The Dereth Times

The Dereth Times

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:36 pm

Well this will be a thread were everybody can write articles to update people on what's going on the different threads. I will try to keep it updated, but other people is also welcome to contribute.
The rules here are:
1) No SPAM, including no comments about the articles. Only articles themselves. If you disagree with someone's view in an article, please PM the person so he can edit the post.
2) Also no questions. PM the author or use the OCC thread to ask what's going on. This should be kept as a journal of what happens, not as a dialogue.
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Dev » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:08 pm

So this is gonna be like a newspaper and in it, is everything that happens in Dereth.....right?
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:55 pm

SRC (Something-really-cool) is right! Right here only articles and summaries of what's going on. For example this same question:
Something-really-cool wrote:So this is gonna be like a newspaper and in it, is everything that happens in Dereth.....right?

SHould have been posted in the OCC thread. I will read the questions and reply them, but in this thread I would like only the news, so people can read it quickly without being interrupted by people's comments and questions.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:18 pm

Quick account of the current status of affairs in Dereth
By : The Mountain Hermit (aka “the fool on the hill”)

My dear readers,

You will wonder who I am. I am the Hermit of the Mountain, I am the person who inside my cave in the tallest of the Mountains of Dereth writes down all the history. How do I know about the History? Well that is a mystery to myself as I am blind and cannot see. But somehow things come to my head as they happen, and I just write them down. I know everything about History, with only one exception: My own history. I only know Adanos created me and gave me this dwelling, but I have no recollections of my youth or how I became to be who I am. But let’s not delay any longer the writing of the history…

Dereth faces his destiny in a series of events that had never been so pivotal and important for its fate since the times of the war of the Gods (when Asheron killed Beliar to revenge the assassination of his father Innos)

The following seven articles will make a quick recount of the status of affairs.
Last edited by Tar-Herunole on Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:31 pm

The Magnificent Four” Mon 5th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

Great battles are taking place or would take place in the three fronts, but the place where the fate of Dereth is really at stake is in the center of Ossilgath, where Rao, Tao Lu, Degamra and Tsu are going to face the ultimate of the quests. They have entered the City of Palac’e floating up to the sky, where the thrones of the Dark Lords are said to be found.

Most of the things we can comment about this Quest are part of the Legend, as they have entered the fortress, and everything there is dark and mysterious. Nonetheless, my privileged sources have informed that the evil Belian has managed to separate them (as the Legend foretold) and each one will have to face a different quest on his own.

Our last news come from the quest that Tsu, the assassin sent by Adanos, is facing. Nothing disturbs Tsu, nothing makes him fear, and every wise being must however fear him. But there is one exception. Tsu hates spiders. And that is what he has found behind the door he has crossed alone. Spiders the size of bulls, even big as elephants. Tsu has regained his valor and slain many. But know he is between the spiders, sent by Belian and the wall…

More is to come in further days…
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:22 pm

The dark tsunami: battling in the three fronts” Mon 5th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

While heroes and Dark Lords measure their strength in Palac’e, The dark armies attempt to flood Dereth. Millions of orcs, trolls, demons and other monsters have been sent to conquer or destroy Dereth.

Nonetheless, The Alliance of the Free people, leaded by the Counsel of Fire, is ready to hold their push in three different fronts: Samsur, Hebian and Khadrim.

These three fronts are the place were young adventurers would be welcomed and will have opportunities to show their worth and learn more about the art of war!
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:30 pm

“The First Front: An easy battle for Samsur”Mon 5th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

In the first front, the Samurians are leaded by Shang, their new emperor and his four wise and renowned generals. Lord Ironclaw and the young Kyan, leading the army of Lugians and Wolverins have come to their support. Together they are one million men strong, and they are ready to face the invading dark army, which advances with 1.500.000 orcs. Even outnumbered, the Alliance of the Free is confident of an easy victory, as the worth of the Samurians is well know, and the Lugians and Wolverines are in justice feared by the orcs.

The battle has not started yet.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:34 pm

“The Second Front: Archers in the Siege of Hebian” Mon 5th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

Another dark army of one and half million creatures is heading for the Port city of Hebian. There, Lord Dyche and the valiant heroes Apollo, the Draw and Rosa, the mysterious women have prepared the siege with ships armed with cannons and wonderfully trained elf archers…And Lord Cragstone has come to their help with half of the army of Endor, ready to face them in the walls… or even in the plains!

Nonetheless, the battle would be for long remembered, either with sadness or with glory, as the forces of the Alliance are heavily outnumbered!

The battle has not begun yet, but Apollo and Dyche are ready and prepared to defend the city.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Dev » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:09 am

"A Small Adventure For Diego" Tues 6th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

Diego starts his first little adventure of Dereth. Everyone seems to hate him. Diego encounters a Boar, a leader samurai, and a Gnoll that wipes out Diego's power then 5 goblins that piss him off. Ever since that day he killed that samurai, everyone seems to try and destroy Diego. Now, that leader's own samurai warriors are looking for Diego to avenge his death. Diego ran from the samurai warriors but it was a run to get captured. He was too late, he was captured. Now he is being sent to He Fang Castle.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Rao » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:48 pm

So Dian has come to the world, at the beckoning of Adanos. It seems the god of water and neutrality has realized we need more than a few warrior to help us in our perilous time.

