plzzzz read!

Displays of original artwork, handicrafts, musings and other talents

Moderator: Kaos

plzzzz read!

Postby Wolfie » Mon Nov 17, 2003 4:34 pm

its a story and im gonna post 1 chapter a month or more i dont know yet...here the story any way....

Lianna Ellen’s Adventures

She stands in the dimly lit room, her entire body shaking. He looks up at her, his pain showing in his dark eyes. She rests her hand upon the arm of a golden couch, and a silvery tear falls from her eye. One by one, her tears fall, each telling a story. His emotions are displayed clearly across his face, and all is seen there is horror.
“Now I am going to die,” he said, as a small smile made it’s way across his face.
“Yes. You will be freed from your pain. I will take this life from you so that you can be happy in the next. Goodbye, my friend, I will never forget you.”
“Neither will I, Li.”

Her name was Lianna Ellen, or Li as all her friends called her. Just 16 years old and living by herself. Both her parents were dead, so she didn’t have anyone else to live with. Well, there was her brother, but he had a disease. He was also quite rich, and very generous. Every time Li visited him he would give her some money. A few weeks ago the disease had gotten worse, and she came to keep him company and help him. The pain got worse, and he died earlier that day. They would say it was a murder that someone had killed him and taken all his money. But that wasn’t true. She had put him out of his misery, he had been in such pain that neither he nor she could stand. She had always been a special girl. But when she turned 16 she changed she had become a vampire of sorts. She could levitate, was super strong and run very fast she could also hear and see for miles without difficulty, but the thing that she found most strange was that she could look into a persons eyes and tell them to do things that they normally wouldn’t want to. She didn’t need to drink blood and wasn’t allergic to garlic or crosses but she had all the abilities of a vampire. Now she is going to Texas where no one knew her, a place where she thought she could get away from her past.

She ran through the cold LA night, her shirt and hands covered in blood. She heard the sirens screaming they were just a few miles away. “I can make it to my apartment in time if I just run fast enough,” she panted. The big brown building came racing into her vision as she neared it she was only a few miles away. “Not many lights on. Good, I won’t be seen,” she thought as she jumped, landing on a balcony just outside her apartment. She dashed through her small apartment, not looking twice at the ripped couch and scratched table. “What a plain bedroom,” she thought as she grabbed her passport and stuffed some clothes in a bag, “I’ll have to do something with my next room.”
After a quick shower she grabbed her things, but couldn’t help thinking that she’d forgotten something. “Oh, Jin!” she exclaimed, “Come here, Jin, we have to go!” She snatched up a small, black kitten and ran out the door.

“We’re going to Texas, Jin. It’s a long drive, but they won’t know us there,” Li told her cat as she started up the car. “Do you think I need a new name? Should I stick with Lianna Ellen? Oh, might as well, I don’t want to do any more paperwork than I need to.”

CHAPTER 1

She was flying down the highway in her little corvette when a cop pulled her over, “Excuse me, miss, but may I please see your driver’s license and registration?” She handed him everything he had asked for, and looked into his eyes for a moment, “Is that all?” “Yes, that will be all, thank you,” he said as he returned her things and left. . Police pulled her over all the time, probably because she looked so young. Li looked back at the napping kitten and smiled, then stepped on the gas and drove off towards Texas.

She thought driving to Texas with an 8-month-old kitten was not the best idea so she started to look for the nearest airport. There happened to be an airport a few miles away so she picked up her bag of things and Jin an walked in to the airport. She found the front desk, and said “excuse me Ma’am I would like a ticket for me and my cat.” The lady looked over her shoulder at Li and Jin and replied “I’m sorry but in less the cat is in a crate I cant help you” “I think you can. Please pick out a nice crate for Jin here and bring it to me, will be waiting in the lobby.” She then stared deep into the eyes of the lady who’s tag read “Glen” and said, “wont you Glen?” Glen stood frozen for a moment and replied “yes Ma’am” Li looked away took the tickets from Glen and walked to the lobby.

She looked at Jin who was now awake and staring up at her threw sleepy eyes, “mew?” Li smiled and sat down in the chair nearest to the window of the lobby “look at all those big machines Jin. Were going to be riding in one of those.” Then she looked down at Jin and all of the sudden she heard “here’s your crate Ma’am.” Li then took the crate and looked in side there was small water bowel, food bowel and blanket. “Thank you Miss Glen” and Glen walked off.

A few minutes later the plane attendant called out “NOW BOARDING FLIGHT 776!” “That’s are plane Jin!” Li then picked up the crate and walked off to the stand handed the flight attendant her ticket and walked on to the plane.

Li then sat down by the widow and took Jin out then sat Jin on her lap, Jin purred loudly as she lay down on Li’s lap.

Li woke up to some one shaking her “miss, miss were we’ve landed, will be leaving in a few minutes if you don’t get off now the plane will have to leave with you on the plane.” “Huh? OH YEAH!” Li grabbed Jin and put her in her crate, which Jin didn’t like very much, and Li the evil eye for, “oh deal with it!” Li got her bag and the crate and rushed off the plane.

Li exited the airport and started walking to the nearest taxi, when she heard some one calling her name “LI! HEY LI! OVER HEAR!” and there was Katarina standing by one of the taxis waving at Li “LI COME HERE ITS ME KATARINA!” Li ran over to the taxi where Katarina was standing “Hi, Kat it’s been so long! Are you leaving?” “No I just got here! Come on over to my house I just moved here a while back!” “Cool!”
Katarina and Li got into the taxi, “so do you still have Jin?” said Katarina, “yep!” Li pulled out Jin the sleeping cat and tickled her belly “wake up silly cat!” Jin opened her eyes and stared at me with that “why did you wake me up!?” look and “mreow!” that I need more food mreow. “She’s a silly cat isn’t she!?”

