The Hunt

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

The Hunt

Postby Icegaze » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:50 am

Icegaze was pacing in his room at the inn.

"It's been long weeks since the golem knights plagued our fair city," he said to Ex23, an android he had built during those weeks.

"I can't help but feel guilty," he continued, "I was sapped by the mana wall I had passed through in my search for Gigafrost. When I arrived at the battle, I had little energy. I feel I must contribute to the struggle, though."

"According to my archives, the being who sent the golem knights has yet to be found. Perhaps you should search for him," Ex23 said.

Icegaze immediately sat down and began writing a letter. Moments later, it read:

Dear Frost Jedi,
It has been long weeks since the golem knights attacked Frost City. Their creator has yet to be found. I fear a second coming of this threat. I plan on going on a journey to find the mastermind that built these machines, however, the warriors that fought in the battle have either left for Dereth or died in battle. I feel that I require a small army to hunt this menace. I plea for the following:

100 Members of the Frost Guard
25 Men/women specifying in tracking
3 Dragons

I also ask that Omegafrost genetically engineer a praying mantis to the size of horse and clone it so there is one for every member of my army including me, my android, and 20 extra in case of unexpected events.

Sincerely,
Icegaze

Icegaze then called for a messenger to deliver the message. After the messenger left for Frost Castle, Icegaze knlet and prayed.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:33 am

Hiryu approached

"Who are you and why do you pray?"

He looked at icegaze suspiciously, and icegaze barely even moved
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:48 am

Icegaze opened his eyes startled.

"I'm sorry.... I lost track of where I was." He said

Icegaze stood up

"I am Icegaze. I was praying that my message reach the Frosts and that they grant my request. I was also praying that storng warriors would come to my aid."

Icegaze offered a handshake
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Jan 24, 2004 3:33 pm

Hiryu stared at the open hand for a moment, then reluctantly shook it.

"I see you have turquoise skin. I will not question you, for I, too, am different."

He moved his hair out of the way, revealing a furry ear.

"Now tell me. Why do you ask audience with the Frost Jedi?"
Last edited by Neerowolf on Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:26 pm

"I ask that they give me a small army to hunt the being that sent the golem knights," Icegaze replied, "Now, it is getting late, I must retire."
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:43 am

OOC: I'm double posting. Sue me. But I gotta bump this thread, okay?

A reply never came to Icegaze. He would have to track down the being that sent the golem knights himself. Icegaze had walked lonely paths before, his life was lonely. Zora, Neerowolf and Umbro were his friends... his only friends.

Icegaze sent a messenger to find Hiryu and ask for his aid. He was about to send a telepathic message to Neerowolf, but Neero had gone to Dereth. Icegaze then started tracking down his enemy.

The scene of the battle in front of the city is where he began. It had never been cleaned. A broken sword here, pieces of lugian and golem knight there, bodies everywhere. The sight alone would cause a person nightmares. Tracks from the knights were vaguely visible. Icegaze picked up a piece of a golem and smelled it. They were from a distant land. The piece had a strong sulfur smell, even though it was weeks old. An area close to a volcano, that was where the factory was. Examination of the piece showed that it was solid rock. This rock was very strong. The piece was probably a foot wide, and seven inches high, and solid rock. The golem where probably enchanted pieces of rock. Icegaze pulled a saphire from his pack. This saphire had been enchanted to transport items into a void and back. He transported the rock into the void.

Icegaze then set out on his journey. He followed the tracks of the golem knights. His lonely journey had begun.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:47 pm

Hiryu was far far down the road, past icegaze's range of sight, walking on. He was determined to find the source of the golems. As he walked on, he passed some debris. 'Maybe they had a fight themselves' he thought. The terrain was rough, and there were many footprints to follow. He just walked on and on knowing he would find something eventually. But as he searched on, he thought his eyes were tricking him. The footprints stopped! He got very impatient. He searched the horizon, and then he sniffed the ground. Nothing.

And he was glad it was nothing. Being part wolf, he could smell things no one else could. Nothing was a sign that they were teleported. Knowing this was as far he could go at the moment, He sent up camp and built a lean-to against a tree and settled in. So, he thought, 'I'll pick up the pace tomorrow.'

He was thinking about the lanscape. There weren't very many on the continent, but he told himself that he would search them one by one.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:38 pm

Icegaze eventually reached the camp late at night. Not knowing who's it was, he pondered the decision on whether or not to pillage it. After deciding not to, Icegaze found a nearby rock and froze himself to it.

In his cryogenetic sleep that night, Icegaze had a dream. The images were odd and flashed before his eyes. First there was sparks, then golem knights were marching down mountains. Rao, Wolfie, Neerowolf, lugians, golem kinights. They all flashed before his eyes. The golem knights were smashing the gates of the Frost City wall. Fighting began. Swords, rock, blood, death. Then, everything stood still and two red eyes stared at him. The eyes stared for an eternity. A voice came through Icegaze's head.
"It's not over, I'm far from done. The city will fall in the second coming."

Icegaze's eyes snapped open and the ice around him shattered. A stone dragon stood before him. Icegaze leaped in the air, rebounding of parts of the dragon until he reached the shoulder. He swung his sword at the neck of the dragon but it bounced off. This rock was stronger than the rock used to crreate the original golem knights. The dragon turned it's head toward him and spewed out fire. Icegaze backflipped off of the shoulder and watched in melt under the heat of the fire. The arm fell to Icegaze's side as he rolled out of the way. He gazed into the dragon's eyes. It's body froze over. His sword then cut through and shattered the dragon. chunks of the rock fell by Icegaze and thawed. This golem knight was a new breed of foe. Bigger, stronger, more heavily armored, and it had the added power of fire. The elements were the only way to stop it.

Icegaze could not sleep the rest of that night. He took the arm of the golem and started chipping away at it with his sword. Eventually, he had a chiseled himself a sword made of the rock of the golem knights. He began sharpening the edge. He estimated he would finish around morning.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:22 am

*Bump*
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:33 am

*dead thread*
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Return to Training Grounds