Where is Giga?

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Where is Giga?

Postby Gigafrost » Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:53 am

Voices ... many many voices ... they began whispering, but soon they all seemed to be chatting and yelling. If you focused on any one voice, though, then you'd realize that each voice was actually many voices, speaking languages long dead. But one certain language began to become louder than the rest, but this one was recently dead. It sounded ... fresh ... somehow. Each word rolled from the emptyness beyond voices with a vicious slither of pain and hatred. The words themselves were capable of stinging the flesh of a man.

As this language grew louder the others began to shriek in pain, growing quieter and quieter, all except for one other. It began shrieking and grew quiet much faster than the others ... at least, at first it did. It then grew louder even faster than it had grown quiet, soon drowning out the evil harsh language that had been a language spoken only by the frost necromancers. The louder language continued to chant the same words over and over again, and this seemed like it's only defense against the evil. Only a few people had the gift to understand the language of the chanting voices, and yet they had all died many eons ago. But, he knew. He knew what those voices said. Somehow, he just knew ... that they told him to fight the darkness......

Suddenly, Giga bolted up. The dream ... it was that dream. The one he had when he received the curse. Why had it come up now, though? For that matter, when was now? He suddenly realized that he neither knew when he had fallen asleep nor where he was now. There wasn't enough light to see his surroundings, but he thought he could make out some huge chamber ... or perhaps that was an illusion. He tried to get up and he suddenly became dizzy, so he put his hand onto his head until it passed. At least, he thought he did, but he suddenly realized that he couldn't tell if there was a ground beneath him or even if he had put his hand to his head in the first place.

This distinctly reminded him of his 7,000 year imprisonment. It had been similar to this in many ways, except it had seemed dream-like, while this time the darkness around him seemed more real. There was only one way to find out, then. Giga stood up ... at least, be believed he was now standing. Raising his arm, he felt for it ... that special golden glow in his mind's eye ... the mana that coursed through almost everything. He sighed in relief when he found it to be all around him. That was good.

Throwing his hands up, Giga reached out for the golden light in his mind and drew it in, quickly filling himself to his capacity. He was suddenly aware of his surroundings more. He did find himself standing, but only because he was leaning against some sort of wall. The wall was rough, like a cavern wall, or maybe the wall of a very old and deteriorated building. It wasn't terribly obvious, though, so Giga looked around. The ceiling was way too high to see, and the ground was sort of rocky, but flat. This didn't help at all ... he could be in either a cave or a building and not know.

He took a few steps forward and clutched his head. There was something else wrong, and it took him a while to notice. He couldn't feel the Guardians in the back of his head, yet the link was still there. If the link was there and Giga couldn't feel the Guardians then it could only mean that he was in some sort of isolated mana island, or even in another world entirely.

At this realization, Giga sat down, noticing a shiny crystal object in the corner of his eye. It was his sword ... if it was with him here and hadn't already returned to his quarters at the Frost Jedi castle then he was definately isolated from the outside world in some way. He reached out and his sword returned to his hand and began to glow. He stroked its crystal surface, which was smooth despite the fine dust it had gathered while unpowered.

He lay back onto the dusty cavern. It was eerily quiet now after the dream with all the voices. A general feeling of lonelyness seemed to eminate from the darkness. The only real source of light came from the sword and an orb that Giga could only assume he had instinctively made when he had drawn in the mana. He lay there soaking in the lonely, eerie, darkness. He felt strangely at home like this, however he knew that he couldn't remain in the darkness. Something tugged at his mind, reminding him that he needed to do things in the world.

He decided he would do that, but after resting in that darkness for a while...

OOC: Just in case you don't know what I'm trying to do, I'm reassuring that Giga *is* alive and I'm preparing for when I'm ready to roleplay as him again... remember, he isn't just "found" yet...but when he begins finding his way out, i think that would be a good signal that he's ready to be found... ^_~
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:26 am

Nyufrost woke from a sound sleep and sat up suddenly in her bed. Her heart was racing and her breath was shallow and rapid as if from a nightmare. A thin bead of sweat had formed on her upper lip. She struggled to see in the shadowy darkness and, for a moment, was not sure where she was.

Little by little, her eyes adjusted to the silvery blue light from the moon that shone through the thick clouds and cast a pool of dim light on the floor opposite the arched window to the right of her bed.

Slowly, her breathing returned somewhat to normal and she dug into the hazy tunnels of her sleep-dulled mind trying to find the reason for her dread.

"Giga!!!" she gasped suddenly as her hand flew to her mouth and the dreams came flooding back into her mind. "Oh my God, he's alive!"

It had been six months since he had disappeared after rescuing her from a burning building at the start of the new year. Nyu had lived with feelings of guilt and hurt knowing that she might well be responsible for his demise. She was so immensely relieved to feel his presence in her mind that tears rolled freely down her cheeks as she closed her eyes to recall the dreamlike vision.

