Mysterious Villian

Free-form roleplaying involving the Frost Jedi and their world.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Mysterious Villian

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:54 am

Twas' the eve 'pon a night most dark and stormy, as it was a new moon, with many thick and heavy cloud to cover out the light of the stars. The howling wind chased round everything, leaving an eerie moan most disturbing to the psyche. Though there was no lightning, the massive downpour of rain was as loud as thunder itself.

In this dark night, there was a place most dark, a high tower set upon the top of a moutain, that of old spewed forth fire and brimstone, but now lay as a slumbering, but fiery giant. This tower was most tall and sharp, made entirely of on tremendous obsidian, crafted in a fashion not to be comprehended by sane minds. Deep below the tower, far below the surface, scurrying through the labarynthine and winding tunnels like some sort of rodent, a messenger went. He went through the tunnels like a tunnel rat, and scampered and scurried up ramp and ladder and stair, going from many hundreds of feet below ground to the surface, at the base of the tower, and from there, kept going up. And up and up and up, further up even than it had gone before it climbed within the obsidian walls. Hundreds of feet into the air it arose, 'till it reached the very top room, a throne room, with tremendous stained glass windows all about, no true walls at all; only pillars holding up the roof and seperating the windows.

"My master, I bring news!" exclaimed the rodent-like messanger.

"Speak" said a voice most imperious and commanding, a great force resonating through it.

"My master, the first phase of your plan is completed! They are ready, sir!" sqeuled the messanger with glee.

"Yesss... leave me!" commanded the voice unknown.

"Yes, master!" said the messanger as it scampered away, suddenly letting forth a great squek and squel as it began to fall all the way down the spiral staircase, all the way down the tower. It would probably die from such a fall, but the creature's "master" seemed to care little.

"Yesss... heh heh heh.... so far all goes according to plan... They are ready, and soon these gears in my vision will begin to turn, yess... and my vision will come to life! MWAHAHA!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" announced the voice to no one, the voice's owner still hidden behind a high backed throne, carved from a single black onyx. Lightning flashed, and a silhouete was outlined in the flash, of a cackling madman, and then the thunder roared.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:17 pm

"Zreimous! Activate it!" commanded a gravelly voice.

Zreimous, a hunch backed midget that grinned with a distasteful zeal, stepped upon the pad, hoping up and down. Finally, it depressed, as if a giant button set in the smooth volcanic rock floor of the dungeon complex. As it sunk into the ground below, a great noise and clatter filled the caves beneath that dark obsidian tower set upon an ancient volcano.

Down at the bottom of the cliffs, at the base of the volcano, great iron plates, set into the cliff face, began to raise, with a noise of clanking, of chains where each link being larger than a standing man.

Through this great gaping maw in the cliffs at the base of the mountain, there strode huge iron things. These things were many, and of many different and horrific shapes. Some were as knights in armor, standing ten feet tall. Others were as the scurrying hands or claws of giants or dragons. A few, spurting flames and sparks from their aft, and making a whistling noise as the piercing scream of eagles about to strike, flew into the sky on polished wings of brass. Many of these made and mechanical beasts and men emerged.

They arranged themselves in a fashion that could not be discerned by men of normal mind, but however they came to their arrangement, arrange themselves they did. In a massive formation they formed, perhaps some odd variant of the columns adopted by orcish hordes on the march, perhaps not. However, this formation of iron and stone and glowing orbs and flaming tails and brass wings, forward it moved.

Across the wasted volcanic plains and desert this army marched. If any person where there to see this horde, they might note that if the horde continued going in the direction it marched, straight as the arrow flies, they would eventually reach the walls of the frost city....
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Icegaze » Mon Nov 03, 2003 2:34 am

Icegaze's cold eyes snapped open. He had fallen asleep when he passed through the mana wall into a cavern. He was looking for Giga, but this dream had awakened him. Was it a dream or a premenition? It was not a dream, it was far too real. A thought entered Icegaze's head. Should I save Giga, a creature I've never met who supposedly has great powers and could probably smight this approaching foe? Or shall I save the live's of the Frost City? .............. My home............ A pillar of ice enveloped the warriors body. Then, it shattered and he was gone.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Rao » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:14 pm

Rao hurried to the Frost city as the doors opened and the guards greeted him. He stopped." Gather every man able for war, get them weapon and armor, an army marches this way!" Rao shouted. He rode to the main hall to see the officers of the city.

OOC~I dont know who it is, but sumone get Rao there, and i will do the talking. Thanx
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:21 am

With a crack of thunder and flash of lightning, a robed blue figure appeared standing before Rao.

