Revival Party

Visit the Village Shops and Inn. Come in-character and have a meal or get into a drunken brawl.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Revival Party

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:18 pm

Magefrost, carrying his enchanted staff in one hand, strolled down the street into the Market burough of the Frost City. It had really been rather quiet here for some time, what with the sea storms hitting most of the nearby ports. Matters weren't helped any more by the fact that the city had been in a bit of a recession lately, too. At last Magefrost came to the right place; turning from the street he entered the Inn.

Barely at all was it used anymore; there were actually cobwebs hanging in some of the corner booths. Sighing and gesturing with his free hand, Magefrost cleared them all away, also lighting the hanging lanterns, and at last ringing the service bell. After waiting more than a minute, he rang it again, this time loud enough to awaken the tender of the bar.

"Bartender. I trust you know who I am. I want you to call in all of your workers and clean the bar and the Inn up, as I am going to be throwing a party of sorts. For the revival of the economy... to get things going, if you will."

"Oh, yeah, you sir. Right, okay... ummm," the bartender said, looking up at the Frost somewhat apprehensively.

"Don't worry, you will be paid well enough for these arrangements," Magefrost said, invoking a minor rune to summon forth a not insubstantial bag of ice cubes from his account. For a moment Magefrost smiled; he rather liked that option the bankers had added for their wizardly clients, as it really quit simplfied monetary matters.

"Right then... CLARA!!" the bartender and part time owner of the tavern yelled, running into the back. He wouldn't return for some time, though there would be many busy sounds from back there.

Meanwhile, Magefrost chose to sit, taking a seat on the stool and waving at passersby outside. He saw a few students he recognized from Frost University, and a few of the cities GuardMages, but few others else that he recognized.

((I'm just trying to sortof revive this forum; anyone and everyone available for even the smallest and most infrequent of posting is welcome to come and join in. Cronosonic, this is where Magefrost talked about as a more suitable place for long discussions.))
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Cronosonic » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:55 am

Cronosonic and Bass walked towards Magefrost, CS had his hands in his pockets. "So, this is the 'more suitable place' for long discussions?" CS asked Magefrost.
Cronosonic
Traveler

Postby Dracofrost » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:42 am

"Yes, yes it is," the Mage stated, nodding to Cronosonic and Bass, "and would either of you like a drink? Everything's on the house, government tab. Now, what was it you wished to talk about? The Ancients, you said?"

As soon as he finished talking, the busty young barmaid, Clara apparently, went rushing by, out to the street and yelling up to one of the windows overhead. Apparently they were gathering the other workers to the bar as quickly as they could, in hopes that it would soon fill up.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Cronosonic » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:30 am

Cronosonic nodded. "Yes, the Ancients. You said something about studying them in a past life."
Cronosonic
Traveler

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:37 am

"Sure, sure," the Mage said with an agreeable nod, as with a gesture and a slight wave of his staff he called over a bottle of wine and a glass. "I examined a few old abandoned worlds of theirs. Fascinating technology base, and some pretty interesting philosophies too, at least what I could glean from the few preserved and decipherable books and computers. It's been a long time, so I've forgotten most of the details, unfortunately. Would either of you like some wine?"

Taking a break in his little speech, he popped the cork with a little fire magic in the bottle, and grinned as he poured himself a glass.

"Or would you two preffer something stronger, perhaps?"
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Cronosonic » Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:58 am

Cronosonic nodded. Bass shook his head. "Sorry, I'm a robot. I don't drink." Cronosonic smiled. "Anyway, I do have a lot of stuff relating to the Ancients. artifacts, notes, you name it. I spend a lot of time studying them. I've even spent my time studying the concept of acension, which is rising to a higher plane of existance, as you might have found out."
Cronosonic
Traveler

Return to The Marketplace