I love Dynasty warriors, and i have been changing alot of the names of warriors on their way to help, to DW4 names. Lu Bu as come, so we all know it is asskickin time.

A secret army has been formed, but I wont elaborate til later.

Khadrim as been winning, but they are now flanked by over half a million orcs. That is what i have been meaning to tell you, Herunole. Another Ossilgath army is coming to one of your flanks, but i will let control that army.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Dev » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:06 am

"The Devil Has Found Someone Who Has Surpassed His Power!" Wed 7th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

Looks like Diego is sent to He Fang Castle! Samurians were cursing at Diego, making the Dev Sword full of power. The Devil has come inside him... giving fire in his eyes and ultimate power. As Diego strikes, a mysterious figure comes. His name is Lu Bu, one of the last Dynasty warriors. Lu Bu decides for Diego that his fate will be decided at Kuan Ping where war has started.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:13 pm

The third front: Fight of cunning in the Kuan Ping” Wed 7th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth
By : The Mountain Hermit (aka “the fool on the hill”)

I will continue here telling of the different stories going on Dereth.

A third army aimed to siege again the city of Khadrim. It’s new King, Erelen, was confident about the improved defenses of the city, but preferred to take the initiative this time. In one side he wanted to spare the fields of Khadrim the plague of the Dark Armies. But in the other side he knew he needed a quick and painless victory in order to assist Hebian as Hebian had assisted Kadhrim before.
He set then a cunning strategy. The perfect ambush in the KuanPing, the pass in the mountains that connects the hinterland of Khadrim with the plains of Ossilgath.

The Dark Lords knew of the strength and the power of Khadrim, and they hated Erelen dearly, so they first sent two million orcs, instead of the million and a half that had marched to the other fronts. But also they sent the Goraque, the terrible killer of Tao Lu to kill Erelen. Luckily CC was around, and thanks to the valor and coordination of CC and Erelen’s attacks the mighty assassin was defeated and beheaded.

Meanwhile the plan started to take place. First, Vantras, the wizard of Water, threw a powerful storm of wind and storm against the Dark Army. Have you ever been in the top of a mountain when the storm is at it worst? 400.000 men, including many trolls died under the snow, of cold, or pushed by the wind down the mountain.

As they were marching down the KuanPing, another surprise awaited the dark army. An immense avalanche of rocks killed 200.000 men and divided the dark army in two. In one side the 300.000 men of the rearguard and all the siege machines were isolated from the main fighters. There CC leaded the 15.000 “good” orcs of the Wilderlands and a small company of elite light infantry of Khadrim. In a lightning charge, they massacred the 300.000 men

In the other side of the wall created by the avalanche of rocks, the surprised main body thought first the avalanche was another unfortunated attack from nature. But soon they came out of their mistake when the artillery of Khadrim and the Magicians of the Circle of Fire started to pound projectiles and spells on them. Another 200.000 men have been already slain while Khadrim keeps on throwing hell on the orcs.

The 800.000 left are fleeing now and Khadrim has set another ambush with the help of the Dwarf troops of Belgost and the Elves of the Forest.

Erelen had the hope of exterminating the whole invading army without much loss of men. So far he has achieved his objective, killing 1.200.000 without loosing one man. But the winds may be changing as the Dark High Commander has called on his support secret reinforcements.

Also Erelen kept the Endorian army at bay to defend the city in case of need. Who will take the next winning move in this battle of cunning moves and deathly surprises?
Last edited by Tar-Herunole on Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:38 pm

The awakening of the Draconians” Wed 7th Apr 2004 Year of the Earth

The battle of Draconia is over. Thanks to the sacrifice of many of the Draconians and the help of the orcs of the Wilderlands, the battle was won.

Now the new King of the Draconians, Battlefrost has to weight its priorities. The Draconians are a race of dragon like creatures, smaller but braver than their cousins the evil Dragons. They were created by Adanos in the first ages of the World, to help fight the powerful and evil dragons. But after the victory of Asheron, they had been dormant under the mountain of Draconia. Now the call of fate is upon them again.

Battlefrost has to decide if going to war or reconstruct first its Kingdom. His forces are not as powerful as in the ancient days, as her sister has betrayed them and many of the draconians, including King Kulgin, BF’s father were slain in the battle. But they are still valorous and they are sure going to be a powerful ally!
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:09 pm

An Ace on the Alliance sleeves: An adventure in Uzuz

After his intensive training in the Monsatery of Fire, Jericho “Ace” Walker has gone in a secret and dangerous mission to the city of Uziz in the dead lands. There, he is convincing secretly the new King to turn sides in the middle of the battle and support the Alliance!
Last edited by Tar-Herunole on Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:08 am

“The coming of the Dinasty Warrior: Dian”

Last time we spoke about Tsu, he was surrounded by the enormous spiders, his weak point. Belian made the mistake of mocking tsu. Tsu knew the legend had reserved for him a higher role than dying surrounded by Spiders, so he called his brother Dian.
Dian just came down from the heavens where Adanos had given him a mission. He came down and destroyed the spiders… now Tsu has to follow his path, but Dian, the greatest warrior on Earth is heading towards the KuanPing, where the battle is coming to its decisive moment!
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Next

Return to Halls of Dereth