Crapier webhosts

All things techie, be they discussions on troubleshooting, video encoding, programming, or algorithm design.

Moderator: Nuxius

Crapier webhosts

Postby Drazo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:32 am

After transfering webhosts, my website has had a lot of unexplained downtime and slow downs as well as scheduled downtimes. The web host I've got now is slightly cheaper than the one I had but I've paid in advance for the next 3 years. I feel like I've still wasted all my money since at the start they were fast until they did the first sheduled downtime, in which that and several other times was network improvment....

That's my daily rant away....since they've gone completely dead for the second time in the last < 2 days. Of course I do check my site regularly since my homepage is set to my site and still check the inactive forums a few times a day, but their uptime most be at most something like 80%.

Unfortunately the ABBS Server Name service relies on a php script and database on the site....and if that's dead no one would be able to get the server name translated.

Anyone know any fast and reliable hosts with prices maximum of $100 a year? Web space isn't much of an issue but for the future I would preferbly have at least something like 10 GB. Bandwidth, if not 'unlimited' (isn't at all an issue right now but it may be this time in no more than 1 or 2 years time) being something like 1,000 GB per month should suffice.

Or maybe I can scare my current hosts into improving their performance/uptime? :evil:
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Re: Crapier webhosts

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:22 pm

FJ uses surpasshosting.com. Have had some problems with them, but... well, we're still using them, heh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Re: Crapier webhosts

Postby Drazo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:10 am

Although 3 years payment is a lot of money. I think I shall wait it out. If they get worse or unbearable before then I could take actions then....
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Return to Communications Center