Amber and Howie visit the Inn

Visit the Village Shops and Inn. Come in-character and have a meal or get into a drunken brawl.

Moderator: Dracofrost

Amber and Howie visit the Inn

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:33 am

With most of the members of the Frost Jedi off on an adventure or missing, the Castle help was left with some idle time on their hands. The cook proclaimed himself off duty for the day and left everyone on their own as far as food was concerned.

Some of the Castle servants decided to go into town for an early supper and headed to the Frost City Inn.

Amber and Howie, two young kitchen helpers, sat together at a table by the window. Howie's tongue had been cut out by an enemy to the Frosts when he was a young boy. He communicated strictly by making noises and gesturing.

A waitress greeted them and asked for their selections. Amber ordered the roasted chicken served with corn on the cob and garlic-rosemary red potatoes. Howie made rabbit ears over his head with his hands and pointed at the menu to indicate he wanted the grilled game meat with sauteed mushrooms and wild rice and that he preferred rabbit meat.

The waitress returned after a minute with a loaf of fresh baked bread for each of them and two mugs of cider. After the girl left, Amber looked at Howie with concern and began to talk.

"Oh Howie," she began. "The Castle just isn't the same without Master Giga. It just seems like all the life is gone out of the place."

Howie sighed wistfully, while gnawing on a piece of bread, and nodded in agreement.

"I've heard many things from the other help as to what may have happened to him," Amber said.

Howie shrugged and gestured for Amber to continue.

She looked around furtively to make sure no one was listening.

"Well ..." she whispered "I hear he snapped from the stress and just ran off!"

Howie looked alarmed and shook his head violently from side to side, indicating an emphatic NO! Then he grabbed himself by the neck and made a choking gesture. Then he jumped up from his seat, spun around then sat back down and pointed out the window at the charred remains of Wheok's store.

"You think he was attacked by Wheok???" Amber's voice rose and was shrill.

Howie made a "shhhh" gesture and nodded his head to indicate she was correct. Amber looked a bit stunned bit before she could respond, the waitress delivered their meals to the table.
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:35 am

After the waitress had walked away again, Dracofrost's head popped up into view through the window.

"Hey there. I couldn't help overhearing your conversation, and I just can't help but add in my thoughts. Now, for one, I think it highly improbable that Wheok would attack Lord Giga, and even more improbable that Wheok would be able to attack Lord Giga to the point to seriously harm him, depite the madman's proficiency with a blade. Now, what I've heard is that Giga was very very drunk and I think he miscast a spell or something went wrong magically. Maybe he got teleported to a different dimension."

Dracofrost stood outside the window, awaiting the reactions of Amber and Howie, happy to have a source of gossip and chatting for once.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:53 am

Amber whipped around in her chair and blushed when she saw the voice belonged to Dracofrost who stood on the other side of the opened window.

She could also see a shaggy-haired street musician standing in front of the Magic Shop. He had "Eat at Joe's" painted on the side of the bass drum he wore around his neck and operated with a foot pedal. He had a harmonica in his mouth and played the tambourine with his hands.

She felt the musician seemed oddly out of place.

Her attention was diverted from the musician to Howie, who was motioning Dracofrost to come inside and sit with them.

"Please forgive my manners, Sir." Amber said. "Yes, please do join us and tell us more of your theory on what has happened to our Master."
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:34 pm

Dracofrost shruged.

"I don't have a theory," he said "that's just what I've heard."

Dracofrost then proceeded to wander off in the direction of the musician, then turned around and walked in a circle in the middle of the road.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:27 am

Amber and Howie exchanged glances. They were, after all, just servants at the Frost Castle and in no position to make demands of Dracofrost. However, they yearned to know what had become of Lord Giga and whether or not he would be returning to the Castle. Plus, of course, they wanted a good story to relate to the other servants as they all gathered nightly, after the chores were finished, to exchange gossip.

Howie nearly turned over his chair as he sprang to his feet and bolted out the door.

