Trapped

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Trapped

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:57 am

~OOC~ This is a continuation from THIS THREAD where Nyufrost and Wheok are trapped inside a burning building nearby where a party is going on at the Frost City Inn. Nyu and Wheok are both unconscious.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a thunderous jolt when the decorative post that had been in the center of the store burned through at its base and crashed down on the main counter. Nyufrost was laying on the floor behind the counter. There was a bloody tricorner gash on her forehead and the skin was already swelling and turning purple around it. She had hit her head on the corner of the counter when she had dived forward in an effort to prevent Wheok from striking a match to the kerosene he had sprinkled around the store.

The crashing timber caused her eyelids to flutter and her fingers twitched a little. To anyone looking at her, she might have been asleep and dreaming.

But, her mind was filled with anguish and terror. It was amazing how many thoughts she had in the brief moment she regained semi-conciousness before lapsing into a state of total blackness.

She thought of her cat and the great Oracle TerraFrost who occasionally appeared to her though the cat's eyes. She thought of the Frost Castle and how much she loved it there and wondered who would take care of the garden if she was not there.

But, mostly, she thought of Giga and was so sorry she had walked out of the party without talking to him. Her own silly pride had kept her away. Her last conscious thoughts, as she struggled to breathe in the oxygen-depleted room, were of him and she hoped very hard he would somehow know how sorry she was for being foolish and would forgive her.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Jan 27, 2003 3:15 am

Turrasque bursts in through the flames and looks around.

Turrasque- Well doesnt this look fun! Can I join in?

Turrasque then notices Nyu.

Turrasque- Hey you dont look so good. Infact you look a little over done. Hmmmmmm........... Looks like I am getting a real meal finally!

Turrasque sits back watching Nyu waiting until he decided she had been cooked sufficiantly.

OOC: I'm not planing on saving Nyu unless I no one else does I just want to have some fun. :D (which is the point)

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Gigafrost » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:12 am

Giga had wandered uber-drunk from the party. In fact, there was a good chance that less than 1% of his mind was actually working on a conscious level at the moment...and yet his mind was working at 1000% above the normal level...and thus the world was more like a swirling distortion in his dreams and he wandered zombie-like...

At first, he thought he was a moth and he walked towards the brightest light he saw...but then the heat made him realize that he had no wings...he couldn't be a moth! He must be a walking stick then. That bright light was too bright, though, so he pushed it out of the way...

Meanwhile, in the real world, Giga had walked up to the flaming shop and had absorbed energy from the fire, after which it calmed down significantly. Giga started walking inside and crashed into the door...

Back in the dream world, Giga noticed that the air in front of him was hard. Chuckling to himself he hit it really hard with a small aligator that was nearby. The gator nodded to him and waddled off with the hard air in its mouth. Giga walked forward. It felt nice here...like the cool ocean breeze. Giga wandered a little, bumping into more hard air and mumbling something, then finally he came upon a place he recognized...but he didn't know what it was!

Suddenly, he recognized his three favorite toys from his childhood...his really *early* childhood...but how had he left them here? Didn't matter. He needed to take them with him...

In the real world, Giga had wandered into the flaming building and found Turrasque, Nyufrost, and Wheok. He stood still for a little while, swaying and sweating.

Giga walked up to his toys and tried to pick them all up, but suprisingly he found them all to be heavier. Obviously, he must have shrunk so he willed himself into a giant and picked them up with ease...

Giga had actually used his mana to pick up Turrasque, Nyufrost, and Wheok, who all complained rather loudly. Giga even picked himself up...

Suddenly, Giga felt himself floating. It was fun. But wait! There was one more toy to bring! So he grabbed the air and his toy sword was there, glowing brightly. He laughed and suddenly everything around him was spinning...spinning...spinning!

In the real world, Giga indeed had his sword and it was glowing brightly, and with it's power the four people were caught in a small cyclone in the center of the building. An immense pressure was building in the center of the cyclone, though...energy from the fire gathering together...

