STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Like comics? Then this is the place for you. You can read other's comics, or even share some of your own.

Moderator: Gigafrost

Postby Lorenzo » Tue May 29, 2007 7:34 am

Whoooooo-eee! What a show THAT was!!! So, I'm back in Bristol after spending the bank holiday weekend tooling across London with Bo-bo in the ole' Amazon to and from the MCM Expo at the Excel centre. As usual, we had an awesome time, met a lot of new Malcolm and MOON! fans, saw a ton of regular Blink buddies and generally larked about in the name of selling comics.

Thanks to all who came and chatted to us, you guys make the shows for us so cheers, and we'll see you in October at the next one, but right now, bring on the summer!

Whoooop!

Oh, and I did a bit of sketching too, here's the first of 'em...

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:29 am

So, time for a little more Sasquatch, methinks! Here's a page of pencils...

More like this in but a moment, folks!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:32 am

Hey folks, some random ones today! First up, the Blink were recently featured in uber-coolio Brit listings mag Venue, here's some shots...

I also just wanted to nip in and say that Fat Chunk, the awesome 60-page b&W monster underground cult indie SMASH, is now on sale allll over the world! Just GO HERE (and click the "COMICS" tab on the left of the page) and grab a copy! It's dead cheap (ONE DOLLAR!), as I'm sure you'll see, though postage costs a little due to current exchange rates and the fact that it's so darned PHAT! Here's some snaps of the book and our three-page exclusive MOON! tale...get some, kids!

Finally, another sketch from the recent London show...

More soon, peoples!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:00 am

Hey-hey, folkses!!!

Well, Bo-bo's second column over at the awesome Comic World News is now up! This month he talks about French comics writer Jean-David Morvan and in particular his series "HK". GO HERE to enjoy the images, soak up my bro's genuine love for great comic books, and learn a little about a title you may not have come across before...!

Next up, another London con sketch. This one was for a long-time Blink reader who's had a few sketches from me before. He asked for something a little different this time in the form of a Lorenzo-take on a Transformer, and, well, here's the result! Note in particular how I was doing quite well until the final stage, where for some reason the front fenders disappear altogether! Still, real rods should always fun fenderless anyway, right? Haha!

More faster than you can say: "Damn it Lorenzo, quit slacking and update, you Chump!"

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:25 am

So, today is an exciting day in the world of the Blink, as for the first time in the three or four years we've been making comics together, my bro Robin and I are actually gonna live in the same city! Yes, today Bo-bo officially moves to town! Alllllright! Good to have you here, brother!

Next up, here's a little piccie I did for my wonderful girl for our 6 1/2 year anniversary, which we celebrated this weekend. As ever, Esty is the greatest thing in my life; she continually fills my days with colour, laughter and smooches! Thank you baby, you're purrrrfect!!

More new piccies just around the corner, peeps!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:01 am

So, I was rooting through the Blink Library the other day and it struck me that I'd never taken a pic of all the Blink Products together, so...here they are! Lots more on the way too! Ha-zaa!

Next up, to see you into the weekend with a smile, two more sketches from the London MCM expo we attended in May. These both feature dear ole' Ratt messing around in veeee-hicles! Both are drawn in humble ole' blue Biro, (or ballpoint pen). Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:10 am

So, those of you who are web-savvy will of course come across the awesome Deviant Art, one of the internet's biggest and best free on-line gallery sites. Never one to shy away from a great creative community, I've been posting new work up there for a little while now, and today I posted our 400th seperate image!!! Lordy! Anyways, I'm always up for chatting to folk in there, so why not drop by and say hi? Alternatively, just have a root through the gallery, which you'll probably find a little easier to navigete than this thread. The Studioblinktwice Deviant at page is RIGHT HERE.

Secondly, another look at art from our Sasquatch story for Viper comics. Regular readers of this thread will remember I posted the sketch design of this robot a while ago, and here it is in the final mix!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:06 am

Okay, so unusually I can't show you anything new this week, since I've been hard at work on various projects I can't post just at the moment. Obviously posting NOTHING would simply not do, so I wandered down into the vaults here at Blink Towers and found some stuff which for one reason or another is unlikely to see the light of day in any kind of finished format. Hope you enjoy,

What a load of old Tosh indeed!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:38 am

So, to start with, just a lil' ooooooold one here, a web flyer for the original Space Log, the first in our series of MOON! companions. If you live in the UK, you can pick it up in the store HERE at SBT!

Next, another sketch from the Bristol con here, this one for Uber-super-fan #1, Mikey! The image depicts the little penguin with the lollipop and the toy duck that I hide somewhere in every comic we produce; that's right, he's tucked away in every copy of Malcolm, Tusk, and MOON! Get searching, folks!

And finally, more pages from our MOON! story in Viper's Sasquatch Anthology, here Bigfoot prepares for his opening scene in "It Came From Over There!"...

