Falling

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Falling

Postby ChatOmbre » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:41 pm

Looking around, Layanna uncurled herself. She had been falling for quite some time now and in the distance she could see towers....

The ground was far to close for her liking. Far to close. She didn't have time to tuck herself back into a ball to roll across the ground....THUD! Darkness surrounded her.
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:50 pm

a mysterious dark figure, neero was standing on a large rock pillar. He was wrapped in many rags, the wind tossed them around like a cat with a ball of yarn; lifeless and hanging. He sensed some unusual force.

He closed his eyes. Some unsual presence was in the air. He coud feel how cold it had become all of a sudden...

"Hello again, my friend..."

A dark shapeless matter emerged out of nowhere. Completely dark, barely visible against the cold night sky.

"A long time we have been seperated, no?"

It began to speak in a language incomprehensible to most beings; a foreign dialect much different from the common

"Many a year have we been apart. but it seems We are once again needed. I do not yet know the reason, but I doubt that we are needed to be heros once again."

A smile slowly appeared on Neero's face

"For what is a hero? A hero is only one who everyone depends on, looks up to, believing that they will be protected. A hero is a shallow term. why? By placing all your hope into a hero, you're not doing anything."

Neero gave out a long sigh. The shiftless matter seemed annoyed

"You may be right, but someone has to do something. Anyways, we have to do something right now. Even I don't know whats going on. Lets go meet Guiver, if anyone know lets go see him..."

The unknown matter slowly dispersed itself, and Neero literally disappeared into the shadows of the night.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:13 am

Just outside the stronghold a young girl lay unconsious, her long black hair thrown across her, covering the bruises on her pale skin. She must have fallen from a great height.
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:37 am

Neero appeared before the castle. He had a strange vision filled with jolting images and colors. He knew something was up.

He stood before the gate, eyes closed, runing his senses along the rough ground, searching for the source of his visions

The unknown one appeared.

"What is going on, my brother?"

Neero didn't move. He just searched the ground. Then he found what he was looking for

"go on, I won't be long. Just go see Guiver, I have something to attend to."

Neero wasn't suprised when Thanos said

"Okay, but hurry. Just make sure shes okay and come. I believe this mission is of dire importance...

and he disappeared. Neero turned and slowly walked over to the body. he looked up, then down, And he stepped back

"Whats this?! She shows signs of falling, but theres nowhere to have fallen from! The wounds are way too vast to have fallen from the walls, but then again, even that should have killed her! Shes still alive, though why, I cannot say. Either shes immortal, or somethings keeping her alive. I don't trust to leave her in the hands of one of the townsfolk, and theres likely to be little to no Frost Jedi to help her out. My mission coul be jeapordized if I carry her along, but then again, what harm could it do. Its much better than leaving her here..."

He looked over one last time...

"maybe I shouldn't. Maybe It would be better to leave her at an inn. NO! I have never been indecisive ever before, but why am I hesitant? There must be something about her thats causing this... I sense conflict inside her... I can't leave her with these fools, I'm taking her with me."

Lifting her up and swinging her over his shoulders, he vanishes into the night...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:45 am

She woke, feeling the pain searing throughout her entire body and something else. She was - being carried?! She slowly opened her eyes, where was she?
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:39 pm

Neero walked on, aware that she had awoken. She was struggling a bit, so he let her down.

"are you alright? That was no mere fall..."

She looked stupidly at him, and he knew she was mute.

"Well, I promised I would never do this, but I guess its an exception..."

His mind went blank for a second, and then he read her thoughts. He didn't see anything before the fall, but he was able to read her thoughts and communicate with her.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:56 pm

Sensing his presence in her head, she thought My name is Layanna. Who are you and where am I? Have you seen the dragon?
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:04 pm

"My name is neero. Right now we are in an alternate dimension of the one you uruptly fell into. It may seem quite strange, but thats only because you aren't used to the ways of other creatures and beings. A dragon you say? Do you mean the great dragon drazo? He is the only dragon I know for quite awhile, but there are many others. Please specify what this dragon is. "
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:13 pm

"I wouldn't know the dragon's name, just that it attacked my village. I fell into this time and place when I was trying to get him away, but I'm to tired to tell you the whole story right now."
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:51 pm

"alright, then sleep, save your words..."

