The Council of Khadrim

Postby Rao » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:56 am

Rao turned to Trevet then back to Erelen. "Erelen, you cease to amaze me." Rao laughed. "The prophecy is nothing!!! It has been succomed to nothing, The light stands no chance in the face of darkness, The world was covered once, but by a weaker darkness, one that the world could resist. I will kill everything last one of you, there will be no rebels, no resistance, only darkness. That child that is part of me will not live to see his growing years. Beliar, Rauko Thaur, Bael'Zharon, all perished at the flick of my hand, why cant you see it is useless to fight, Erelen, The old Rao is dead, come, bring your high elves to the darkness, be beborm again, the kingdom of Khadrim stretches only to the city limits, join me and they will stretch to the northern and southern coast, I will grant you the power of darkness for eternity, together, Erelen, We can take the heavens, Innos himself cannot stop us. You say you are my friend, join me, my friend." Rao raised his hand to be shoke by Erelen king of khadrim.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:16 pm

"Look around you Rao, I am not your only friend here. CC risked the rage of Asheron in order to follow you and take you back from Hell. Wolfie was your faithful wife, even when she knew your condition of Fire Warrior meant eternal loneliness for her. Apollo put all the hope of his young heart in you, and you know well how Lord Khadrim trusted you to go to the Training Grounds to bring all of them here. You see all of them here. Only Tao Lu is not now with you, and you know that he didn't want it this way.

Well, this is the friendship I am talking about, the friendship of the ones who love you, and will risk their lives for what it is good for you. And this is the friendship you will betray if you turn to darkness. Look to the only one who pays allegiance to you. Isn't him the one who would have betrayed his friends, the one who was a pathetic orc when alive, and now not even that when dead. Doesn't that make you reconsider?

Look also in the hearts of the people in this room. This is maybe the last time that you will find not fear but love. And grieve for the one we hold as our older brother is turning to the same nothingness of Trevet.

I don't blame you for not trusting the prophecy. In my own words I showed my distrust. Fate is a strong wind that pushes events to happen, but every man is master of his own will, and man’s skill and will, like the seamanship and valor of the sailor, can lead the ship even against the wind. I give you that, and I also give you that, in your strength and courage, you may be the greatest sailor Dereth has seen.

But in the same fabric of the world, there are laws that no men can break, and every action has its reaction. With the prophecy or without, I foresee you will regret it, if you leave us now and turn to darkness.

If it's power and empire what you seek, I do not object, for your skills and valor deserve it. You could be the emperor of light, and have the whole Dereth praise you with creations of beauty and kindness. But if you want to be a Dark Lord, you would get nothing but fear and betrayal, and your own actions would turn against you.

About me, I didn't come to Dereth in search of power or domain. Even the ruling of this city was not for me sought, but freely given. I am not here to use the city to fill my pride and glory, but to serve its citizens as its King and ruler, and I am only King for the promise I gave to Lord Khadrim. I have no intention of extending my rule if it is not for improving the lives of the ones that freely fall under my command, and I will never do it just not to enslave them in chains of darkness.

And even above my Kingship, I am son of my father who died defending the light, and a Elf of the House of Fingolfin, to the positive Powers of nature I am tied, and that way I will remain.

Look at my heart. I am free of fear. Not because I think I can defeat you, but because I have a gift no one will take away from me. For I have my pride and my freedom. And the freedom to do what is right, and to choose death if death is the right path. And that gift of freedom and pride is greater than any kingdom on Earth.

Now Rao, come to the side where your friends await you, or risk being Lord of death and not of life.”
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Thomas_Salsbury » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:23 pm

OOC: ><=Vortex in Torque's head and I be starting something here, now.

IC: Torque looked at the going ons, with mixed feelings. He had recently been tought not to trust anyone, and now he was starting to understand.

> Ah, it seems as though we have missed a lot.< the voice chuckled.> Rao may now be in my domain, but he won't have a chance to do something drastic.....at least not before me.< he laughed inside of Torque's head.

'Who or WHAT are you?' he thought.