...he's like, SO method!

More soon, cup-cakes!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:52 am

A few more concepts from the first season of MOON! here, featuring a re-design of Rector's hover chair, an idea for the look of an audition booth from the opening scene of issue 1, and a Tug Truck from issue 2. More in a bit, folkses!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:05 am

So, my ole' bro's gone and written another Doozey over in his "Comics have never been so much fun" column at the mighty Comic World News. The theme this month focuses on great children's comic writing, and as he mentions the genius that is Watterson, I thought it was a good enough excuse to rustle up a little Calvin and Hobbes biro sketch. Don't waste time looking at my pic though, GO HERE to read his great column, and hey, don't just take my word for it, GO HERE to see that those kool kats over at TOP SHELF dig it too! Great work, broski!

Following that, two more concepts from MOON! today, the first of Ratt's rocket pack, as used in Issue 1, and the second of Serenity in one of the many costumes she'll be wearing for her roles as Lead Starlet for MOON! movie studio's various properties.

Enjoy!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:03 am

Well, I thought I had better come in here and let you guys know what's going on, as there's been a somewhat cavernous delay in the ole' Blink posting of late. The news is, there's too much news! Between moving studios, new projects, special projects and general MOON! goodness, I've not been able to get the time to sit down and 'puter it, and for that you gotta' accept my apologies. Stick around though, folks, 'cos there's some BIG stuff coming! To keep you going, and to get you buzzing for what's on the way, here's a little teaser for a new comics project I've recently been employed to work on, which hopefully fans of a certain animation studio will get very excited about! Proper announcement on it's way, folks!

Lorenzo "Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave…" Etheringtino!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:50 am

So, time to get back on that ole' forum posting horse and ride, ride, ride...as they say. Ha-HAAA! Here's a not-so-little chap who plays a rather dramatic role in the main issue 1 chase scene. Ooooh...clowny.

Next up, exciting news, folks, the Indie Spinner Rack anthology, entitled "Awesome" is now available to pre-order, so I thought I'd better come in here and tell you about it, and at the same time post a little pencils-only teaser. Those of you who are long-time Blinkers may well remember the concepts I posted for this story a while back in "burger wrapper" themed stlyees. GO HERE for a preview of each and every story by all the talented folk involved, as well as links to where you can order it and info on the launch party etc. Go get soooome!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:12 am

Holy monkey-chow! Lots of news today…

I can now announce that I am now an official Dreamworks artist for their Dreamworks Tales comic! When I was approached by Titan to work on the title back in May, I was at first hesitant, not because I didn’t want to get involved in the awesome world of DW, but because I was concerned it would eat into my MOON! work time. My Ed was totally sympathetic to my schedule though, and together we came up with a workload which suited us both. I was offered the choice of which property I wanted to work on (Shrek, Over the Hedge, etc) and eventually we decided that Madagascar was the most suited to my style in terms of both look and humour. So, I’ve got a couple of stories already drawn, the first of which will be in issue #4 on sale in a month or so here in the UK, I think, but I’ll be able to confirm that properly in a few weeks. Having gone through the movie about 20 times since getting on board, I gotta say, I’ve just come to love it’s oddball humour more and more, there is some absolutely fantastic character performances, and the whole thing has such a wonderful Tex Avery chaotic feel to it – basically, right up Lorenzo’s street! Ha-zaa! Trust me when I say, I’m gonna push the boat waaaaaay out for this one, folks, and I’ll be showing you more as soon as I can! Enjoy!

So, I finally got the chance to come up with a proper page design for laying out the build shots of the Kustom I'm building with my Pa. Last time you saw the Amazonia, we were half way through getting the Dagmars and teeth in place. Well, here it is so far – the nose is now shaved, and eight of the ten teeth are in place, with two more to go in. The entire grille surround will be getting a much smoother look, once I’ve sculpted it all out, updates as they happen, folks, enjoy!

Along with all sorts of new stuff on the way, I'm buzzed to announce that my story of wandering romance in the big city is set to return this autumn. Stay tuned, folks, gonna take this one all over the place...

Finally, just a little experiment here, thought it would be fun to scribble up a pic of Serenity from MOON! in a different style, just for kicks. Hope you guys dig!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:01 am

So, here’s a quick concept of Teron from MOON! as RACE MADLY, his “acclaimed” on-screen persona. Regular Blinkers will spot that this is Collect-a-Sketch number 10, BEFORE we’ve had Collect-a-Sketch number 9! Has the world gone MAD?!!! Well, no, it’s just number 9 is taking a little while to clean, but it’s on it’s way, peeps!

Next up, a pic of a curly-haired cutie in a yellow dress because…well, do I need a reason to draw curly-haired cuties in yellow dresses?! Haha! No, exactly!

More in Neu-Yoik-Minnut, as my Manhattan brethren would say!

Keep scribblin’, folks!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Relief