

So, what have I got for you today? Well, let’s start with some more sketches from the recent conventions we attended, here you’ll see some of the sketches I only got photos of, including a Madagascar one, and a pic of Bigfoot from our story in the Viper anthology. I drew quite a few of those penguins this weekend I can tell ya'!

Following that, another sketch at better quality, with a little bit of Photoshop colours 'cos I felt like it!

Next a lil' picce I scribbled up in a bar a few weeks back at the first of the new monthly sketch-booze meets with a load of cool CA peeps. The incredibly bendy Fran "Lefren" Franster scanned this bad-boy in for me, so thank you sweetie! Next meet is on the 8th Nov, see you there, peeps!

Finally, Bobby just had a Birthday! It was a rather good one in terms of all things Blinky actually, as we will hopefully be able to tell you all soonish. In the meantime, here's Mugg to say happy birthday to my amazing brother!

Lorenzo!

Just a couple of Dreamworks piccies today, a double page spread from my first adventure, and a pencils shot of King Julien’s party form the same issue. Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:25 am

Hey-hey, Frost Jedi guys! Well, it's a sad day today, but try as I might, I just can't keep up with the ole' forum posting any more, due to lots and LOTS of new work I'm doing for Dreamworks and a number of other future projects. Many thanks for all the good times, I hope you'll be able to check in with my blog over on http://www.studioblinktwice.com or my Deviant Art account at http://www.studioblinktwice.deviantart.com or of course my tread over at the mighty Concept Art at http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65724&page=19 all of which will be updated regularly with new sketches, news announcements and exciting goodness! I hope to see you there guys!

Cheers!

Lorenzo!

P.S. Here's some recent Dreamworks stuff, along with a MOON! sketch from a convention, and a piccie I painted for my Girlie's birthday...

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Previous

Return to Comic Relief