"Who are you, that bring news of an army? What evidence have you of this threat?" he asked, in a commanding tone.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rao » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:38 am

"Come with me." Rao said. The two then walked, leaving the city in the distance. They walked for quite sometime, niether saying anything at all. Not even looking, an hour passed and they came over a hill that looked down on a plain as far as the eye could see.

"Heres my evidence." Rao said. They both looked over the plain to see a large black mass moving their way. "That army is 3 days away from our city, what do you plan to do about this? Rao asked.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:50 am

"Oh dear..." said Magefrost, looking at the approaching black mass.

"Wait... look how slow they move. It would take them a week to reach the city. Still, that is little time. Ugh, and while lord giga is still away," he said, turning back to the frost jedi city.

"We'll head back quicker," [i]he said, raising his staff and opening a jagged hole in the air before them.

"That leads back to the inner castle; we will gather and plan from there," [i]Mage said, stepping into the hole in the air and vanishing.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rao » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:48 am

As they entered the city, Rao immdeiatly began his plans for making his well known bombs. "Mage, do we have any type of gun power? If they are machines, explosions are very bad for them. Also, cannons, do we have cannons?" Rao asked. "I'm not sure what we have, I must check." Magefrost replied. HE was gone then.

Kitcho came entered the room. "Remember the lugian villiage we visited last month" Rao asked. "Yes" Kitcho nodded. "Pay them a visit, they owe us one, let Rauko know that he need come full strength for war. Be quick, for the journey is a week, and it will take you time to assemble the force." Rao said quickly, hurrying Kitcho out the door and onto horseback.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:11 pm

Mage returned at a run.

"We have no reserves of gunpowder here in the city. If we are to use any, you will have to make it," he said to Rao. "And to produce any decent amount, you would have to teach others to make it. I have gathered the reserve of the frost guards," he said, gesturing to a group of men forming up behind him, "all of them need proper training for garrisoning, and perhaps some of them can help in weapons crafting."
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby valkoran » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:11 pm

this place is kool

Valkoran, please refrain from spamming here in the Training Grounds. Save your random comments for the tower of babble, where such things belong. If you wish to participate here, post a character bio and post in character. Or make an out of character thread relating to events going on in the Training Grounds, but more specific than just "this is cool". Thank you.
emmisary of the pointy shiny
Born with wings of light and a sword of faith this heavenly incarnation embodies both fury and purity.
valkoran
Recruit

Postby Rao » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:23 am

Rao took the men, and heading out to the forests. "Cut down the tallest, most narrow trees you can find. Lay them out, 10 on the bottom, then lay nine on top, eight on top of the nine, and so on. Dont ask questions, do it. I will go back to the city, where i will gather rope and hopefully come across two axels and wheels. When i return in a few hours. This task should be done. Work quickly my friends, for time is against us." Rao ordered. The men immediate began hacking away with their axes. The first tree fell as Rao headed back to the city.

Rao was back atthe city shortly, he headed to the armours,, no luck with the wheels. Then, as he walked out towards the street, he say a carrige go by. He ran up to it, after words with the driver, he had 4 wheels and 2 axels. He carried them to the armours. " I need you to make metal shields, the size of these tires, Measure these wheels, and begin working. I need them by tomorrow, I will return in 1 hour for the wheels." Rao said. He pitched the armorera sac of gold, he nodded.

Rao then went to a few taverns, no luck with any rope.

Where could I go? he thought. Maybe Mage would know.

He found Mage in his quarters while talking to a few of the guards.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:47 am

"Rope? Sure, we've got rope," said Magefrost, leading row to a cellar, where large coils of rope were stored in barrels.

"Well, I hope that's enough. What are you using it for?" the wizard asked inquisitively.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Rao » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:48 am

" I cant tell you all of my tricks. But i need to ask, Why do you allow me to defend this city, undefied?" Rao asked.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:53 am

After Rao entered MageFrost's room a shining beam of light shot inthrought the window. Where the beam hit a floating green head appeared.
"Greetings I am Diode, a creation of OmegaFrosts, I have become aware of the dangers approaching the city, I have also become aware of you need for gunpowder. Omega's lab does not stock gun powder but I am willing to allow you to borow some specimens that woiuld be able to create the proper ingrediants to make it. Are you interested?"

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:56 am

"You seem to be helping, and any help is welcome. If that changes though, well, I wouldn't want to be you," Magefrost said, "and if we knew what you were doing, it'd be easier to trust you. So, I'd like to know what you're going to do with the rope, since I'll see it eventually when that army reachs here anyways."
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Next

Return to Training Grounds