Suddenly, Giga could hold onto his sword anymore, and he dropped it. A searing pain crossed his chest...oopsie. He must have dropped the sword in a bad way and made an owwie. But a big gush of wind blew him off, and he could no longer hold on to his other toys and they disappeared. Suddenly, Giga felt himself slow down and come to a stop...in a nice soft bed. And that's good too, he thought, because he was quite tired although he didn't know why. So he slept...

In the real world when Giga had dropped his sword it had fizzled the spell he was accidently creating, and with a small spark, the spell exploded in a giant whoosh of air in all directions. Most of Giga's mana rushed into this explosion, leaving him feeling empty and fueling the wind. Everything within the building was thrown off...Giga more-so because his mana was fueling it. Chairs and tables broke through the walls before Nyufrost and Wheok flew through them, while the powerful Turrasque made a gigantic hole by himself. Giga, on the other hand, was launched out of a window with more vertical momentum, flying high and finally landing on somebody's fence...being impaled in the process. Giga stirred for a bit before fainting unconscious.

He would survive, of course. It'd take more than a mere physical attack to kill Giga, but the attack was enough to knock him out...
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Jan 27, 2003 4:20 am

Turrasque got up and swayed back and forth his head was spinning (litlerally) Suddenly he brought himself back together and looked around.

Turrasque- Well it seems that the human has lost his mind. Now then back to dinner.

Turrasque walked up to the unconcious Nyu poking her to check for doneness.

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:32 am

A man wearing strange clothes walked through the streets of the Frost Jedi capital city, searching for a party he knew he was already hours late for. Dracofrost was still slightly hungover the drinking binge he had gone one several days ago.

"Uhhhh... stupid computer. 'Little to no tech signatures found' it said. 'Chance of long term stay low' it said. 'Estimate stay time to be under one week' it said. Of course I'm not gonna have an opprotunity to get drunk of I'm just planetside for a few days, but then I find all this intresting magic stuff and end up staying... so of course I didn't think I'd stay here long enough to need hangover pills on the lander... owwy..." mumbled the man to himself, clutching his stinging head.

As the man wandered the streets, he came upon two strange sights. One, to his right, on the other side of the road, was an exploded and burnt out looking building, still flaming. To his left, down a small alley, he saw a monstrous form crouched over a human body, looking rather hungry, prodding what seemed to be it's next meal. As he got closer, he recognized the beast, and also the dressed up and wounded Nyufrost.

"Hey, you there, aren't you that Omega fellow's pet? You, shoo! Go away! leave that poor women alone!" said the space man to the much larger draconian. Apperently, and thankfully so, the Turrasque seemed not intrested enough in it's meal to fight for it, however short and easy the fight may have been, and left with a shrug of it's shoulders.

Dracofrost walked up to Nyufrost, and finding her unconscious, stopped to think. After a few seconds, he got an "Aha!" look on his face and pulled out a rouch, greenish, metallic device, shaped like a slice of pie. He spread it out flat on the ground, and fliped it out so that it folded out to a full circle, about a meter in diameter. He picked up the hurt lady and set her down upon, and she vanished. He then stepped on the stepping disk himself, and vanished.

Aboard Dracofrost's lander, hidden in the hills surrounding the city...

With no forewarning, a wounded human suddenly appeared on the floor of the lower room of the "Scum Skipper", the Jinxian-made landing craft of the intersteller spaceship, the "Star Dragon". Just a suddenly, Dracofrost appeared standing above Nyufrost, precariously balanced on the small pad. He quickly hopped off to the side, and then knelt down, picking up Nyu in a fireman's carry. He walked over to what looked like a large, black, metal coffin propped up against the outward slanted curved wall.

He pressed a button on a light covered panel to the side, and the front swung downwards to the floor, revealing the insides, filled with all sorts of super minaturized robotic surgery and general medacine sub-robots. Draco Leaned over and stood Nyu up in it, strapping her in and pressing a different button on the panel. The front swung back up to close it off, but then a small window over Nyu's face went from opaque to transparent, allowing light in and out. Draco could watch as the coffin filled up with a liquid, and the mini-robots swarmed over Nyu's wound, while unseen nano-bots flooded into her body to moniter her every aspect of her health. Draco looked at a readout on a panel, and upon seeing that it would take about 30 minutes to treat all her wounds, walked over to a ladder and climbed up to the control section of the lander, and plopped himself down in the control couch to take a short nap while his guest healed.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:23 am

Thirty minutes elapsed and the door from the coffin-shaped chamber swung down. Nyufrost stepped out cautiously and looked around. She edged around back side of the black chamber and continued to look for signs of life.

