Civil Strife

Civil Strife

Postby Rao » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:32 am

Months past as life began to return to normal. Feasts were thrown many a days in the land of the Samurians. But alas, politics came back into the rulers of the Samurians. Being 4, each man wants more land to farm and to be called his. The Mightiest of the Warlords, The Berserker, Guan Yi tried many times to split the lands evenly. But it seemed a civil war was brewing in the land of warriors.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:39 am

Guan Yi, being the nephew of Tao Lu, of course was lord of He Fang castle. He also possessed the largest force between the four warlords. In Samsur, It was Wu Pang and Diao Tian, being lovers, they of course allied. Then, there was Zao Dung in Shoushi. Each beleived that the right of empire belonged to them and were now beginning to muster forces from their respected countrysides. For months this continued. But two men, with a mutual fear of each other think twice before attacking.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:42 pm

Guan Yi sat in his study, reading one of the many books from Tao Lu. He browsed over many of his books quite often. Guan enjoyed them more than many things. A servant then entered, behind him Zao Dung of Shoushi with his two generals who he signaled to wait outside. Zao closed the door. "Hello, brother." Zao said. "What? Have you left your city and stowed your plans of war to come visit me, yes, it seems that blood means nothing to you when it comes to the taste of glory. I warn you cousin, this glory you seek will only bring you death, should you bring your army to my lands." Guan Yi said firmly. Zao Dung sat down, not testing his brother. "I have thought long and hard about this situatation we have fallen upon. You are the elder of our family, the strongest. You should rule, this I beleive would please our uncle, and elder Tao Lu. So that is my decision, I wil fight with you, til death." Zao Dung announced. Guan Yi looked at his brother hard, he knew his brother was an honourable man and warrior. "I hope that when this ordeal ends, that you will still feel this way. Very Well, You have the alliance of my lands. I warn you, that if i sense that you have lead me astrat. I will not hesitate to strike you down." Guan Yi said. Zao Dung kneeled before Guan Yi, "doubt me now brother, but in battle, doubt will leave your mind." Zao said getting up and exiting.

Guan Yi sat long and hard about what had been said. He knew of Zao Dung cpabilities, but he knew he was not the greatest warrior of the Samurian empire, for Guan Yi knew he was unmatched in skill. He need council, he packed his horse and began his journey to Temple City.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:38 pm

Guan Yi arrived at Temple City early in the morning. Ritsu was waiting for him in the center of the small city. It was beautiful indeed, its three large temples could be seen for many miles away, and around them were small buildings for those who live in the city to sleep. "Hello, Guan Yi. What brings you here in such short notice?" Ritsu asked. "I need to speak with Tao Lu." Guan Yi said getting off his horse. "Yes, well dont let me stop you, help yourself to anything you need. I, myself, must depart to Ironclaw fortress. I shall see you soon." Ritsu said bowing slightly.

Guan Yi entered the temple of Tao Lu. No one was around, a few candles lit the massive Temple. A large statue of Tao Lu was in the middle. Guan Yi set his weapons down and knelt in front of the statue. He closed his hands in prayer. "Master Tao Lu, master of Kensai, Mater of all things good, your kin as come for council." Guan Yi said softly. A swirl of wind entered the temple as a small aura came from the large statue. "Hello, Nephew. Dont speak your mind, for I know it already. Trust your brother, my newphew. He will bring glory to our people. For he will be the one to rule." The statue said. Guan Yi knew what this meant. "So I will die." Guan Yi asked. "This is the way of the world, should you not die, your brother will, this will bring disaster to our lands. Bring upon the couple of disagrace. Strike them down, but wait until the master of the spear has come of age. He and only he can lead you to victory."With that, the aura was gone and Guan Yi was left alone.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:44 am

"Xia, Have you found anything on the master of the spear?" Guan Yi asked concerned. "No my lord, no kingdoms use the spear that much, save the natives, but the natives wont fight and there are no warriors there who can claim master of the spear." Xia said sadly knowing the disappointment of Guan Yi. For months they had searched for a man who was giving the name master of the spear.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:40 pm

Alright, here are the three regions of The Samurians, The blueish lines aare the borders of the the regions. The small dots on hte maps are the villages, and each fight for their respected province.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:55 pm

As the days grew long, and summer began to bless the land with fruitfulness trouble came over the land of The Samurians. Bandits had been ravaging the countrysides, take crops from farms and killing all who stood in their way. Guai Yi and his brother sat with a councel of warriors, discussing it. "Do you think it is Wu Pang who is causing these bandits to do this?" a sturdy looking warrior with the scars of many past battles asked. "Yes, I beleieve he has hired them, they are reportedly the last of the men of Reltin." Guan Yi answered. "What of the spearmen?" another warrior asked asked. "WE do not know yet and Tao Lu can not be reached in the summer. It bothers me that this conflict has gone on for 7 years." Guan Yi said sadly. "I am afraid that war will soon be inivitable." The councel nodded for war was what they were born to do.

