Wheok's Salon & Boutique

Visit the Village Shops and Inn. Come in-character and have a meal or get into a drunken brawl.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Wheok's Salon & Boutique

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Dec 21, 2002 7:09 am

Wheok stood on the sidewalk in front of his new shop and eyed the window display critically. He cocked his head from one side to the other as he drummed on his chin with his fingers.

Finally, he threw his hands in the air causing the frilly French lace cuffs on his silk blouson to flutter in the breeze.

"No! No! No!" he clucked as he re-entered the store and hopped into the window. "This needs to be over to the right a little and this just needs to drape a bit more casually...."

Wheok talked to himself as he fussed over some minor details in his already-stunning window display. People had always told him he had a flair for decorating and designing but he was never quite satisfied until every tiny detail was perfect.

As a common villager, he had never thought it would be possible to open his own shop but his luck had changed recently.

~~Lord Gigafrost had granted the money for the shop to show his appreciation for Wheok's valiant efforts in helping to squelch a zombie invasion at the Frost Castle awhile back. Wheok had grabbed Lord Gigafrost and kissed him on the cheek before the started noble could even react, then he cartwheeled around the courtyard a few times. He had stopped in front of Lord Gigafrost and bowed so deeply his hair fanned the ground. In a rare moment of seriousness, Wheok had humbly thanked Lord Gigafrost for his graciousness and promised to be successful.~~

Wheok hopped down out of the window and looked at the clock.

"Ooh ... time to open!" he tittered. "I do hope business is good."

He took a last look around. There were racks of both everyday and elegant clothes for ladies and gentlemen as well as a shelf of wigs, hats and other finery. In the very back corner, semi-shielded by a screen, was a single barber's chair and sink. Wheok couldn't decide whether to open a hair salon or a boutique so he chose to try both. It was a bit bizarre to find a barber's chair in a store but then Wheok was not quite sane.

He threw open the front door, skipped outside and whirled around a few times while laughing loudly.

"Here's Wheeeeeeeok!" he shrilled.

A small crowd had gathered waiting for the shop to open. Nadia, the town mayor, was on hand for the Grand Opening. She cut the blue ribbon, smashed a bottle of champagne on the front of the building and proclaimed it officially open.

A man known to Wheok from the Frost Castle was also present and, as he entered the store, Wheok sprang out at him.

"Greetings! Welcome to my Boutique and Salon! New scarf? Watch chain? Hair cut? SHAVE?" Wheok's eyes went wide and he burst out laughing as he brandished a straightedge razor then skipped away to greet some other customers.
Last edited by Nyufrost on Mon May 05, 2003 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:50 am

A heavily hung over and rather scruffy and rough looking Dracfrost stumbles in from the street into Wheok's shop. Wheoks bounces up to him shouting "Oh goody, a customery!"

"I just want a shave, please", says the traveler, who looks to be in need of one. Dracofrost stumbles over to the barber chair and flops down into it, barely awake, with red eyes and a large headache.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:07 am

It had been DAYS since Wheok had seen a customer and he was overjoyed.

He had been contemplating killing random townfolk to attract business but had been talked out of it by one of the Frosts.

"Oh yes, you need a shave alright!" Wheok let out a belt of laughter and gave the barber's chair a hard kick that sent it spinning around several times.

Dracofrost was on his third revolution when he began to heave and Wheok thought the hungover man might puke.

"AhAhAh" Wheok scolded, wagging his finger in Dracofrost's face. "There will be none of that here!"

Dracofrost eyed Wheok speculatively and wondered if he was sane and competent. Wheok winked at him and tossed a steaming hot washcloth on Draco's face. He leaped forward and pressed it into Draco's skin and the scruffy star traveller struggled with the shopkeeper, thinking he was trying to kill him.

"Oh relax, will you?" Wheok rolled his eyes. "This is how I soften up your beard so it will be easier for me to shave off without cutting your throat!!!"

He let out a rich peal of laughter and used a brush to slather some shaving cream on Draco's face. He hummed happily as he added more and more foamy lather. He set the bowl and brush aside and whipped out a gleaming straight edge razor and held it up so it gleamed in the light.