Neero's eyes became the color of nothing and everything. layanna became dazed, then had a sweet sleep cast over her eyes. Neero's eyes turned green once again, and he slumped to the floor. He had been exausted. Although he had many suprising abilities, he found it hard to control them, and he didn't have the power to maintain them for very long periods of time. He rolled over on the soft earth and went to sleep as well; his rags covering over him like a mother's cradling arms...
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Fri Sep 19, 2003 4:53 pm

She woke much later feeling watched and remembering that they were still in an alternate dimension, perhaps not the best place to fall asleep. Looking around she didn't see Neero. "Neero? Where are you?", she thought.

She got up, seeing something move in the shadows.....
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Icegaze » Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:18 pm

Umbro was not only a shifty merchant, but a swift warrior. He had left his bag of merchandise at the inn and was now clad in a martial arts gi covered by a large hooded poncho. His footwear was a pair of flat soled shoes and under the poncho, strapped to his back was a large sword. He also had many tools on his belt. Umbro was not the shape in the darkness, he was standing behind Layanna, hood hiding his face. Layanna heard footsteps behind her as Umbro ran and scooped her up. He threw a grappling hook up to the battlements of the castle. Umbro then took a short rope and fastened Layanna to himself, then he ascended his rope to the top of the castle. On the parapet, he released her and placed her down. The hooded figure's breathing was heavy as he began to whisper in Layanna's ear.

"That...... that was Neerowolf........ do......... do not trust him. He is dark... a nightblade, the cross between a ninja, a scoundrel and a mage....... I know not of any dragons, save two...... Drazo, and Turrasque..... Turrasque is off now...... seraching for the Frost Lord....... Draco and Nyu are also away. However....... however many Frosts are here..... they will care for you. As for Drazo..... he is known to be unaware of his actions when he is in dragon form...... his human form is rather stable though.... I will place you in the infirmary here......"

Then Umbro scooped up Layanna and leapt from the battlements. However, he did not land on the ground, but on a hovering platform. The platform was about a foot in width and three in length. It had two fair sized thrusters at one end. Along the deck of it was the word Skysurfer. Umbro placed his foot on a pedal at the tail and it jetted toward the castle. At the last moment, the SKysurfer was flung upwards and jetted into the sky as Umro and Layanna crashed through a window. An alarm sounded as Umbro pickked the maiden up and rushed down a hall and turned into an infirmary. The patients were waking up as he placed the woman down on a bed and wispered "Good luck" into her ear and ran towards the window. He turned at the window and glanced at the guards rushing into the infirmary right before he leaped out of the buildings window. Then something shot up from the ground and into the sky.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:40 pm

She sighed, getting up and looking around. She wondered who that man was, and remembered that her thoughts might still be connected to Neero's. Footsteps echoed down the hall....
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:41 pm

Layanna took a peek out the door, but there was nothing there. The footsteps had stopped, and there was an unearthly silence. As she turned around, the infirmary was gone. It was void, null, there was nothing. She heard strange sounds everywhere, and she was beginning to be frighened. Spiraling into space, she heard a familiar voice

"how are you doing, layanna, my dear? It is I, neerowolf. Sorry if I startled you. I meant no harm, but we had to leave the dimension. Once you were found, you were beginning to mutate the world. Your presence in that dimension was already there, and the other you had been found and was on trial for your life, for killing a peasant. With the presence of you there, the world began to collapse by two layanna's in the same place. Do not worry, Umbro is alive, but just in different dimensions. You shall see him again once I find a dimension that you haven't shown up in. There are an infinite number of universes out there, but its just about playing with the right hand...."

Out of nowhere, he flicked his wrist and drew an odd colored gem out of nowhere. After quite a while of staring into it, neeros threw it to the right and up at a 70° angle, and closing his hand, shattered the gem instantly. The pieces of gem flew in every direction, flying into portal after portal, each closing as a gem hit it, rippling and destroying the door. When the shards were all gone, there was one portal. Grasping layanna's hand, he led her over to the portal and stopped before it.

"I'm sorry, but I have to visit someone. Please watch out for yourself and find Umbro if you have to. He may act like a fool sometimes, but hes the best human down there. Oh yes, and take this with you."

Handing her a short, golden dagger, he said

"Be careful. This dagger can cut through anything and everything, but It will break after it's third use. Now we must part ways"

Neero wandered off and faded in with the darkness, Layanna was alone.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Sat Sep 27, 2003 2:52 am

Layanna looked around, then knocked on the huge gate of The Frost Jedi Stronghold that stood before her....
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Next

Return to Training Grounds