"Oh dear!" Amber signed and blushed as other patrons turned to look in their direction.

Howie charged up to Dracofrost and grabbed him by the shoulders. He shook the spaceman like a ragdoll.

"Unhand me, man!" Dracofrost commanded.

Howie grunted and shook his head NO. He threw Dracofrost over his shoulder and carried him into the Inn. He plopped him down in a seat at the table he and Amber occupied. Amber looked aghast with embarrassment. A waitress ran over and asked Dracofrost if he was okay.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Wed Mar 26, 2003 6:47 am

After coughing for a few moments, and then clearing his throat loudly, Dracofrost announced that he was ok, and then ordered the days special.

"Ahem. So, what did you want me for...?" looking at Howie, not knowing the name of the man.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Mar 26, 2003 7:47 am

Howie grunted and gestured at Amber as if to say "go on."

Dracofrost looked over at the girl and had the vague feeling he had seen her before but couldn't clearly recall where.

"Well, girl?" he narrowed his eyes. "Who are you two, where have I seen you before and how can I help you?"

Amber's long lashes fluttered against her flushed cheeks.

"Well Sir," she began. "I am called Amber and I work in the kitchen at the Frost Castle. This is Howie ... he is a meat cutter and a dishwasher there."

"Ahhh," Dracofrost nodded. "So, what's the matter with him?"

Howie was busy with his grilled rabbit and with ogling the waitress and was not paying attention to the conversation. He winked at her as she set Dracofrost's platter of Sizzling Salmon in front of him and she rolled her eyes.

"His tongue was cut off when he was little by one of the Frost Jedi's enemies to keep him from telling secrets he learned while he was kept captive." Amber revealed.

Dracofrost looked queasy and laid his fork back down on the table. Howie pointed to the delicious looking fish, then to Draco's mouth and growled. The startled spaceman speared a slab of salmon and nearly swallowed it whole. Howie smiled.

"So, uh, why am I here again?" Draco reiterated an earlier question.

"We are so concerned about what has happened to Lord Giga," Amber blurted out. "He's never been gone so long, according to the Cook, who has been around for many, many years."

"Hmmm..." Draco mused.

"So, you said you heard that he became drunk and miscast a spell and possibly was in another dimension! Does this mean he is lost forever? Can the Frost Jedi somehow find him and bring him back?" Amber quizzed rapidly.

"Hmmm ... " Draco repeated.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Dracofrost » Fri Apr 18, 2003 10:36 pm

"Hmmm..." hummed the spaceman to himself while pondering this, holding his chin in his hand.

"Well, I don't know. I suppose I shall have invert the polarity of the fluxion matrix around my V-222 actualization probe so as to send it past the Y axis of the phlogsten..." and Draco trailed off, realizing that Amber and Howie were staring at him, obviously not understanding his somewhat meaningless techno-babble.

"Umm, what was that, sir?" asked the cooking girl.

"Oh, umm, I'll just have a machine of mine get on looking for Lord Giga. Don't worry, he'll be found, and in the meantime we should all be fine." explained the spaceman as he started tapping at buttons on his wrist and forearm. Outside could be heard a strange humming and whistling noise as a shiny silver object shot over town at high speed and disappeared into a hole that seemed to spontaneously tear itself in mid-air.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Fei » Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:55 pm

A random vagabond entered earlier, ordering a quart of rum, and a grapefruit, and a shot glass.

"Whats the story of this palce barkeep? Interesting conversations afloat."
Divine Zephyr
Fei
Traveler

Postby Nyufrost » Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:53 am

Howie grunted at the stranger and glared at him with narrowed eyes.

Amber took her eyes off the retreating form of the spaceman and followed Howie's line of sight to the stranger seated at the bar.

"Come Howie ... it's late, we need to be getting back to the Castle," she whispered.

The big mute nodded and the two stood and headed to the door.

~OOC~ That wraps it up for this part of Amber and Howie's journey to the Inn.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Return to The Marketplace