"Excellent," he grinned and lowered the razor in a wide sweeping motion.

Dracofrost looked terrified, gritted his teeth and clutched the arms of the chair. Wheok laughed merrily and whisked the razor back and forth expertly until all the shaving cream was gone and Dracofrost's face looked as smooth as a young boy's.

As a finishing touch, Wheok grabbed some after shave lotion and slapped it on Draco's cheeks.

"There you are, all set!" Wheok winked.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:12 am

Dracofrost looked at his shave in the mirror.

"Huh, I'm alive", he commented, probably less in reference to the quality of his shave as to the manner in which it was given. "Well, thanks, and uh, here", says dracofrost as he hands over some money, and walks out of the store, nervously glancing behind him at the gleeful madman with a razor.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:23 am

Wheok bowed and thanked Dracofrost then he grabbed the money and ran to the cash register. He did a backflip over the counter and kicked up his heels as he trotted back over to the barber's chair.

He whistled happily as he cleaned up his station and then looked at himself in the mirror. He tried to smooth his tousled hair a bit and straigtened his shirt.

Then, he ran out the front door onto the sidewalk in front of his shop and beat his chest like an ape.

"Hello ladies!" he smiled at a couple of startled looking women then screamed to the top of his lungs "WHO'S NEXXXXXXXXXT!!!!!!!"
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:49 pm

OmegaFrost happened to be walking by when he noticed the frilly shop.

OmegaFrost- Well its now or never.

OmegaFrost walked into the shop after making shure no one qwas watching. He looked around in disgust at the strange pink store and waited for the person owning it to adress him.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:22 am

Wheok skipped out from behind a display of winter accessories wearing a ladies fur stole.

"Oopsie!" he laughed and tossed the stole aside. "Another customer! Excellent!"

The eccentric merchant bowed gracefully before Omegafrost.

"What may I interest you in, good Sir?"
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu Jan 02, 2003 6:37 pm

OmegaFrost- I am looking for gifts for 50 females ranging from the ages of 20 to 4.

A small burst of electric energy shot from OmegaFrosts wrist device and sudenly Turrasque was standing next to OmegaFrost.

Turrasque- And I am looking for lunch. Which could probably be found in this direction.

Turrasque walks towards the barber chair and downs a bottle of shampoo bottle and all he then proceeded to search for more food.

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:26 pm

Wheok watched Turrasque gulp down a bottle of peppermint shampoo and let out a squeal of mirthful laughter. Then he whirled around to face OmegaFrost nose to nose.

"Of course, I'll add whatever he eats or destroys to your total bill." he hissed in Omega's face. "Now, let's look at some things for the girls, shall we?"

He grabbed the Scientist by the elbow and steered him toward the corner of the store opposite the barber's chair. There was an entire shelf of dolls of assorted sizes and prices.

"I recommend the soft dolls for the little girls because they like to hug them and squeeze them! Like THIS!" Wheok gave OmegaFrost a quick hug and danced off down the aisle.

"Don't do that again!" OmegaFrost told the shopkeeper.

"Oh ok fine! Such a spoil sport!" Wheok pouted then laughed.

He grabbed a box off the shelf and thrust it at Omega.

"I recommend BarbieFrost for the 8 to 12 year olds!"

Wheok pranced around the corner then swung back around and decapitated a mannequin with a sword he had picked up. OmegaFrost jumped back, startled.

"Oh silly meeeeee!" Wheok looked a bit sheepish. "I really should quit leaving these things laying around where the kids can get at them!"

He layed the sword back down and led OmegaFrost to the next display.

"In my personal experience, I find the 12 to 17 year old girls to be completely giddy and boy crazy, don't you?" Wheok winked and waved his arms at everything on the shelf. "Anything here would be a fine choice though if you still can't decide, then I suppose I could help you with more specific ideas!"

OmegaFrost looked perplexed and followed Wheok to a final destination.

