The First Step on a Path of Discovery

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

The First Step on a Path of Discovery

Postby Icegaze » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:15 am

Erix Del Rey stood atop the bluff on the outskirts on Neothule, gazing at the horizon. What could be out there? Who could be out there? One thing was for sure: he'd never know if he stayed in Neothule.

Sighing, he brushed his brown hair out of his eyes and checked to make sure he had packed everything he needed in his backpack, cargo pants, or jacket. Yes, it was all there: rations, camp necessities, and the somewhat long dagger his father, who had long since passed, had given him.

"Goodbye, Neothule," he said, climbing onto the back of Cataclysm, his pet terraraptor, a sort of enlarged velociraptor. Cataclysm let out a slight growl when Erix picked up the reigns.

"Don't fret, boy," Erix assured him. "There's nothing here for us in Neothule. But out there... there's everything."

---

Cataclysm had carried Erix far, but the sun was setting, and nobody wanted to be out in the open when the sun set. As darkness began to surround them, Erix came upon a small, primitive village surrounded by a fence of spears. At the gate, he was greated by two spear-wielding guards in native dress.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:00 pm

"Who goes there?!" the guards call out into the approaching twilight, rousing themselves and looking over the newcomer. "Who wishes entrance to the village of Reyton?"
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:55 pm

"Erix Del Rey," the adventurer replied. "I have come to learn of your village, of your people, and of your customs. Tell me: Why do take shelter behind a wall of spears?"
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:06 am

"Well tell me, why do you ask so many questions, eh?" the one guard turned to the other, rolling his eyes. "See what I told you about the inquisitive ones?"

The second guard just gave a disgusted look at the first, and then turned back to Erix. "We take shelter because of the same reason everyone does; protection from the wilderness, either in the form of wild beasts, or of brigands, men with wild hearts."
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:14 am

"Perhaps I can be of some service to you and your village," Erix replied grudgingly. "You don't seem to be the simple beings I once took you for. You actually appear quite intelligent. So, forgive my questions, but why do you still rely on spears as your weapons instead of firearms? And why is your village not a mechanized city?"
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Return to Training Grounds