computer wall

All things techie, be they discussions on troubleshooting, video encoding, programming, or algorithm design.

Moderator: Nuxius

Re: computer wall

Postby Nuxius » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:12 am

Megafrost wrote:I should take a picture of the balcony over Mom and Dad's room, there isn't any room left there...

Let's see it! :wink:

TerraFrost wrote:Well, I just got 2x defective 1GB PC2-5300 SODIMMs from a coworker yesterday! :)

You should put them up. :p

I was cleaning out some stuff today, and found an old Intel 80486DX2 processor and a stick of 72-pin SIMM memory (not sure of the MB size). Pretty cool. :cool
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:51 am

The PC5300 SODIMMs are up :)

The only thing that isn't up on my wall, now, is an AMD Athlon. I don't have any more of the long thumb tacks (or whatever they're called) to stick in my wall :)

As for the other new stuff... a (I assume) Pentium III from a laptop (pried it off with a screwdriver), some weird chip I pulled from a broken iBook G3 (tried to pull the G3 processor, itself, off, but the ceramic chipped), and a minipci card from a Linksys WT54G router.
Attachments
computerwall2.jpg
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nuxius » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:27 am

TerraFrost wrote:tried to pull the G3 processor, itself, off, but the ceramic chipped

That would probably be because they never expected anyone to actually try to take it off; I mean, it's a Mac. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEvYETWVK6M
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby TerraFrost » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:55 am

Nuxius wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:tried to pull the G3 processor, itself, off, but the ceramic chipped

That would probably be because they never expected anyone to actually try to take it off; I mean, it's a Mac. :wink:

:D
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Previous

Return to Communications Center