The Battle of 20 days

Postby Rao » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:50 pm

As the retreat of Kenshin's forces was underway back to, a soldier tripped over the sinkhole, slicing his boot right of his foot. The man was big, so he had no trouble picking the blade up. As three orcs came at him, he swung taking them all down in one swing. Renewing the mans spirit, he charged at the allied forces and joined his comrades in battle.

OCC~I dont know if that is exactly what you wanted.

Ritsu laid Kenshin down, Kenshin caught his breath and began to speak. "Since i knew how to hold a blade, i knew that i would not die in some glorious battle by an arrow, the armor i made could not be splintered. I knew, that one can never be the greatest warrior, there will always be someone great in strength, speed and endurance. I guess i have met my match, but this will be bad for my empire, who will lead them, my army has been annailated, my generals captured. MY son cannot lead my great nation, he is merely a boy." Kenshin said as blood came from his mouth. "I assure, Li Meng will be allowed to go home safely, with the rest of your army." Ritsu said. Kenshin smiled, " I guess this was a land of honor, I shall see you in the gardens of Innos, Ritsu Warblade." Kenshin coughed as he closed his eyes.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:50 am

Kharaukdhu gleamed with orcish blood, which quickly sank through the glass blade, leaving a red stain within it's hollow. The bloodstone within the tang glowed for a moment and then grew dark as the blood flowed over it.

The soldier heard a voice in the back of his mind, speaking with his own tongue. "That's right, kill 'em all! You can turn the tide!"

The blade thirsted, drinking deep as this one soldier began to take down orc after orc, strength and life flowing into the blade with each drop of blood spilled upon it. Soon the soldier wielding it felt himself fighting faster and harder, strength flowing from the sword into him.
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Ghostfire » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:20 am

As the elves surrounded Li Meng, Ghostfire opened his hands and his blades quickly went up. "The orders are to put this man on a ship and send him home, that is what we will do." Ghostfire announced. Ghostfire then left to the gate, where Ritsu and a few others, readily to charge out from the gate into the camp. "I am with you, Ritsu." Ghostfire whispered.
It lives where love has died..... this Ghostfire
Ghostfire
Traveler

Postby ChatOmbre » Fri Sep 17, 2004 5:29 pm

Rosa wandered through the battle, killing a few orcs here and there. She felt someone grab her, and struggled, trying to get free of their grasp. She snarled, wriggling feircely then suddenly becoming still, as if she'd accepted being caught. Exhaling, she closed her eyes, and the orc's grasp became tighter around her. He looked down to find her missing from his sight, and gasped as something cold slid across his throat. Rosa licked her claws clean, continuing to slay the nearby foes.
Queen of the PointyShiney

"Too much ink is drawn to describe and define love. Why describe it and define it? Take my hand and let's just take a ride through it. Love is... Love is... Let's just go for awhile, leaving ourselves for each other." --Mike Smith
ChatOmbre
Heroic Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:47 pm

CC turned his attention from the battles inside towards the battles outside. something that might amuse him more then jsut watching. so he flew up into the sky, above the battle raging below n plumeted straight down sword ready to smash whatever poor creature that was unlucky enough to b beneath him. now this is exciting he thought.
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:45 pm

Ritsu hit the lever for the main gate, as it opened, Kenshin troops stopped as they saw their leader dead at Ritsu's feet. In raged they charged at the 200 men but another charge by the allies and the recovering elite guard of Hebian soon cleared the gateway of Hebian and were now pushing Kenshins forces back into the sea.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Ghostfire » Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:56 pm

Ghostfire joined the charge as yet another battlion of Kenshin's forces joined as they tried to cover the rear of the retreating battlion, but there attack was useless. Lead by Ghostfire, Cragstone, and Ironclaw. The wolverines, badgers, and warriors of Cragstone ran through the army of Kenshin, pushing them back even more.
Ghostfire
Traveler

Postby Rao » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:48 pm

The Kenshin force was now in full retreat, they quickly boarded their ships and began their retreat back to their home continent. The Archers of Hebian let flaming volleys of arrows go as the many ships ignited into flames.
this continued until only the dead bodies and dead ships of the kenshin forces were seen and their ships sailed away into the night.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:49 pm

CC was having some fun slashing through the armies of kenshin. they were stronger ,unlike the weak orcs of this land. the men were much more of a challenge. though still nothing compared to any of the group.soon a pile of bodies had risen underneath him as he kept shouting out challenges to any man who thinks he could beat him...all coming to their death....