> Just you watch. First say "Oklegh"<

' Oklegh' he thought, then a second later, he doubled over, screaming in pain. Everyone looked at him, Rao amused. The small horns on Torque's head then grow larger, and his hair changed blonde and shoulder length. Demon wings sprouted from his back and his eyes turned red and his voice changed to something only a few people remembered.

He stood up straight, and a javelin appeared in his hand. He looked up, now transformed.

"Hahaha...' he chuckled to Rao." Bravo! I don't know the WHOLE story, but I think I like the new you....if I didn't despise your guts." he scowled. He grabbed up his lavelin, and walked over to Rao, nose-to-nose.

" I'll be seeing you. This is boring." he said, and vanished in a puff of smoke.

OOC: What would I do here any way?
Thomas_Salsbury
Recruit

Postby Rao » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:02 pm

Rao grinned at Torque, blowing smoke in Torques face. "I suggest you back away before i Feel the urge to kill you." Rao said as he laughed. Warhammer and Ironclaw entered the room. Warhammer took hold to his massive hammer and hissed, "So Rao, are the murderer of Tao Lu?", "No, I am." Degamra said. "Do you have a problem with that Warhammer? Cause settling it would fine with me." Degamra said staring at the wolverine. Thorsten stood up, "What is to not stop us from killing the three of you, right now?" Thorsten shouted holding his battle axe. "Well, you could try, but ahem...... my friend, who i beleive you all know, wouldn't let that happen." Rao grinned as he pulled open his long black trench coat, a black hilt was revealed, Kamikaze slowly came out, untouched by Rao. "Now, Are you going to allow us to leave, or are we going to allow ourselves to leave." Rao laughed. All who had thoughts of attacking soon stood down, "I will see you on the field, Erelen, Where you will meet your fate of death, perhaps Innos will have pity for you. That goes for all of you, One by one I will bring your cities under my control. Enjoy your rule while it lasts," Rao said as Kamikaze returned to its scabbard and Degamra and Trevet followed out the door.

AFTER RAO'S EXIT

"It is not Rao," Tsu said. "I beleive the corruption of his mind has imprisoned his good side, and now only leaves the hatred of his childhood and the loss of many friends." Tsu said. Dyche then spoke," I beleive we will have a long hard road ahead, He will re train his armies and turn them into warriors, no longer will heros and legendary warriors help to win battles. It will now be a team effort." Dyche said. "Also Rao himself, Who can match him in battle, in stradegy and combat. He is a force that darkness hasnt had. Who can defeat him?" Dyche cried. Tsu then smiled, "I think I know one that will be able too." Tsu said holding onto a newborn baby....
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:57 pm

cc listened to all that was said n he pondered it in his head. he did not want rao to be evil he did not want to be evil himself but he must stay by his sensais side thru whatever choice he makes so cc stood up n walked out the door without saying a word following his sensai remorse on covered his face....
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Wolfie » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:11 pm

wolfie stood up and walked to the door Im going to follow him and kill him, goodbye

*stupid* ((BORED)) ((lol))
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:50 pm

" Anyway, we cannot wait or a baby to the the work of a man, and much less the work of a whole army. I do not doubt he is our only hope, but Rao was right. The prophecy would be only fulfilled if we fulfilled it ourselves. We cannot stand here and let Rao destroy have of the world until this baby is ready to play its part. We must do whatever is in our hands to defend Dereth.

First we need to know if there is a way to take Rao back to our side, or at least to harness his might. Karras, Serpentes, do you know anything about it? And why do you think Degamra turned to the darkside so easily?

Second we have to organize the campaign. Our armies are ready and well trained. At least as well trained as their orcs would ever be. Even with the best trining , aaaaaaan orc will never surpass a well trained man of Samsur, a wolverine or a high elv. Maybe it is time to attack them, now that their troops are still confused and unprepared. Or maybe it's time to make sure that our tropps are really the best trained. What do yo, wise captains have to say about it?"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Apr 19, 2004 2:53 am

Serpentes stood up, "The only way to free Rao is to kill him, Dian and Lu Bu are the most capable of this. Rao may be evil as Beliar, but he will fight one on one, Dian or Lu Bu, which one of you will challenge Rao?" Serpentes asked. Dian stood as did Lu Bu, Dian motioned him to sit, Lu Bu did so, only due to the fact he knew Dian and Rao were great friend. "I will kill this evil that has plagued Rao, if he cant be with us, he can be with Innos." Dian declared as he left.