"Hello?" she called out nervously.

She took a few more steps, circling completely around the chamber and noted she was seemingly alone in a large circular room. She was amazed by the technological equipment and did not know what most of the things were that she saw. She backed into a counter and almost knocked a delicate looking instrument on the floor. She gasped out loud and fumbled clumbsily with the instrument for a few moments before steadying it.

Nyu noticed she was still dressed in the midnight blue velvet evening dress she had worn to the party at the Inn. The last thing she could remember was trying to stop Wheok from starting a fire in his store. She wondered where he was now.

And she thought about Giga and wished he was there.

Nyu stepped away from the medical ward and began to explore the room. She found what seemed to be a large vending machine and suddenly realized she was very hungry. She boldly pressed a couple of buttons and nothing happened so she ignored her growling stomach and moved on to another part of the room, which contained some gym equipment. Nyu was not in the mood for exercise though and did not feel it would be a wise idea at any rate.

She looked up and noticed a ladder against one of the walls actually disappeared into a hole in the ceiling. She cautiously took a step up the ladder.

"Anyone home?" she called out.

She started to take another step and thought she heard some rustling from the floor above ... or was it something else. It sounded a little bit like snoring!

Nyu yelled a bit louder and the snoring stopped. There was a creaking noise and she backed hurriedly down the ladder but then the snoring resumed.

"Hmmm ..." Nyu thought to herself. "I'm not picking up any sense of danger here so onward I go."

She climbed the ladder and stepped out into the communication area where she saw Dracofrost passed out on the couch and snoring happily. She recognized him from an earlier meeting they had at the Frost City Inn. She was so happy to see him that she fell on her knees on the floor and hugged him. He did not seem to notice so she shook him and still nothing. She shook him and yelled at him with no results.

Then, she noticed he was wearing some sort of headset and she carefully removed it.

"Dracofrost!!!" she nearly yelled. "Can you hear me? Wake up! Wake up!!!"
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:27 pm

Turrasque was at that moment walking down the street when something occured to him. He didnt have to listen to a human or human apearing creature! And sense when was he a pet!!!

Turrasque- I must have been hit in the head harder than I thought! I'll show those mammals!

Turrasque rushed back to where he was and juped onto the transporter. When he apeared in the ship he looked around glee fully.

Turrasque- Well will you look at that I havent seen technology like this since... Well since this morning but thats beside the point! Anything that can make this thing might actually be sentient! Maybe I can finally be able to have an intelligent conversation with them!

Turrasque then walked towards a large sound he heard from the floor above.

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Feb 10, 2003 7:44 am

As the Turrasque was walking towards the ladder, a klaxxon sounded and the landing craft's speacker said "intruder alert! security system activated!" and suddenly something flew down from the ceiling and the turrasque felt.... discontinuity....

Meanwhile, upstairs, as the Scum Skipper's security system's activated, something droped from the ceiling and Nyufrost felt... discontinuity...; and a cover flew up over Dracofrost's command couch, similarly imprisoning him in the safety of stasis, as the ships system had the two other lifeforms aboard.

Once all life forms had been contained, the autopilot activated, and the camoflauge over the Scum Skipper retracted into slots in the hull, the hull sealed, and the reactionless drives activated, launching the craft rapidly into orbit, where they came upon the gigantic spacecraft, the Star Dragon, which uncloacked and opened a massive hatch in it's side that could easily allow entrance for something more than twice the size of the "Scum Skipper", and the Jinxian made landing craft drifted in, and was sealed down by landing clamps. Once it was locked in, the door closed, the Star Dragon recloaked, and automated machinery went into action, removing the stasis frozen life forms and taking them elsewhere within the confines of the massive intersteller craft.