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Rao » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:06 pm

The dead body of Rao lay on the floor, surrounded by many warriors who had fought with Rao. Tears came to the eyes of many, and his body was brought to the middle of the city. Where thousands and thousands of people and soldiers gathered around the pyre of Rao. His body was put onto. Ritsu laid a coin on each of his eyes. Kamakazi was taken and given to Ritsu. "Today, a great battle was won." Ritsu said, tears in his eyes. "Let us not forget that many others have perished. But DERETH BELONGS TO US ONCE AGAIN!!!" He yelled as did everyone else in happiness. "Rao was the greatest warrior the world has ever seen, and well be the greatest that will ever be. He is now in the gardens of Innos, feasting. Tonight, we will do the same. Tonight, we will drink are wine and ale, feast on tender meat and bed are women. We will remember Rao and the others who perished in this battle to keep these lands ours!!!!" Ritsu shouted as did the rest of the army.

So this was the battle of 20 days, for 20 days, Dereth and Kenshin's army battled upon the shores of Dereth. For 20 days, the world feasted, and the world was united under the banner of Innos. Hebian was rebuilt, by the dwarves. Ossilgath was completly torn down and replanted and with the magic and prayer, Adanos the god of Fertility turned those parts into a flourishing land of hills and forest and the darkness was gone, forever. While the batle for Dereth was going on, Innos and Adanos captured the three lords of darkness and imprisoned them in the void for eternity. Three temples were built, one for Rao, one for Tao Lu and one commenmorating the battle won over Kenshin's forces. They were built on a large hill, in the lands of the Elves. The underworld was sealed by the powers of Innos. Good had conquered over darkness and peace was about the land of Dereth. For a while... Oh yeah, Cleo is pregant!!!!.

OCC~ This is where you can basically do your own thing, the main story is over for a while, so have fun. I will leave this thread open for anything you want to do after the battle. But this thread is dead for fighting.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:07 am

CC rejoiced for the 20 days and feasted with many of his comrades from battle and from days long past.for 20 days he was merry n joyful, celebrating the victory over darkness n the peace which was restored to dereth.but after that 20 days he went off by himself to mourn for those lost in the war n for rao his once great sensei who had at one point rejected his once great n noble princibles and turned to the dark side but in the end had returned to the man CC had once respected n followed and that was the man he was mourning the death of, Rao Warblade.

neero is my master

chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Ghostfire » Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:40 pm

For 20 days, Ghostfire feasted. Getting to know many warriors who had fought in the war. He said many prayers for Rao during these days, for the funeral games lasted 20 days also.
Ghostfire
Traveler

Postby Tar-Herunole » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:56 pm

The horn of Erelen, Elensulrasse, the Starwind, resounded in all the Elvenland, from Hebian to Khadrim and to the coast... the old cities of Nanto and Hebian-to were rebuilt to their former greatness and new trade routes were established with all corners of the continent....
The city of Khadrim became a nurturer of science, technology and wisdom where Humans, Elves, Dwarves, Magicians and all other sentient races met to share their knowledge...
A long period of peace and prosperity had begun...
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Dracofrost » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:58 pm

The soldier who had claimed the sword Kharaukdhu was among the forces which retreated, but he was not so lucky as some. The sword took over him those 20 days ago, had made him run straight back into the Archers of Hebian. He actually managed to take one down before falling, looking more like a pincushion than a man, and leaving the sword, green with orc blood.

It would be handled, dealt with however battle salvage or loot is dealth with..
Dracofrost
Frost Drake
Frost Drake

Postby Neerowolf » Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:30 pm

Neero returned on the 5th day of celebration, after being reunited with all of the sacred artifacts of Neerowolf. Finally he had successfully found his equipment, but he was sad that he missed out on the battle. Not for long, however, when a young girl walked by him.
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Halls of Dereth