Tsu was still holding the baby, "You may want to reconsider the wait, for there is an interesting advantage we have. This baby as you may know is no ordinary baby, he will grow exactly 1 year in one month, there for, in two years, he will be full grown, as for his ageing, we are not sure, Rao is not human, he is still unknown in what race or background, but waiting is better, Rao wont attack large cities until he brings the smaller ones under his control." Tsu said. "Does the baby have a name?" Dyche. Tsu grinned, "Ritsu the Blade...." He said. His sword has already arrived from Adanos, but no one can look upon first until Ritsu does." Tsu said. "Adanos beleives we should wait, train, then attack." Tsu said. Many agreed with him.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Mon Apr 19, 2004 3:40 am

after hearing and seeing all of this Apollo cocked his head and said "if that baby is our only hope then i think we should wait, and some one should go after wolife and stop her from getting killed. also i thing that my father might be of great help in this time of crises he is no great genral but he is a great swordsmen."
Kings start the war... archers win the war.

Emissary of the PointyShiney
Captain of the Guard and Lord Marshal of the Archers of the pointy shiny
Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 19, 2004 12:02 pm

"Your words sound wise and the valor and generosity of Dian and Lu Bu are heroic. Our prayers will go with Dian.
However,if I agree that waiting and training is wise, we cannot leave the small towns to its own luck. We should find ways to evacuate civilians quickly in case of attack.
Also, I am still worried about the easy turn of Degamra to the dark side. Do you know why he turned evil? Would it be wise to send Lu Bu to kill him as well as the other generals of Rao?

Myself I would suggest that all of you start right now preparing your troops for the new kind of battles we will face. Lord Dyche, if you please, take control of Khadrim and train my soldiers as you train yours.

I will dissapear for a while, but the magicians will know where to find me. I will become a ranger again, and secretely help the small cities and towns attacked.

If you have no objection I will depart in two hours."
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Apr 19, 2004 5:24 pm

"I shall do so, Erelen." Dyche said. "You must remember Erelen that Degamra was never good, he is a killer, of humans, orcs , anything. But alas, I am afraid that we know of no one who can match Degamra in battle, or combat, his skills exceed any of those. I would not suggest Lu Bu doing this, we have a better chance of fighting Rao's armies then fighting him." Serpentes said looking at Lu Bu. He noticed the sad look on the face of Lu Bu. "What is wrong, my friend." Serpentes asked concered. "I dont think Dian can beat him." He said regrettably.

"I will take the baby, and he will train under me til he comes of age, no one will know where we are, I wish you all luch until the next time I see you." Tsu said, with Ritsu in his arms, he left.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:11 pm

"if you really think Dian can beat Rao, then his sacrifice is senseless. We would have better use of you fighting with us Dian. Nonetheless, only you know of your true power and of Rao's. Yours it is the last word!"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:52 pm

"We dont Rao's true power, you saw him in the underworld, the destruction he caused, that was only using the power of fire, now he has all elements, including the vile black magic, to stop we dont know how to yet, alas, we must wait for Ritsu, so holding him off for nowis a necessity, going to Ossilgath would be4 bad, cua his power is without limits, are best chance is bringing him out, to the light, to stop him. But still he has powers beyond ours." Serpentes admitted. Lu Bu still saddened, "I need to go with Dian, he cant do this alone," Lu Bu cried.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:12 am

"My advise is that you should go with Dian and bring him back. Doesn't make sense to lose both of you in a futile fight. Soon the armies of Ossilgath will be swarming again our lands. Your experience and strength would be better use defending the people of Dereth and defeating Rao's generals"

And now I must leave. I hoep to see you all again when the time of Ritsu has come."
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:14 am

Everyone then departed to do there own things has the time for preparations began.
Rao
Elite Guard

Previous

Return to Halls of Dereth