alternate logo

Displays of original artwork, handicrafts, musings and other talents

Moderator: Kaos

alternate logo

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:25 am

before i designed the current logo for the default theme, i designed another one that i ultimatly rejected... i've attached it here :)
Attachments
_logo copy.jpg
_logo copy.jpg (50.98 KiB) Viewed 2931 times
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Gigafrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:30 am

hehehe...that's interesting...I suppose that you're attached to your current one, eh?
Gigafrost
Frost Weapon
Frost Weapon

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 8:59 am

I think that would look incredibly awesome if you:

Removed the clouds
Moved the Jedi to the opposite side and sort of behind the iceberg
Erased the little iceberg at the front
Made the ocean into snow using the cloud tool
Made the font all the same type/color with a drop shadow
Then colorized the whole thing to give it an ice blue look

:)
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:47 am

hehehe...that's interesting...I suppose that you're attached to your current one, eh?

well, i'm more attached to that one than i am to my old one, heh. but if i can come up with another one that i like better, i'd drop it in a heart beat :) i just don't wanna expend the energy it would take to make a better one, heh.

now on to other things :):

i didn't remove the clouds from this one (they're removed from the current one) because it was on the edge, and i thought they added something...
also, atleast in photoshop, the cloud tool doesn't make any snow like effect. now, i could do it with bryce (not only could i do that - i could make my own iceberg, and do other really nifty stuff with it!), but... i don't have bryce, heh.
and a uniformly colored font with a drop shadow just wouldn't have looked super cool, imho. the text effects on this one look really neat, imho, but they're also rather distracting.

as for your suggestion of moving the jedi back... that's a good suggestion! :)
and i think that might be a good suggestion for the colorizing the whole thing blue... but without the current text effect, would it even really stand out? the only real non blue i currently have is because of that text effect :lila:
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:23 am

Well, this is one I made for another site one time.

The main part of the picture is colorized ... the font isn't. That's what I meant. :p
Attachments
FULOGO2.jpg
FULOGO2.jpg (18.65 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
<BR><center> "Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look <br> what they can do when they stick together.." ... Vesta M. Kelly</center>
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 9:15 pm

that's a nice logo! :)
what font was that?
i used Penguin Light with the current one, and Futura Compact (iirc) with my first one... Futura Compact, btw, is also the font used with Decipher's ST:TNG cards! ^_^
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Sun Dec 15, 2002 10:54 pm

Thanks. ^_^

The font is called Falstaff Festival.

I'm not sure if it's one of the standard Windows ones or if it came with some other program. My fonts are like tribbles ... they seem to reproduce rapidly because I'm always noticing new ones in the list that I never knew I had before. I think sometimes they come as part of a set and I just didn't pay attention. I hope. :lol:
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Kaos » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:13 pm

uhm...well, i like it (karen sorta beats us all to saying something <_<) lol

and..yeah ^^

(btw: i have that iceberg ^^ lol. do you have a cliff pic too? i ws planning on making myself a bnner with that one but then failed :cry: )

Kaos v.2 Chim Edition
Kaos
Heroic Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:09 am

Here's how it would look with some snow.

The bottom needs to be cropped off but I didn't want to waste time on it. I made the sky colorful just for fun. The Jedi would look neat peeking out from behind the left side of the iceberg. :)

EDIT: oops, I posted the version without the colored sky. Oh well ... :oops:
Attachments
logotest.jpg
logotest.jpg (12.11 KiB) Viewed 2900 times
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:34 am

that looks really nice! :)
however... the transition from that to the background for the top row would be rather abrubt using that image. ;-)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:06 am

Unless you reduce the opacity on the Jedi and make him like a phantom in the sky so the clouds are visible though him. :p
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby TerraFrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:17 am

what does the jedi have to do with it? i'm refering to the transition from the logo to the gray gradient bar thingie...
Attachments
logo5.jpg
logo5.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Nyufrost » Mon Dec 16, 2002 4:26 am

I'm not suggesting you use it so don't worry about it.
Nyufrost
Frost Advisor
Frost Advisor

Postby Nuxius » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:17 pm

You might also want to try and find a different iceberg.

Anyone who has ever used a copy of WinME has seen that thing, I've seen people use it as their logo (since it's easily accessable) all over the place.

We need something that makes people say "Wow, that's a neat banner!" or "I really like this design!" instead of "Hey, I have that image!".

With that said, I really like the banner we have now, I think it has a very simple, professional look to it. Just needs a more original iceberg.

I have a few (19) images of various icebergs I have found. Of course there are more, but I've weeded out the ugly/small/poorly compressed ones. Some I found on my various photo CD's, other's I've found on the net. If anyone wants them, just say. I would upload them, but the whole file is like 1MB, not sure if that's too big for you or not.
Nuxius
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Postby TerraFrost » Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:10 am

actually, i just got bryce, so hopefully i can render my own super cool icebergs pretty soon! :)
but that doesn't mean your icebergs aren't better - could you post them? :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Next

Return to Rogue's Gallery