After another hour of discussing other matters of the kingdom. "When will Aias Warblade come to train here, I dearly look forward to this? I have heard that he isalready a renown fighting at Ironclaw fortress." Xia Pi asked Guan Yi. Guan Yi froze for a second, "By the gods, I beleive he is the master of the spear!!!! Xia, get me my horse, I ride to Ironclaw fortress today!." Guan Yi shouted geting up and heading to his chamber.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:16 pm

Aias and Guan Yi moved swiftly across the plains. Night fell as they crossed the half way point to He Fang castle. Aias was in front when he stopped suddenly. "What is it?" Guan Yi asked. "There is a camp over there, I'll be back." Aias said jumping off the horse and taking his spear and shield. Guan Yi watched him moved silently over towards the camp that was hidden behind a grove of trees. After awhile, Guan Yi saw Aias return. "15 of them, they are bandits, and they have two samurians captive." Aias said taking his helmet off the horse and putting it on Guan Yi looked confused. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Taking back your warriors back, are you coming?" Aias asked. Guan Yi smiled at the boys courage. The two crept towards the camp unseen.

A leader of the bang was a monster of a man. He carried a large mace and had a tattoo on his face. He sat with his captains discussin what to do next. "South would be the best, Guan Yi wouldnt know to go there....." were the last words as an arrow pierced the big mans brain. Aias came out of the trees quickly thrusting his spear into the gut of a bandit and kicking him off. HE put up his shield as an arrow came at him. Guan Yi with his massive bow let messengers of deatyh fly to bandits trying to escape. He looked on as Aias went after two men trying to escape. The speed of Aias was unmatched and he chased down the remaining bandits and took the heads of those who stood to fight him.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:48 am

They traveled through the next, it went uneventful as He Fang Castle came into view. They came to the front gate, which was already open for them and they were greeted by the castle guard and stable boys taking the horses. As Aias jumped off a boy took the reins, and Aias slapped his hand down, "Never touch my horse." He said with a dangerous gleam in his eye. Guan Yi showed Aias the officer Stable where Aias' horse could rest and not be disturbed.

They then entered the keep, through the courtyard and into the massive castle. Food was set out for Guan Yi and Aias as they sat down. Guan Yi dismissed the guards. "We shall march in a week to Samsur..." as he said this, A scout came rushing in, being helped with two guards, an arrow in his left arm. "Wu Pang;s army is about 12 hours from here!" He said in pain. "Get him to the infirmary. Send out a call to the countryside, get the army assembled as soon as possible." Guan Yi ordered. "So it beings, Guan Yi?" Aias said eating an apple then sipping his wine. Guan Yi turned the him, "I suppose, I must prepare." Guan Yi said getting up. Aias grabbed him and pulled him down quickly. "Eat and relax, 12 hours, That means we have 11 hours and 59 minutes to prepare, and one cannot do well in battle hungered and thirsty." So they sat down and ate.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:26 pm

"40 thousand!!!" Guan Yi yelled, "I am afraid we wont be ready in time to draft that many. "You are right, we dont need 40 thousand, Alls i need is one thousand of your best troops." Aias said looking over the map of Guan Yi's territory. Guan Yi and his captains looked at the boy in amazement. "Look at this pass right here, they would have to bring there forces through here, or go around which would then give us another two days. Wu Pang doesnt want to wait it seems, he knows that you still have to draft more troops to fight. Allow me to take 1000 of your best soldiers, and we will stop at Rottsuka Pass." Aias declared. "We have only 1000 spearmen ready at this time." Guan Yi said sadly. "HA!!! Wonderful!!!" Aias said. "Have them ready to march in 20 minutes." Aias said leaving to go to his chamber and ready himself for war.

