Icegaze enters the Inn

Visit the Village Shops and Inn. Come in-character and have a meal or get into a drunken brawl.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Icegaze enters the Inn

Postby Icegaze » Wed Jun 25, 2003 12:15 am

Icegaze enters the Inn. He sits at the bar and orders a drink. The drink comes, but is too warm for his taste. He taps the glass and a white frost covers the glass.

Icegaze: "Refreshing.... Does anybody have any tales of the Frost Jedi? I would like to learn some history...."
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:08 am

Amber and Howie, two young kitchen helpers at the Frost Castle, had been on their way out the door when they overheard the stranger's request.

They turned and gazed suspiciously at him. Howie grunted, made a gesture and approached the stranger with Amber following behind him.

Howie slapped his hand on his chest and flung his hand out to the side in greeting then made an exaggerated shrugging motion to indicate he wanted to know who the stranger was and why he was inquiring about the Frost Jedi.

Amber peered out from behind the big tongueless meatcutter and eyed the newcomer's frost covered glass a bit uneasily.

oO(who is this mysterious person and just how much should we reveal to them?) she wondered to herself.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:53 pm

coln was sitting off to the side off the inn. He was watching them suspiciously, since the man at the counter asked a weird question

How curious, he thought, a stranger was asking about the frost jedi...

he has to watch himself, he thought, because alot of people can get really suspicious. but the truth was, coln didn't know much of the frost jedi. He had heard some stories, but he didn't like stories very much, most people made them up.

all he really knew was that they were an elite force which governed over castle frost.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Icegaze » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:20 pm

Icegaze: "Ah, yes. Why should you talk to a stranger? I am Icegaze. I awoke in a cave somewhere, frozen in ice. All I know aboout myself is I can summon the element of ice. I am simply a rougue traveler trying to become a scholar. However, all I know about the Frost Jedi is they live in a big ol' castle and rule Frost City and the land around it. Please, tell me something that will get me somewhere in life."
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:18 am

Howie shrugged and gestured at Amber.

She stepped out from behind him and introduced them both to Icegaze. She told the brief story of how their ancestors had been Frost servants for hundreds of years and how Howie's tongue had been cut out by a Frost enemy when Howie was a small boy.

She told him the Frosts were kind and generous to their servants and gestured in the general direction of the Castle as she spoke.

"Lord Giga rules the Castle and the Frost Jedi," Amber revealed with somewhat of a blush. "He is .... quiet yet powerful in mysterious ways and somewhat of a loner."

Amber paused and glanced at Howie who nodded, so Amber added in a low whisper ...

"He is a master storyteller who could undoubtedly amuse you for hours with his tales but, right now, he is .... missing."
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Neerowolf » Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:33 pm

at this, coln couldn't help but stand up.

"MISSING?"

many whispers from the crowd could be heard

"What has happened to giga?"
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Thu Jun 26, 2003 5:59 pm

Amber blushed miserably as all eyes turned to her. The noise of the small crowd, all abuzz with shocked reaction, was maddening. She wished she had not spoken and hoped news of her blunder would not get back to the Cook ... she didn't want to lose her job.

"Oh dear," she sighed. "Howie, what should we do?"

Howie surveyed the room and saw the looks of shock, disbelief and concern on all the faces. He knew the townspeople were aghast that Lord Giga was missing but he feared they might riot if they tried to get away without telling what they knew ...which wasn't much... so he gestured for Amber to continue.

She took a sip of water and began to speak in a small voice.

"Indeed, he has been missing for many months now."

The buzz from the crowd increased and she heard random cries of "Good God!" and "how can this be!" She heard shocked gasps and somewhere in the room a woman was wailing.

"It was on New Year's Eve that he vanished...."
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:32 pm

"Do tell...."
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Icegaze » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:33 pm

"Perhaps I can aid in the search...."
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Fri Jun 27, 2003 4:49 pm

If Giga is in troujble, i'll do anything to help!
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:15 am

Amber wanted to trust the strangers but, being young and foolish, there was a time her trust in strangers had led the Frosts to a disasterous period ... but that was in another time.

"Well ... on New Year's Eve, there was a party here at the Inn and it is rumored that Lord Giga got quite drunk. This is rather surprising since we have never even heard of him getting drunk before." Amber revealed.

Howie nodded enthusiastically and the two strangers waited for her to continue. She sipped her water and wet her lips.

"Then, there is some rumor that Wheok set fire to his Boutique because he felt shunned by Lord Giga at the party," she said. "And that Nyufrost was in the shop at the time the fire broke out."

There were a few gasps from the crowd.

"Lord Giga, though drunk, apparently went into the burning building to save them ... which he did." Amber paused for a moment before finishing. "But, I have been told that the magic spell he used to do this went awry because of his altered state of mind and has cast him off possibly into another diminsion."
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Icegaze » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:02 pm

Icegaze sat up slowly and walked toward the door. He turned and looked at the two storytellers.

"Thank you..." and then he left.
Icegaze
Castle Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:09 am

Amber had the sinking feeling she had done the wrong thing and her pretty young face was twisted in a mask of frowning despair.

"Oh Howie..." she sighed. "I hope nothing bad comes of this."

Howie patted Amber on the shoulder affectionately and the two left the Inn to return to the Castle.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to The Marketplace