They arrived at Katarina’s house in Round Rock TX. “So this is where you live?” asked Li “yep!” replied Katarina. The house was a Victorian style house with a light blue exterior and a white roof. Li followed Katarina into the house, the foyer was a deep relaxing red and bleach white crown molding covered the walls making an exquisite combination. There was also a small cherry wood table set up against one of the walls with a small vase set on top of the table bearing black roses.
Katarina walked over to the table and reached inside the vase and pulled out a dagger and smiled “like you said always keep a knife at hand!” and put the knife back in the vase. I smiled “Your just as weird as ever” and we laughed while she took me upstairs.

Once we reached the top of the stairs there was an old cat standing in my way and she looked up at me “MREOOOOOWWWW!” “Why hello Shelly queen!” I said as I looked at the old cat. We walked into the bedroom door and Kat said, “well this is where you’ll be staying!” “Me?” Li replied, “Yes you, you need a place to stay don’t you?” “Well yes I suppose…” Li looked over the room all there was, was a mattress and plain white walls. “I’ll be taking you to the store to buy something’s you’ll need a bed frame, dresser, paint for the walls…” and she walked out of the room talking to herself. Li stood looking in the room for a minute “I have a new life….”

I walked into my room sat down on the bed. It was a dark purple room with light blue crown molding and black carpet, the bed sheets were dark blue and the bed frame a sultry yellow, there was a small dresser painted light blue with a white pillow set neatly in the center. I knew what the pillow concealed was not so nice and fluffy for there was a knife inside, and I thought about what my mother used to say “always keep a knife, you never know when you might need it.” My mom was a weird old bird I thought as I sat on my bed, then I heard the click of the doorknob and Kat walked in “time to go!” I jumped off the bed and followed her out the door.

It was a hot day, well cooler than usual but hot to me, I was wearing a light gray dress and black shoes, it was Kats mom’s funeral. We were only a few minutes away from the cemetery, Kat parked and we got out of the car. Kat had already been to her dad’s funeral a long time ago, now she was at her moms and she was fine with it she knew her mom would die someday and wasn’t sad, she thought that somewhere she was being reborn. Kat was a very nice person but didn’t let her sadness get the best of her. She was always trying to cheer you up saying she was fine or “its ok” I thought she must be so sad on the inside and then I thought I do the same thing and I’m not sad, not in the end.

When the funeral was over we went back home and read for a while then I heard a knocking at the door. I thought maybe it’s one of the family members, one of them might of left a coat. “BANG BANG!” As they were pounding on the door “hold on!”. The kids next door were always doing this I thought. I went to answer the door but instead of the little girls I found to men in black masks staring at me threw shaded glass eye holes. “OH FUCK!” I slammed the door in their face and told Kat to call the police as I tried to keep the door shut, Kat screamed “DAMN THEY CUT THE PHONE LINE!” I stood holding the door trying not to let them in. “Kat” I whispered “come here!” Kat came running over “what should I do?” “Go around back and get the extra phone!” “Ok!”. I leaned over trying to grab the flower vase, it fell and smashed as I tried to grab it, the knife skidded across the floor almost jabbing my foot I jumped up real quick avoiding it slicing into my foot. I leaned over and grabbed the knife and was about to open the door when the pounding stopped. “I keep trying to listen but I just can’t concentrate!”

I open the door cautiously as I look around the corner “no ones there, I wonder if they left thinking it to much of a hassle.” As I walk threw the door my heart starts pounding “something doesn’t feel, I wonder if they’re still here.” I was almost to the back now looking and stepping cautiously “I need to clear my mind, clear my mind…” I was at the shed I didn’t hear anything “that’s odd wouldn’t the police make her keep talking?” I looked around still no signs of the thieves, I opened the door ready to see Kat, but I looked inside and there was cat in the one of the men’s arms knocked out with a knife to her throat. The other man was holding a shovel and looking at the smashed phone with a grin on his face. My heart stopped, “they will not hurt Kat!” After that every thing blurred together, I had punched the man the man holding Kat in the face, and was going towards the man holding the shovel I kicked in his stomach so hard I heard the spine crack on the other side and he went flying threw the wall.

Now everything stopped, my heart sped I knew I had to leave and so did Kat. I ran into the house and grabbed my bag while I was stuffing it full of all are money clothes and bath supplies I keep thinking, “why would they have come to are house? It was out far away and didn’t have much expensive things, there was no reason for them to come here.” When I was done packing I went to get Kat and put her in the car, she was still knocked out on the floor I had moved her into the foyer because I didn’t really want to see the two thugs again. I put her in the car and went back in the house to get the two cats and the bag. When I finally got everything in the car I could here the sirens a few miles away. “I’m off again,” I thought as I sped down the road towards the highway… “So Jin” I asked my cat “where are we off to now?”
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:02 pm

:thumbs: I like it!

hehee, you put me in there... ^_^
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:31 pm

:D yep!
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Toby » Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:33 pm

BAD STORY
Formerly 'The Muffin Man'
Toby
Elite Guard

Postby ChatOmbre » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:42 pm

don't be mean, Batty. constructive criticism is welcome, and I think it would be better if you told her why you don't like her story.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Wed Nov 26, 2003 6:46 pm

did you even read it :p your friends on the comp so some how i doubt it
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Neerowolf » Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:05 pm

wow, it all happened so fast! O.o I like some of it, but it was jumping way too fast. Take your time on these, okay? I was confused. Overall, its a really great story and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby Wolfie » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:34 pm

thanks neero for the advice and complements
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Return to Rogue's Gallery