Why not.

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Postby silversrose » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:19 am

OOC: *magnifique ^_^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
im hungry, got food anyone? *she follows the mage inside, thinking about the ninja mentioned earlier* by the way, that ninja, was it a boy or a girl? what did it look like? roughly how old? look like me? any others? a gang or something?
as i go, day by day
with a feeling ive lost my soul
and the love i could never have
i don't know what to do
im a shadow on the wall
and i dont think youll ever see
the pain you put me through
forever yours,
Rebound Girl
silversrose
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:31 am

Mr. Báleygr sighed, holding his head in his hands, before looking up, and walking through the gateway into the outer courtyard of the Frost Castle. He muttered something about really needing an agent, and then looked around at the various questioners.

"Probably some unique mixes and crossbreeds, not sure otherwise. Never encountered any diseases there; extraplanar travel. Time travels different in different times... no... I didn't want to leave," he said, taking a moment to catch his breath before turning to Bubbles now, "and as I said, the Guardians. Whenever you want; I'm not stopping you."

He then turned back, heading towards the higher inner wall, then turned to walk along the path around it, to head towards the inner gatehouse. He waited a moment before answering Kila; in the meanwhile, Magefrost floated up beside her, pointing her in the direction of the kitchens.

"Silent Dancer, she usually never showed her face, or much of anything. When she did, she looked rather lovely, youthful, human... but in Myst looks can be decieving. As anywhere," Mr. Báleygr rambled, before Kila could head off to the kitchens.
Last edited by Dracofrost on Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby ChatOmbre » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:40 pm

"Ninja? What ninja?" Rosa asked, still following along.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby silversrose » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:23 am

*shrugs and looks to the kitchens* wanna come with, rosa? it shouldnt take long
as i go, day by day
i don't know what to do
im a shadow on the wall
forever yours,
Rebound Girl
silversrose
Townfolk

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:14 am

No thanks, I already ate. ^_^
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:21 am

"Well, last I checked, she was a dead ninja. But that might have changed since I left; never can be sure of things like that in Myst," Mr. Báleygr said with a slight smirk. Shaking his head, he continued on, past the inner gatehouse, the portcullis of which simply raised of it's own accord before him. His eyes had frosted over when the portcullis rose, literally, crystalline ice formed over the surface of the cornea, but this quickly melted. He walked inwards, toward that place, the center of the Castle, of the City, of the Territory, the twin beating hearts of the Frost Jedi, Death and Rebirth. His pace slowed as he approached them reverently, head lowered, eyes on the ground.

Curious, Magefrost floated along beside Mr. Báleygr. Raising an eyebrow at his other self's behaviour, he looked back and forth between the strange alternate man and the Guardians, as if checking to see if the Guardians have changed or something. Not quite understanding what was going on, Magefrost just observed.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:27 am

((OOC: This is a bump, but I'm going to post as well. Come on people, this thread is still active...))

Mr. Báleygr knelt down in front of the Guardian Rebirth, a larger than life statue of an angel holding a massive sword, carved from a single gigantic crystal. This crystal wasn't just any crystal, but magicryst, pure raw magic in crystalline form, flawed with bits of lapis lazuli. The bluish crystal resonated with power, and anyone could feel that.

"It has been too long, and I have not thanked you yet for all you have done. I thank you now, Rebirth, and ask that you grant me one more favor," Mr. Báleygr said, looking up now at the statue. "Grant me a wholeness, as you and death are one, let me so be with my shadow again."

The eyes of the twin statues began to glow, Rebirth blue and Death red, Death's axe edge gleaming in the light. Both of the Guardians seemed to stare down at Mr. Báleygr, as if sizing him up.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby silversrose » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:36 pm

ooooohh, preetty *kila inches closer to the statues but froze when they began to glow* wtf? *she adopted a defensive pose*
as i go, day by day
i don't know what to do
im a shadow on the wall
forever yours,
Rebound Girl
silversrose
Townfolk

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:57 am

".... Very nice.... so does this mean our MageFrost will remember everything you've done, and you will...er....no longer.... 'exist'?"