Elsewhere, in a confinement bubble inflated off the side of the ship, with the hull sealed behind them...

Suddenly, Nyufrost, Dracofrost, and the Turrasque came too (well, not so much came to as just suddenly instead of being aboard a landing craft in normal gravity with klaxxon's sounding, were floating in null gravity inside a transparent bubble in orbit over the planet. If one were the look, e view would be truely breathtaking, as the plastic was very good at not stoping or distorting any light, and was thus very transparent and clear and non-reflective or glaring. In fact, it was just 30 seconds from dawn in the orbit that the Star Dragon was in, so they really were in for a breathtaking view.

OOC: Ok, so now everyone can react, and I guess I'll wait until the others do before I post how draco reacts to this (remember, this is his security system, so he's quite used to it and such things)
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:24 am

Nyufrost was alarmed to find herself floating in outerspace ... or so it seemed. She immediately panicked, assuming she would run out of oxygen and die at any moment.

She noticed the ugly Turrasque thing was there and was dismayed that could possibly be the last thing she saw before her death.

Then she noticed Dracofrost ...

"Where am I? What have you done? Where is Giga? Is he alive? What about Wheok? Are we dead? How much time has elapsed?" she spoke rapidly without pausing for a breath and she looked a bit angry. "I don't feel well and I want to go home NOW!"

With that, Nyufrost puked and it floated off in all directions.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:41 am

Turrasque seemed to lean back in the air seeming very comftorbale and happy.

Turrasque- Well this reminds me of a vacation I took once. But may I ask why we have to be contained in a bubble?

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:58 pm

"ACK!" responded Dracofrost to Nyu's barrage of questions.

The space man quickly oriented himself, and drew his reaction pistol, firing it to shoot out little jets of flame so as to propel himself. He quickly flew across the bubble to the connection point with the hull of his spacecraft, the "Star Dragon", and pressed a large button which didn't do anything obvious at first. Then it could be noticed that the floating barf, and the people and monster floating in the air, where beginning to move. Slowly (too slowly for Nyufrost) they fell towards the surface of the ship and were eventually standing on the now "bottom" of the bubble, over the hull of the ship itself, in full normal gravity, amid a spread out mess of barf.

"Ewww", said the spaceman as he tried not to step in the vomit while activating some more controls that popped out of a hole in the wall (now the floor). Suddenly the connection point became less shiny and the bubble changed shape, now becoming more of a dome with a wider floor. Finally, the airlock that was on the surface of the hull opened up, and immediatly some little cleaning robots came up out of it and began removing the mess, and brushing off everyone's feet where they had stepped in it.

"Really sorry about that, the security system programmer for my ships was paranoid... at the time I bought them i thought that'd be a good thing, too... Uh, just as soon as I get some stuff under control, we should be able to return home, all in normal gravity. And the rest, I don't really know right now, ok Nyu?"

Draco hopped down the hole that was the airlock, and in a rather disorienting looking fashion, flipped, because the internal gravity wasn't in the same direction as the gravity that had been generated on the surface.

Draco gestured to the other two and said, "You coming, or should I just go get a lander and come back here, pop the bubble, and try to catch you while you try not to pop like a balloon from explosive decompression?"
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Feb 12, 2003 8:58 pm

Nyufrost was embarrassed by her space sickness and apologized profusely.

She was still wearing the dirty and ruined dress she had worn to the New Year's Eve party and her hair was a ratty mess. The one thing she wanted more than anything else was to get back to the Frost Castle, get cleaned up and get some sleep.

"NO! Do not leave me here!" she spoke sharply. "I am most definitely coming with you so please lead the way!"

With that said, she hopped down through the same hole Dracofrost had disappeared into and hoped for the best.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:02 pm

Meen while turrasque could not get a strange ringing to stop. Suddenly a lightning bolt energy came up from earth and hit turrasque. But suddenly he wasnt Turrasque any more but OmegaFrost who looked around confused and followed the other two.