As he left, Guan Yi gave the order to the spearmen to be assembled. "Are you really going to let this boy lead 1000 men into a hopeless battle." A captain cried. "Yes I am, Do you have a problem with it?" Guan Yi said fiercely. "He is naught but 16!" The captain cried again. "Yes he is, and I saw that 16 year old BOY, take down a man twice his size and age in a single spear thrust, then i watched him deflect arrows with his sword while untyinh captured prisoners. Not to mention there was only one badger in that fortress he lived in that he could not defeat, and that was Ironclaw himself." Guan Yi said angerily walking out. He stopped at the door, and turned. "If you want to lead that army, go challenge that BOY for it." Guan Yi said leaving.

Soon the spearmen were ready, and waiting for Aias to come and lead them. Guan Yi brought Aias horse to him, Aias smiled at the old warrior. "Do you see other calvary? Lord guan Yi?" Aias asked smartly. "No, but the commander should be on his horse." Guan Yi said. "Well, its a good thing im not a commander then, I shall march, in the front, with the men." Aias declared. Guan Yi notted and went to the stables. " Oh yes, and My lord, Make sure you food ready for the men when we return." Aias said putting on his war helmet and started the march with the men. The pass was only a hour march. When they arrived in the pass, Wu Pangs army could be seen easily from the distance, marching straight for the pass. The pass was so narrow, that only 50 men could fit across. Then they were 20 deep. They formed up and were ready and patient. "I see I have gathered here with fellow brothers of the Spear....." He said all eyes on him now. "Today, I have called upon you, the greatest of the Samurians, I would be honored, if today, and forever you will valiantly fight by my side. I would rather fight besides you, then any army of thousands." He yelled. There was a loud clammer as the army smashed their spears into there Shields. "Were you trained in the formation Phalanx?" Aias asked a soldier in fornt of him. "Yes sir, this is what we specialized in being the only group of spearmen." He answered. "Very well." He then raised his voice. "Here they come, They have no doubt seen us, and laugh at what only a thousand men can do to their force. But they no not that today, they will go no further. Look at the man next to you, Tonight, he will be there, next to you drinking the sweet wine of victory. But alas, the enemy is here. Fear naught death, but only fear that your sheilds may be dented and your spear gone dull!!!!" Aias shouted as was the loud warcry from his spearmen.

Now the army was only 500 yards away. Aias saw Wu Pang and Diao Tian on horseback going to the center. Aias put up his spear and walked to the center meeting them there. Wu Pang smiled at the boy. "Is this what the great Guan Yi sent to face me, a mere child and a thousand spears." Wu Pang laughed. "HAHAHA!!!!! Thats good!!" Aias said quickly swinging his spear and slicing off the goatee of Wu Pang. Wu Pang backed up. "Careful boy! Put down your weapons and you will not be harmed. Aias turned and threw his spear, 100 yards the throw was!!!!! "There it is, go get it." Aias said drawing his sword. Wu Pang was in rage, " I will kill everysingle one of you!!!!" He shouted as he rode back to his forces. The whole time, the young and beautiful Diao Tian could not take her eyes off Aias.

Aias returned to his forces. "My lord, i dont think that was wise." A soldier said watching Aias pulled his spear from the ground. "Well, a wise man was never much of a warrior." Aias smiled as he said it. He turned across the pass. The front lines of the Wu Pang army began to march forward, almost into a full out sprint. The Battle was almost under way!
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:27 am

So Wu Pang sent his infantry to attack first. 10,000 of them charged at the 1000 spearmen. They came quickly, "Phalanx!!!" Aias yelled as all spears went at the angles they had been trained to go. This was disheartning to the infantry who now saw a wall of spears infront of them. But, to this demise, they charged, but when they came to the narrow passage they filed in with amazing speed. They smashed into the wall of deadly spears, many in the front row of the enemy army were brought down quickly. Aias's army did not try to push them forward, but they held their ground firm at the rushing infantry.

The swords and shields of Wu Pangs army were no where near good enough to get through the ranks. "PUSH!" Aias yelled. The entire phalanx pushed the desperate infantry back, step by step they stonpmed forward. Hundreds of infantry fell infront of the wall. So they fell into a disorderly retreat. Wu Pang was hoping for them to pursue, but Aias held them back. He walked out infront of his army and mocked Wu Pang. "Is this it, Wu Pang!!!!" Aias yelled. Wu Pang was blinded by rage when he heard this. "Archers, pour arrows down until there are none left." Wu Pang yelled. So the archers fired there arrows high into the sky. " Hold!!!" Aias said as the arrows left. When they came close enough he shouted the order and each man held up there shield over each other. Creating a black mas of shields in the middle of the pass.
Rao
Elite Guard

Return to Halls of Dereth