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:12 am

"Yeah, what's this about a wholness and joining?" Magefrost asked, eyebrows raised in something. He wasn't quite sure what. However, he didn't particularly like the idea of becoming one with this... old guy.

"Oh, don't worry,"Mr. Báleygr said and just smiled, shaking his head and surpressing a laugh, "I wasn't talking about you. No, my shadow, my other self, not yours. I need that dark sorcerers power to pull through... to return home."

The man from another world was no longer smiling, again he faced the Guardians. Rebirth's blue eyes stared straight at Mr. Báleygr, into his soul, as did the red eyes of Death. Both Guardians waited, gazing upon this man, and beyond him into far distant realms. After a moment, they reached their decision, and spoke directly into the man's mind. Only echos and whispers, neither clear, leaked into the minds of those nearby. After some time, Mr. Báleygr simply nodded.

"Yah know, it's not nice being so mysterious. I'd like to know what I'm, er, you're doing," Magefrost said, sounding a little cross.

Mr. Báleygr just turned to look at Magefrost and smiled, chuckling lightly. He seemed quite amused by annoying himself.

Meanwhile, in orbit above the planet...

The massive black battleship loomed menacingly, the intimidating miles of it's length blotting out stars across the night sky as seen from below. The RSS Zhengsheng drifted silently and lightlessly through the void, passing close to the Menes, the glittering ring of rocks, ice, and dust about the planet. It was an impressive sight to say the least, if anyone had been paying attention. However, it had been on the wrong side of the planet until just a few minutes ago.

"This is a marvelous view; I really appreciate you taking me all this way," said an eventoned, unisex, and synthetic voice.

The voice came from a small metallic spider, a robot of unusual origins, and only the size of a human hand. Above it's abdomen was projected a small and heavily stylized holographic face, and the voice seemed to come from there. It stood upon a stone floor, in what would have seemed a mostly normal medieval guard tower had it not been grafted to the hull of a colossal intergalactic battleship. But it was, and that only made the whole thing seem a little...stranger.

"Oh, it was no trouble. Just a skip and a hop, they say." said another voice, this one female, alto, also artificial. It echoed from all around; it was the voice of the ship. "Besides, we're cousins in a weird sort of way. So what's family for?"

"I understand, and thank you. I believe this is my stop now," the little spidery bot said, it's metal legs quivering in a bit of simulated anxiety.

"All right. It's been nice seeing you; hopefully we will meet again."

"I hope so. Good bye."

The little bot crouched down, as a hulking android lumbered along. The android reached down and grabbed the small bundle of other robot, placing it within the padded confines of a small reentry capsule. The capsule was then simply thrown through the window, through the pressure curtain, and allowed to stabalize and retro burn on it's own.

Back on the planet...

"It's begining to get me when you do that," Magefrost said, talking about Mr. Báleygr's tendancy to just smile and laugh when questioned. "Would it be too much trouble to explain the whole thing that you're doing now?"

"Yes, it would be," Mr. Báleygr said, without hesitation. "and a bit of advice; get used to the voices."

A shooting star streaked by overhead, and Mr. Báleygr stood before Rebirth. He bowed, and then turned to face Death. Bowing again, the alternate being stood with a dramatic raising of his hands, and power began to flow through him and the Guardians. Raw mana swirled around them, focused to the point of emitting visible light to even those without the sight. Like a tornado of glowing, glistening, multicolored mist, it swirled around the Mage from Myst. He began to chant in a low voice, hands moving in strange symbolic patterns, and something began to happen. The fabric of reality began to tear...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby theprophet123 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:25 am

And so my friends I believe I will return home with Magefrost, it was a horrendous misunderstanding that I arrived in the first place, and it seems you would only put me in a mental asylum anyway, it was a pleasure.