"This, my friend, is the perfume and jewelry counter! I think your 18 to 20 year olds will appreciate anything from this section!" the shopkeeper grinned engagingly and bowed gracefully once again.

"Say, you're from the Frost Castle, aren't you? Rumors have it that Lord Gigafrost is not well. Been spending a lot of time in the Infirmary, has he? Lapsed into a coma perhaps?" Wheok liked Lord Gigafrost and was genuinely concerned. "So, a little news here might gain you a discount on your purchase, if you know what I mean."
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Thu Jan 02, 2003 10:13 pm

OmegaFrost- His name is Giga never mention Frost in his name you dont know what that is refering too. Also he is fine he has been watching over another patient in the infermery.

OmegaFrost then proceeded to pick out 20 sets of jewelry, and 15 diffrent dolls. He then began to look around for some sort of thing for the other girls when he noticed multiple manakins in the corner.

OmegaFrost- I'll take 5 male manakins along with clothing. So what does this all add up to?

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:41 am

Wheok looked completely startled and was momentarily speechless.

"You...you want to purchase the mannequins and the fine clothing they are wearing?"

"Yes, that's what I said!" OmegaFrost told him.

Wheok was still agog over the jewelry sale but the request to buy the mannequins caught him completely off guard and he was flabbergasted. He knew the Frosts were wealthy --they live in a Castle, duh-- but he was astounded by the frivolous way OmegaFrost was spending!

"Well Sir," he laughed nervously. "Those aren't just big dolls, you know."

"What would you call them?" the Scientist countered. "How much is all this stuff?!"

Wheok opened his mouth to say something catty then clamped his hand over his mouth and whirled around a few times. He glanced toward the back of the store and noticed Turrasque chowing down on a bar of peach-Oatmeal soap.

"Oh God," he rolled his eyes. "Why is he eating all the toiletries?"

The shopkeeper flouced over to the cash register and began to ring up OmegaFrost's purchases. They were .......

5 rag dolls @ 10.00
5 talking Oracle dolls @ 19.95
5 BarbieFrost dolls @ 29.95

5 pairs of novelty earrings @ 12.95
5 ruby and diamond pinky rings @ 79.95
5 crystal bracelets @ 175.00
5 gold necklaces @ 250.00
5 boxed sets @ 500.00

5 mannequins @ 750.00
5 wigs for manenquins @ 200.00
5 silk shirts @ 100.00
5 pairs of pants @ 75.00
5 pairs of boots @ 250.00
5 silk scarves @ 65.00
5 leather belts @ 40.00

2 bottles of peppermint shampoo @ 7.50
3 bars of peach-oatmeal soap @ 5.95
1 jar of styling gel @ 6.50

Wheok broke out into a sweat and he cleared his throat before he announced the total.

"Er .... 12324.75 plus tax is 12879.36!"

Wheok nearly passed out and was afraid OmegaFrost might sic Turrasque on him. He waited nervously for the Scientist to speak.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby OmegaFrost » Fri Jan 03, 2003 11:01 pm

OmegaFrost took out 13 silver coins that had a double helix on one side and a chromosome on the other.

OmegaFrost- These are genocoins. They are very old and by this daty and age very very rare cash them in at the bank for a thousand each. Keep the change.

Turrasque zapped back in to OmegaFrost who looked at the shop keeper and said...

OmegaFrost- Ummmm.... could you help me take this to the teleporter room? :oops:

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:42 am

Wheok was so overcome that he burst into tears.

"Oh thank you sir, thank you so much!!!" he cried.

The emotional shopkeeper quickly grabbed the coins and locked them away in the cash register. Then wiped his eyes, let out a loud laugh and catapulted over the counter.

"Of course I will be MOST delighted to take all of your purchases back to your transport room for you!"

He whipped out a couple of large size handled shopping bags and put all the dolls into them. Then he put all the jewelry into a third bag. He was able to carry all three bags in one hand and tucked a mannequin under his free arm.

"Let's go, Sir!" he grinned. "Don't you worry about anything! It will only take me two more trips to fetch the other four mannequins!"