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Feb 13, 2003 8:05 pm

"Alright, better" said Dracofrost as he lead the two through corridors, as the airlock sealed behind them and the observation/containment bubble deflated. After a few hundred feet of walking along, they came to a disk on the ground that looked similar to the one that took them from the city to the spacecraft. Dracofrost took some odd looking tool out of his pocket and popped the top off, revealing very small and complicated circuitry and unidentified components. Dracofrost then used some very small toothpick like tool to mess around with some settings, and, when he was done he put the cover back on and sealed it, and promptly stepping onto it and vanish.

The two others followed him and were teleported to find themselves in a huge room with higher than cathedral ceilings, the walls and ceiling being made of an odd semi-translucent metal, and within it was the Scum Skipper and a wide array of other craft, including a ship much larger than seemed to have a hull made of glass and was shaped like half a tube, resting on the flattend underside.

"Which to return on, which to return on...." said Dracofrost, standing there looking from vessel to vessel.

"Can you just hurry up and get us back?" asking Nyufrost, with a bit of urgency in her voice.

"Alright, if we have to hurry, we'll have to take the 'Reqium', since it's always provisioned and ready", said Draco, leading them to the giant glass tube, and a ladder standing next to the one part in the hull that wasn't visibly glass; it seemed to be made of the same barely translucent material the walls ceiling and floor of this landing area were made from. As he approached, he pressed some buttons on the back of his arm, and a bulge in the middle of it retracted to the side while the rest of it dilated open.

They all crammed into the airlock, and once it cycled, they all went through into the interior of the craft, and Nyufrost followed Draco off to the cockpit, just anxious to get back down to earth, while Omega wandered off into the rest of the ship to examine the technology. Draco sat down behind a horse-shoe shaped bank of complicated controls that were labeled in a strange language that looked like a complicated series of scratchs.

Reaching above his head to press a button on a small device that was clipped to what looked like some sort of moveable visor, Draco gently began to raise the craft above the deck as the giant hatch on the side of the "Star Dragon" swung open. As soon as it was fully open, Draco accelerated out of the hatch and started heading straight at the planet. He pressed the button on the small black plastic device and the giant hatch swung shut behind them. They fell straight at the planet, but were coming down over a vast ocean not on any maps that Nyu had seen, so they veered off to the side, and were travelling very fast once they hit the atmosphere. Thanks to internal gravity the buffeting of this was zero, and the hull seemed to take it with ease (in fact, the internal temperature didn't even rise by a single degree). Finally, they came upon land land that Nyu could recognize, and headed from their to the Frost Jedi HQ, were they slowed down and came to a rest in the nearby hills, and the ship was immediatly covered in concealing camoflauge netting. Draco got out another stepping disk, and they all went across it, and were once again back in the city, where Draco picked up the disk there and deactivated it.

"Well, so much for that little side adventure." said Draco to the other two, then walked out of the alley and off down the streets.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Feb 15, 2003 1:07 am

Nyufrost was shaken by the entire adventure but was glad to be alive and healed and she mentally communicated her thanks to Dracofrost as he walked away.

She headed down the alley in the opposite direction and saw the burned out frame of Wheok's store. The windows were boarded up but she could hear the sounds of hammers and saws from within so she peeked thru a crack in the boards and saw the store was being remodeled. She heard a shriek of mad laughter and knew Wheok was alive and well. She was not in the mood to talk to him and moved on.

She looked down at her torn and dirty midnight blue velvet dress and ran her fingers thru her tangled hair. Just how long had she been out? Nyufrost saw a colorful flyer in the window of the Inn and crossed the road to read it.

Valentine's Day Party Tonight!

"My God!" Nyu gasped outloud. "I wore this dress for New Year's Eve! I've been out for a month and a half and Giga never even looked for me!"

A strong wave of sadness and depression washed over her and tears instantly welled in her eyes and spilled down her cheeks, cutting a path through the dirt and grime. She hastily wiped them away and they were replaced by new tears.

She was not sure how long she stood there crying. Nor did she notice when OmegaFrost came up behind her, dropped to his knees and asked her to the party. Nyu was sad that Giga would not be her date but was thankful to have one and quickly accepted Omega's invitation.

Then, she hurried off back to the Frost Castle to get cleaned up and rest some before the party.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to Training Grounds