She saw as clearly as if she was standing there over him as he lay huddled on the cold dirty ground. His torn and filthy cloak was wrapped tightly around him and his sword lay on the ground beside him as if protecting him. His face was smudged with soot and dirt and his hair was matted and tangled. Her heart ached for him and she tried hard to make out the details of his surroundings.

It was not a place she recognized at all and she felt helpless and frustrated. It immediately occured to her that the one person who might be able to help was Dracofrost.

She sprang out of bed, mindless of her attire, and ran barefooted down the cold stone hallway to his room. She did not bother to knock but bolted in and up to his bed.

"Dracofrost!" she called in an urgent voice. "Giga lives! Wake up! You must help me!!!"

A holographic image of the spaceman rose from out of nowhere and appeared to float over the bed. Nyu was startled but not frightened.

"Hello! I am not here right now! Please use the paging device located on the table beside the bed to reach me. Press 1 if this is an urgent matter. Thank you and have a pleasant day!"

Nyu grabbed the pager and pressed 1. Dracofrost answered immediately.

"Giga is alive! I have seen it in my mind!"

Draco was silent for the longest time.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:58 am

"Huh, what was that?" said Draco, as he was awaken from a doze.

"Oh, ummm, sorry, I was taking a nap. What were you saying?" said Draco as he sat up, coming into view of the holographic camera on his end, projecting an image in miniature from the small pager device.

"Giga is alive!" Nyufrost said again, now with a somewhat exasperated tone to her voice.

"Oh, well that's great and, ummm... Oh, wait, he's alive? WOO HOO!" said the spaceman, obviously still in the process of waking up.

"Yes, I have seen him in a vision; he is alive" said Nyu again, letting it sink into the still waking mind of Draco.

"Well, thank goodness. At least I haven't been sitting up here these last few months for nothing then." said the spacer, who looked rather bedraggled and unshaven, despite the ease with which he could amend that aboard his ship; he had obviously been sleeping at the control panel, just sitting there for several days.

"That's good. I know he is alive, but I still do not know where he is. Do you by now?"

"I've finally gotten around to some promising indications in my deep-radar scanning, and have narrowed down some locations where he might be." said the spacer, who proceeded to yawn quite loudly.

"Well then, let us go at once to the most promising one!" sai Nyu, who seemed quite urgent on it.

"Yeah, sure, okay... umm, maybe you should change first though..." said the spaceman, who then seemed to look intently at his control panel, below the view of the holo-cam.

"Oh, yes, perhaps I should," said Nyu, realizing that she was still in her night gown.

"Well, I'll send down a small lander and put it down in the castle courtyard, and you should have time to change and get ready while it comes down. Then that'll take you to the spot where I think he is, and I'll go there myself. You got any problems with that plan?" asked the spacer, who pressed the sequence of buttons to send the single-person lander on an automatic program to carry out what he had said.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:23 am

"Not at all," Nyu answered. "I am so excited! I hope we will find him at long last!"

She did not need to be reminded to go get ready and hurriedly pattered back to her room thinking about how joyous it would be to have Giga back in the Castle even if it would be a long time before he could recuperate from his horrid ordeal.

Nyu lit a lamp and gathered her clothes. She sat in the chair beside her bed and pulled on a pair of thin white socks and then a pair of thick warm wool socks then donned a pair of khakis and sat back down to lace up her boots. She threw her nightgown off over her head and slipped into a white shirt which she covered with an unattractive, but utilitarian, multipocked vest. She slipped a brown woven poncho over her head then scooped her hair back into a ponytail.

She placed her ruby bladed dagger into a sheath on her boot and threw a sweater and a few apples, from a bowl on the table beneath her window, into her backpack.

She took a last look around the room, blew out the lamp and left her room. She jogged down the hall and the main stairs. The lander had not yet arrived in the courtyard so she raced down another flight of stairs to the infirmary and took one of OmegaFrost's prepacked first aid kits should they need it for anything.

A whirring noise outside alerted her to the fact the lander had arrived and she took the stairs two at a time on the way back up. She collected her backpack from the table in the hallway and exited the Castle from a side door in the kitchen.

The lander sat in the center of the courtyard and a hatch lowered as Nyu ran toward it.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:05 am

The hatch raised behind Nyu, and she sat down in the one chair of the small spherical craft, which wasn't much more than just a seat with a shell around it and the hatch in front.

Nyu was somewhat startled when the hatch became transparent and she saw through the window-like opening that she was flying along at very high speed over the ground, though she had felt no movement. However, she thought, such was probably to be expected of the spaceman's odd devices.

After what felt like hours, but was actually only about thirty minutes (anticipation can do weird things to one's sense of time) the single-person lander slowed and came to a halt, slowly floating down altitude until it hovered a foot above the ground, and the hatch opaqued and opened.

