'session bug'

Request help, report bugs or suggest improvements for Frost jedi's Instant Messenger.

Moderator: Drazo

'session bug'

Postby Drazo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:01 pm

There is an issue with the winsock control (a built-in program used for sending and receiving data to remote computers) not always being able to tell if a connection has been lost especially over the internet. This means sometimes when you log out you might not be able to log in again because your account is still listed in the session’s table.

It'll take some work for me to solve it (as I'm concentrating on ABBS and a new website ATM) but for now I'll clear the sessions table regularly. An announcement message will appear warning you if I’m about to do that.
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:10 pm

There seems to be a very perculier problem right now, FIM maybe dead for a while.
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby Drazo » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:19 pm

Problem solved. The server was just having a funny five minutes, it seems that there's more bugs growing everyday....it was almost completely buggless when I last tested it....and I wrote the program. O.o

Ah well I'm pleased to announce that ABBS will use a different data handling method....although it'll still use the winsock control since that's all I got but it should be much securer and stable.
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Return to FIM support