Doing a fan-dub

Displays of original artwork, handicrafts, musings and other talents

Moderator: Kaos

Doing a fan-dub

Postby Drazo » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm doing a fandub of Fruits Basket, and already have completed the first ep script. I can provide the voices of at least two characters however I certainately need a lot more volunteers to provide their voices (the more chacters they can cover the better). So if you got a microphone which is at least not crap (the better quality the better :p) and a suitable recording room (well padded quiet bedroom is best) and willing to lend your voice then let me know. I would prefer if you can or at least try to sound like the character. Priorty will be given first come first serve and quality and 'sound alike' for any character. Non-reoccuring characters don't really matter, but I would prefer if those who can sound at least slightly like the original voicer (mostly American accents).

It doesn't matter if you haven't seen all of the english dub of the fruits basket but you'll need to hear at least one or two samples for each character you do. I will voice all the dialog myself to give to each volunteer so they know how to say it the way I want it to be said. I will give each of you a copy of the entire dialog script (with your characters pieces highlighted) as well but use my own recordings for aid.

This is entirely fun and silly fan work and thus no payments will be made but you will be rewarded with perhaps a bit of fame. :)

PM or e-mail me if you're interested or reply for questions and such.

Oh before you ask....I've been thinking about this for some time....probably shortly before I discovered the yu-gi-oh abridged series. However it was that which inspired me much more.... :D

And I can't gaurantee it'll pull through although after much testing and consideration I think it should but still prepare for the possibility of disappointment. :p
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:15 am

Good luck! :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: Doing a fan-dub

Postby Drazo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:16 am

Very few entrants (from youtube) have offered but recently I've unexplainably lost complete access to my own site (remaining best guess is the webserver or their firewall has accidentally 'blacklisted' my IP address as I think they may have been under a DoS attack or something at the time time I was busy uploading a lot of stuff etc because they were being extreamly slow) thus I can't even access the e-mail or the forum there....
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Return to Rogue's Gallery