the best reason to get a quad-core

All things techie, be they discussions on troubleshooting, video encoding, programming, or algorithm design.

Moderator: Nuxius

the best reason to get a quad-core

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:38 pm

Maybe it's running an operating system where multitasking has been limited to one task per core! Like on Windows Phone 7 Series! Hooray for progress!

As for Windows Phone 7 Series... I don't care about multitasking so much as I do about their new requirement that apps be installed through an app store. As an owner of an HTC TyTN II and an HTC Touch Pro2, I can safely say that I will not be upgrading to any Windows Phone 7 Series phone so long as that restriction exists. Sadly, it seems that that's the trend for mobile devices in general. And for games, too, for that matter. Network connectivity used to be liberating, as you could find and install apps that you never would have otherwise found. Now, it's becoming a tether and without it, you can't play apps or games. I mean, sure, some apps and games wouldn't make much sense without it. It's hard to play with other people when you can't even connect with their computers, for example. But if all you want to do is to play single player mode on StarCraft II... bleh.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to Communications Center