The secret mission of Jericho Walker

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:48 pm

With a certain and quick movement he launched the grapple up into the wall. Made sure of its strength he climbed with safe pulse. A few guards were playing cards in the tower near by, and no one seemed to be looking so he quickly took back the rope and quickly moved to the stairs near by.

The streets of Uzuz were quiet. He found a shadowy corner and he pulled put the map. The palace was not very far from his current position, but it would be safer to move through the rooftops…. It was not difficult to climb. From the top of the building he was now, he could see the tall tower of the palace. Again there was not much guard. Ace thought that Erelen was probably right when he said the Azraks would be demoralized and not willing to fight for Ossilgath anymore after the defeat in Endor, and the treason form the Dark Lords they had received as a reward for their many deaths…
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:34 am

Step, step, step, jump! Step, step, Jump! Live a shadow, jumping from roof to roof, until he got close to the palace. There was an ample space around the palace, so there would be no way of jumping. Besides, the esplanade was guarded enough to make it impossible to climb to a window with the rope. He would have to think another way…
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:25 am

A cart approached the main gate of the palace.
“What are you binging in this time, old Zerko?” asked mockingly the main guard
“Wine and water amphorae. As usual” replied happily Zerko, the old driver.
“And you have tested as usual that there is no poison in the wine as I can see” laughed the guar poking the driver’s red cheeks.
“Yeah, my profession is a dangerous one” replied pretending to sound serious the driver.
“let us help you with the testing!” shouted another guard in the back.
“Keep the distance and let me in!, Or have you already forgotten what happened last time you guys drank half of the wine even before getting to the cellar?”
“yeah, let Zerko in” said the Guard captain sadly
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:49 pm

Ace, soaked in red wine, shook like a wet dog while licking his red lips…
“Nobody told me this adventure was about getting wet!” he thought smiling. “Luckily I saved some of the magic mushroom. Now I have to find the way to the King’s dwellings from this cellar!”
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:29 pm

Well, that was not exactly what the people in the Monastery of Fire will call a magic solution… but he was sure it would work. He first got into the water deposit to clean his wine odor and stains. Then he broke one old wooden barrel and made a small fire where he awaited to be dried. Then took a jar and filled it with wine… This did not looked as a very sophisticated palace and probably the servants did not have any particular way of dressing. He just made sure of hide all his weapons from sight , and started to walk the palace in search of the King of the Azraks.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:53 pm

The more sumptuous dwellings were in the third, the highest floor. That was enough a clue for Ace, but still he had to find the Kings room. As he walked through the corridor, and just when turning in a corner he faced two sentinels. Too late to hide.

“Where are you going?”
“ The Wine master sends me to offer the young King to try the new wine arrived from beyond the mountains!” quickly improvised Ace.“Why is he not coming himself as ususal?”
“The wine is too good, and do please not tell the King, but my master tried a little to much and is feeling indisposed” improvised Ace once again, while feeling how a cold sweat condensed in his back.
“Ok, come inside. But tell your master to save some of the wine for us. You owe us.” Said the guard while opening the door they were guarding.“ As you say will be done” said Ace with a smile. Luck had shown him the way to the Throne room.

The throne room was full of chairs and ornated shields and armors, but not much gold, silver or jews could be found. Uziz was a poor Kingdom, always surrounded my mean orcs allies and under the heavy taxes that Rauko Thar had imposed on them.

“Your Majesty, I bring you a cup of wine that will taste like unexpected and sweet news for you”

The King seemed to be quite worried. He was very young, and he was dressing in black, mourning the death of his uncle and of much of his friends that had died in the battle against the Endorians. They had come to help the orc cities, but they had been severely beaten. Rauko Thaur had treasoned them again. He had left them alone in the battle claiming to have run out of men. And now he could see he had still millions of orcs to send for a new war. Besides, now he was the only left in his family: His cousins and his auntie had been assassinated by Rauko Thaur.
He was just awaiting his moment. Now Rauko Thaur had kept him as a leader to lead the Azraks as reserve forces for the dark army. But he knew once the war would be over, he would not like any leader who could throw shadow on him, and he would be assassinated like the others.
But surrounded by spies and with no allies to go to, he could not do anything but wait.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:59 pm

“Freely and confident you talk in front of the King foreign servant, and I haven’t seen you earlier in this Court. Why hasn’t the Master Cook brought the wine himself as usual?” asked the King

“If you allow me, your majesty…” and before anybody could react he was close enough to the King as to speak to him without being heard by anyone else. He explained him who he was and that he came in secret mission from Khadrim. He asked him for an occasion to talk to him in private.

“Hahaha” laughed loudly the King.”The good old Cook. Always drinking “a little” too much” continued as the rest of the Court joined his laughing. ”You are a funny character, young servant, please come to my room when the meeting of the Court has ended. I want to hear more of your stories!”
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:48 pm

Ace went to the room of the King of the Azraks. There, after making sure nobody was listening to them. He explained them that the King Erelen, in name of the Alliance was ready to offer him and his people protection and new lands, if he joined secretly the alliance. For that purpose, he should join the reinforcements that were departing from Ossilgath to Khadrim, and turn against the Dark Army in the middle of the battle!
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Previous

Return to Halls of Dereth