Bubbles walks next to Mr. Balegyr, waving "so long" with his good arm to the people standing around

If you wouldn't mind...
theprophet123
Townfolk

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:22 am

"Hey, I'm not going anywhere with you," Magefrost said, sounding surprised. "What, you're just going to leave now? Wackos," he said, shaking his head.

"Stand back, Bubbles. We aren't leaving. Yet," Mr. Báleygr said, gesturing simply to raise up a barrier. This solid force wall held Bubbles back from approaching any closer, though it was easily transparent, only mildly blueish.

With some moments more of continued chanting and gesturings, he finally stopped, and suddenly a large jagged hole opened in the air in front of Mr. Báleygr, between the two Guardians. Lightning rippled and roiled around the edges of the hole, and then the way through could be seen clearly.

It led into the middle of some dank, dark, nightime swamp of dense and stagnant life and water. Standing in front of the jagged hole in realities, upon a muddy bank of boggy ground, was what appeared to be yet another person who looked just like Magefrost. However, this one had more in common with Mr. Báleygr in terms of aging and scars. He dressed in a black mud spattered robe lined in silver, and his eyes glowed not green, but amethyst purple, and something mildly malevolent seemed to be about him. The shadows cast at his feet seemed to twist and move as if they were alive, and a general darkness seemed to lie over all near him.

"What? Why are you here, with a fancy portal like that?" the dark and shadowy alternate asked of Mr. Báleygr.

"You and me aren't so different, Caligoare, and we have too long inhabited seperate bodies," Mr. Báleygr replied simply, with a smirk spreading across his face; his arms were still raised from the arcane gesturing of before. "And now we solve that little dilemma," he said, moving his hands as if pulling a rope taut.

The light glowing from the eyes of the Guardian's flared, and they spoke. "Now you two who are as the opposite sides of the same coin, be you know as one, darkness with light, evil with good, Death with Rebirth," they intoned in powerful voices, not aloud but spoken into the minds of all present. The final machinations of the full spell came into affect then, amplified greatly by the personal powers of the Guardians, and suddenly Mr. Báleygr and this other alternate Magefrost, Caligoare were lifted from the ground, flung through the air towards eachother. With a clap of thunder, they collided, but instead of being solid they almost seemed to liquify, flowing into eachother, and then suddenly there was just one.

Fragments of dark lightning and bright ice crackled around this new merged being as the tear in reality closed beneath him; he still remained floating in the air as the Guardians seemed to loose their interest and stop glowing. Turning his head from side to side, he looked around, then down at his hands, and finally rubbing his neck.

"Ow, what a headache," he muttered, as the magical energies around him dissipated and he slowly sank to the ground. The blueish barrier that had held Bubbles back vanished, and Mr. Caligoare Báleygr waved him over. "Now is when we can go home. Sorry, just had to deal with a little internal crisis," he said, smirking a little.

Now, if anybody had been paying attention to it, they might have noticed that the shooting star which had passed by overhead had slowed down, and in fact even changed direction. That is, if they weren't being distracted by the fancy melding display going on below. The small reentry capsule containing the mechanical spider came in to land in the Frost City, in the middle...
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:54 pm

Omega Looks over at the original MageFrost.

"You have serious personality issues...and too many copies..."
Says the man with two souls and more clones than he can count.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Neerowolf » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:53 pm

OOC: *Neerowolf dies of old age attempting to read the thread*

Edit: You do know the difference between OOC (out of character) and IC (in character), right?
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Cronosonic » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:32 am

From a nearby hiding spot, Cronosonic and Bass watched what was going on. However, Bass was noticing the shooting star above. He tugged on Cronosonic's shirt (CS is in his human form). "Not now, Bass..." Cronosonic said. Bass tugged some more, and he managed to get Cronosonic's attention. They both saw the reentry capsule float towards the middle of the city.

They looked at each other. "I reckon we should go investagate." Bass said. Cronosonic nodded, then they both started running to the middle of the city.
Cronosonic
Traveler

PreviousNext

Return to Training Grounds