Wheok followed OmegaFrost to the transporter room and then ran back and forth to get and bring the rest of the mannequins. When he was done, he stood before the Scientist and bowed deeply.

"I thank you for your patronage, Sir! Do come again!" he smiled engagingly. "And please give my respect to Lord Gigafrrr...errr...Giga!"

Wheok scampered back to his shop and did a series of back flips to land in front of the door. He ripped his shirt open and screamed to the top of his lungs.

"NEXT?"
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nyufrost » Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:54 am

Wheok was very angry that he had no customers and more than a bit insulted that he hadn't received a personal invitation to the Frost's big party at the Inn. Fortunately, Nyufrost had come in to buy a dress for the occasion and invited him to come.

He plotted to do something unforgetable at the party. Perhaps he would begin killing random guests! Or perhaps he would kidnap Lord Gigafrost! Yes, that might be a plan!
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:12 pm

Wheok didn't bother to use the key to open the door, he simply kicked the glass out and reached in to turn the knob.

He screamed loudly and ran into the storeroom area. He was throwing things in all directions. Then he raised a jug of kerosene over his head with a triumphant gleam in his eyes.

The demented shopkeeper pranced around the store and splashed kerosene in all directions. He laughed and whistled as he doused everything quite thoroughly. He kicked over a few mannequins and decapitated others with a gleaming cutlass.

The tinkle of the bell over the door caught his attention and he spun around in preparation of beheading a live victim. He stopped when he saw it was Nyufrost.

He wiped the sweat from his forehead and tried to look dignified.

"It's okay, Wheok." Nyu spoke softly. "I understand, I really do."

"I doubt it." he stated flatly.

"Yes, I do." she reassured him. "It's Gigafrost, isn't it?"

Wheok gave her an astonished "how did you know that?" look. Perhaps he didn't know, or perhaps he knew and forgot, that Nyufrost possessed some mind-reading skills. He stammered out an agreement, of sorts.

"I saw the way he barely acknowledged you at the party," Nyu said. "But, he didn't even say hello to me."

"In fact," she continued, "he has been ignoring me for some time now. He seems to be so preoccupied. I've been so worried about him."

The tears that spilt down her cheeks looked silver in the moonlight and Wheok felt sorry for the girl. He rushed forward and dabbed them away with a frilly looking handkerchief he pulled from his pocket.

"There there," he said soothingly and gave her a reassuring hug. "We both have been snubbed, nay?

Nyufrost nodded but was unable to reply, as she was afraid she would choke on her words and break down, but she felt recently that she was not "good enough" for Giga's company. He avoided her, ignored her, shunned her. She didn't know what the problem was and thought about moving out.

Wheok seemed to sense this and hugged her a little tighter. Then, he sprang forward and grabbed a book of matches from behind the counter. There was a wild look in his eyes as he held them up and screamed "BEHOLD!!!"

Nyufrost realized for the first time what the strange smell had been when she first walked in and looked alarmed.

"Wheok!" she spoke more sternly. "You can't be serious! Think of the consequences! This store means a lot to you!"

"MEANT a lot to me!" he wagged a finger in her face. "But no more! It makes me feel like a failure that I have no customers!"

He pouted and stamped a foot. Then he laughed gleefully and struck a match.

Nyufrost dived forward to stop him but he jumped aside and she struck her head on the counter and fell unconscious on the floor.

Wheok forgot about the kerosene and threw the burning match over his shoulder when he bent over to see about Nyu. A fire broke out and quickly snaked around the haphazard path in which Wheok had sprinkled it on the floor. He ran in circles, screaming and flapping at the flames with his coat.

Fortunately, most of the fire was at the other end of the store but the exits were blocked and there seemed little hope. In fact, their only hope would be if any of the party-goers at the Inn happened to stumble out and see the blaze.

An ornamental post burned at the base and fell over. It dented the counter, which prevented it from falling on Nyufrost and crushing her. Wheok keeled over in fright and landed beside Nyu. The fire crackled around them but they were in a safe spot .... for now.

~OOC~ Wheok's Boutique is now temporarily closed. No looting! :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to The Marketplace