As Nyu stepped out and took her backpack from within, the hatch closed swiftly and the now very smooth bronze-like metal sphere shot up like a meteor.

As she looked around, Nyu saw that she was close to a large, squat, mirror-surfaced cone, which she recognized the be Draco's lander. Before she could do anything, the bottom hatch opened and Draco jumped down, quite covered in various odd looking and inexplicable pieces of equipment.

"Hello there! Ready to start looking?" said Dracofrost, rather cheerily.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:20 am

"Indeed," Nyu answered at once.

She donned her backpack, which had the first aid kit and a canteen attached, and felt rather unequipped by comparison to the spaceman who looked like he had brought along at least one of every gadget he had.

She squinted into the darkness and studied the terrain by the moonlight. Clouds were thick overhead and an eerie ground mist swirled at their feet. In the distance, lay a range of reddish purple mountains that could possibly contain old mines and caves. The path was lined with twisted and gnarled petrified carcasses of trees long dead. A few shacks littered the open spaces between the trees. They had long since been abandonned.

The place seemed vaguely familiar and Nyu shuddered.

"Have you any idea which direction we should head?" she asked Draco.

He extracted a device that looked like some sort of computerized scanner and began slowly turning in all directions as if trying to get a reading. Nyu bit her lip and studied the spaceman with growing unease.

"Well?" she was a bit impatient.

"Hmmm," he said at length. "Nothing! I could have sworn we would find something here!"

Nyu sighed. She closed her eyes and tried to reach out to Giga with her mind and was dismayed that there was not even a trace of the feeling she had experienced so strongly just an hour or so earlier.

"What shall we do?" she asked Draco and studied as his face as he thought in silence for some time before answering.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:39 am

"Hmmmm...." said Draco to himself, said Draco. "I think that we should sit over there on a rock and wait for him to transmit some more thoughts."

"But in my vision, he was huddled on the floor under his cloak. He's probably asleep." said Nyu.

"Oh.... Well, umm, I guess we can just sit and wait for you to have another vision, yes. That sounds good." said the spacer, somewhat distractedly, as if something were puzzling him. He then walked over to a boulder, unhooked a large double tubed device with what looked to be some sort of molten crossbow handle at the end, pointed it at the rock, and then suddenly with a crack like thunder and a great cloud of static charged dust, he had carved a smooth seat out of it. After the dust cleared, he sat down and began fiddling and fidgeting with varios gizmos, gadgets, and devices.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Gigafrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:49 pm

OOC~ I was going to have Giga do something but it might not even reveal where he is. Ah well. I'm not feeling in the mood now.
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby OmegaFrost » Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:52 pm

Mean while deep in the subconciuos of Omega the dragon known as Turrasque sat brooding over this strange ape ruled world he was living in when suddenly he seemed to freeze up and was aware of Giga...... that he was alive.... and that the two humans who he had met when Giga disapeared where looking for him......

Up in his box seat at the tournement Omega transformed into the half human form of Turrasque. Knowing that the tournement could run with out Omega, Turrasque flew off in the Direction of the two humans moving at aproximatley Warp 10.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Jun 15, 2003 11:25 am

OOC ~~ It's okay, Giga. If you noticed, Draco and I worded all of our posts so that you could either reply in character and we could continue to look for you or you could reply OOC and tell us you weren't ready to be found and we could write it off as a false alarm and leave and the story would still be there for whenever you did feel like replying. :)
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jun 27, 2003 10:14 pm

A shadow lurked up behind Draco's seat. A sword shot out of the darkness and found it's place at Draco's throat.

"Don't move!" A voice said, "I can help you. You seek a Frost Jedi. Gigafrost. A pair of adventurers at the Frost City Inn told me of his disappearence. I saw visions in the mist that told me of your journey. The visions appeared often. They told me where Gigafrost is! Follow me!"

The figure moved through the night, leading them away from their camp.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Jun 27, 2003 11:11 pm

Icegaze passed Neerowolf to the right. He hadn't seen him. The reason was that Neerowolf didn't want him to.

"yes, it's all going the way its supposed to…But they aren't prepared for the task they'll have to face." he mutters under his breath. He notices the others coming. "heh" He quietly slips off

Nyufrost: "did you feel something?"
Dracofrost: "like what?"
Nyufrost: "it was probably a breeze"
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:17 am

Icegaze forms a long, spear-like icicle in his hand. He noticed the shadowy figure. Suddenly, Icegaze turns and hurls the spear at the figure.

"Stalker," he muttered and continued walking.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:38 am

backflips onto the spear, bringing it to the ground. He runs up to Icegaze, flips over him, grabs his hands, swings between Icegaze's legs, swings up and lands on Icegaze's back, then runs away into the shadows
[/i]
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:42 am

Icegaze sees the attacker and dodges to the side as the attacker misses and runs into the darkness.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Next

Return to Training Grounds