STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Like comics? Then this is the place for you. You can read other's comics, or even share some of your own.

Moderator: Gigafrost

STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 am

Hey, hey Frost Jedi folks! Thought I'd start a little thread of our stuff in here, hope you folks dig it! I'll be updating with new images every week, but for now, here's a little selection of previous posts to get you started...

Okay, so here we are, the start of the new Studio Blink Twice BIG thread.

We're a UK/France based comics studio currently producing the titles Malcolm Magic and Tusk, and the on-line web story One Night in the City.

Our big, BIG release will be MOON!, a sci-fi-comedy-action-adventure-romance-spce-opera-epic the likes of which has never been seen before!

Hmm...maybe that's a good thing!

So here it begins, the Studio numbers 3, with me on art, my brother Bob on words, and our genius Webmaster General Mark on all things web-and-games based.

New art will be going up every 2-3 days...forever!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:57 am

So, today's offering is a web-only flyer I produced for One Night in the City. Hope you guys dig it.

More tomorrow!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:58 am

Okay, so I'm gonna try and keep these postings nice and varied, which I hope will keep it all interesting for you folks! Today we've got a little character design I did for the currently-in-production issue 10 of Malcolm Magic. This ole' girl's name is MRS. D.

More tomorrow!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:58 am

Okay, so we've had some One Night in the City, a little Malcolm, I know what you're thinking: "Show us some MOON!, man!". Well, okay, as you asked so nice...

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:00 am

Here's a style experiment for MOON! I did as part of our buddy Gringo's JAM PAGE. Take part if you want!

And hey, guys, Happy Easter!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:00 am

Well, it's Easter Sunday here in the UK, and I hope you're all having a great time wherever you are. As it's a holiday for me, I thought I'd post something a bit different and (hopefully!) a bit special. So here's a pic I did of a Girl. Don't get the chance to do much stuff like this, as I'm always drawing that rabbit or strange aliens! Hoho! Hope some of you like it!

Happy Holidays!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:01 am

Okay, so here's another web flyer for One Night in the City. I think this goes a good way to summing up the style, feel and mood I'm trying to get across with the story. Hope you dig, folks!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:01 am

Okay, so I thought I'd post a little piece of concept art from MOON! today. We've got around 300 pages of environment, character and vehicle sketches already in the can for MOON!, so expect to see more stuff like this reeeeeal soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:03 am

Well, folks, ole' Lorenzo's off to Edinborougugh-burg in Sc-c-c-cotland to do a few day's sketchin', so as this is the last post for this week, I thought I'd better make it a big one. So here, at a nice size for once, is the cover art for issue 9 of Malcolm Magic, before I cropped it all down and laid on the logo and stuff. Yikes! Ain't nothin' as exhilerating as a little Dragon sledging!!

More on Monday next week, friends!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:04 am

So, we've had a bit of Malcolm, time for more MOON! Here's another web flyer! Hooooo-boy! I'm gettin' excited!

More tomorrow!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:05 am

A little more One Night in the City today I think...

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:05 am

So, the MOON! wheels roll on, and I thought you guys may like to see a few of the smudgey character designs I've been sketching out. Today's is not a primary character, more a broad character feel experiment. Having not had to draw more than a couple of female characters in Malcolm during the entire run so far, it's looking like MOON!'s gonna be awash with "da ladies", as my man Strongbad might say. So, I'd better get scribbling!

Back on Friday, with something of an exciting exclusive!!! Yeah!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:07 am

So, it's Friday, and as such I'm feeling more than a little excited about a nice long weekend. However, a bank holiday here in the UK means I won't be posting on Monday. Fear not though, friends, as I'll instead be treating you all to TWO postings today! Here's the first, a page from Malcolm Magic issue 9. What? No words?! I hear you guys, and don't worry, you'll be getting a nice slab of my brother's "unique" dialogue with a 4-page MM09 sequence reeeeeal soon! Hoho! Stay tuned, folks, and try to figure out how the guys are gonna get out of this one! No, the dragon CAN'T fly, well, not during this scene anyway (he's got a cold)!

All the best!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:08 am

Okey-dokey! So, as promised, here's the last post of the week from me. A poster we did for the Bristol comics expo (held in two weeks time) here in bear old Bristol. We're good friends with Mike Allwood, the organisor of said show, and his boundless, amazing enthusiasm and energy for this show make it our favorite of the season each year. Anyone fancying coming to check out the show need just follow the link HERE and check out all the great stuff going on. And hey, if you come along, be sure to pop by the Blink Twice stand and say hey, chat about comics, or just check out our stuff!

So why does that bear look so ANGRY...?

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:09 am

Okay, so this week there's gonna be an exciting mixed bag of nuts coming at you guys, with brand spanking new images every day (as usual!). So sit back, relax, and I hope you enjoy the madness!

First up, some more MOON! environmental concept stuff, today in the form of a curious little floating plantation. As ever, there's tons of writing about these strange worlds and their eco-systems by my Brother, Bob, the series creator/writer/all-seeing-eye, but all that will be revealed in the pages of the comic. For now, just check out the scribbles!

More tomorrow, fellow monkeys!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Next

Return to Comic Relief