The long road to Khadrim... The Third Front

The long road to Khadrim... The Third Front

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:01 pm

OOC: Let Rao's be the first front with Degamra and Apollo. That is probably the most important front anyway. The second will be Hebian, as there is already a thread for it. This will be the third front, the defense of Khadrim. Although Erelen has some plans to gain the upper hand and don't let the Orcs even arrive to Khadrim. Let's hope his strategy work, so his forces can help in the other fronts, where the fredom allies would be as well outnumbered!

Post here if you want to join Erelen and CC in this front. I wuld help you to find and adequate and important role in the battle!
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:09 pm

Riding on Mornaur, Erelen quickly reached the Camp of Khadrim, where he gathered the most loyal and valiant Generals. And so he laid the plan for the Campaign:

Tsu, the servant from Adanos has already come to us, and that only can mean the enemy is already marching. From our spies and from the wizards we know they are 4 or 5 million. Now we have to guess their strategy, because on that may lay our victory or our defeat. They don’t move on wisdom, because if that was the case they would have awaited to the summer as it was their plan. I believe master Rao deeds have forced them to change their plans, and therefore they move in wrath and fear, and none of them are good counsellors.

If they moved in wisdom, they would concentrate all their forces in one point, and try to defeat the Samurians, the Lugians, and Rao and Degamra. If they won that battle, our fall would have been a question of time. But they move in haste, in rage and fear, and they will probably try to expand as a blanket. They will send their armies in three arms through the three mountain roads to the Samurians, to Khadrim and to Hebian. The eagles have confirmed that point, although we are not sure yet of the concrete numbers that will go to each front. However, we can count that both Khadrim and Hebian will have to face from one million to one million and a half each. Again that is a mistake in their part, as they don’t know that Khadrim walls have been reinforced, its gate is now unbreakable, and we have devised powerful artillery. Either with 800.000 or with two million, the only thing they could do is siege us forever. They had better send more men to the Samurian.

And here I would explain you my secret plan, which nobody must know, for we may have spies. I can see now with my magic, and with the power I acquired by fighting wih Asheron in the underworld, that all your hearts and aureas are of good and loyal friends, but just in case each of you will only know a little, and only myself and CC will know the whole.

And then talking with letting each general know only about his part he explained the strategy:

We could wait for the orcs in Khadrim. That would be a safe move, but our objective is not to win the battle, but to win the war.
Therefore we want to have a quick victory with minimum loses of men and of time, so we can pay back Rao and the Lugians or most probably Dyche in Hebian, coming to their support.

You will wonder how we are going to win over a force that so blatantly outnumbers us in such a quick and efficient way. Well, we must take advantage of their weakness, and right now, their main weakness is their haste and their fears.

In the road from Ossilgath to Khadrim they have to go through three points were the road gets complicated. The first is Kuanping, the Pass of the Ossilgath Mountains that leads to Khadrim. During winter it’s impossible to cross, and it’s not until the month of Lechzu when the snow melts. So we still have 12 days more or less until they cross that pass. Any other route would take months, and the eagles have confirmed they march towards Kuanping. Even in early spring this is a dangerous place, for the weather is cruel with the travellers. Through the history, even great generals have underestimated the effect of the weather, and RaukoThaur will not be an exception. The sooner they cross the pass, the more men they will loose there. But just to make sure this is the case, the Venerable Master Vatras, Magician of Water, will make sure they find the worst tempest ever, and he will revenge the destruction of old Nanto. They will lose around 20% of their men there 200.000 to 300.000. And what will be worst for them, their morale and their logistics will be severely damaged.

After that, the path becomes a little swifter, until the end of the mountains. There the road passes between a mountain wall and some hills full of forest with a steep pendant. There we will hold the first attack. Look at this map (see map below) Reven, CC, and the Orcs from the Wilderlands will hide in the forest of the hills (A) , while we will situate much of our heavy artillery in the caves that lie in the top of the mountain wall (B). All of them would be invisible both from land or air to the incoming army. We will set as well explosives at the foot of the hills (*) and at the most narrow part of the road (%) When the dark army comes, we will let them go through the narrow part. We will let the vanguard go through, and we will let most of the body of their army go through. But just when the back of their army, including all their logistics ( most ammunitions and machines, and all their food) is before the narrow point (in C) we will make the explosives (%) explode (1), and a rain of big rocks will follow on the back of the main body of their army. This will not only kill around 150.000 of them in itself, but also create a rock wall that isolates the back of their army from the main body and vanguard. In that moment, Reven and CC will charge from the forests with toe Orcs of the Wilderlands (2). They will have an easy task, as the most powerful of their warriors are in the vanguard or in the main body. Meanwhile, the main body will be punished (3) by our artillery in D, and because of the cliffs, they would not be able to attack us. Furthermore, most of their machines would be lost in C, so they will not be able to respond to our fire. They will only be able to run forward to the forest road. As the explosives *** and the steepness of the hills will prevent them to hide on the hills.

At this moment they will have lost 200.000 to 300.000 in the storm of KuanPing, plus 150.000 in the rock avalanche (1), plus 200.000 on CC and Reven (2), plus 150.000 under our heavy artillery (3). Altogether, a total of 700.000 to 800.000 with very little losses in our part. However they would still outnumber us. Nonetheless, as important as having slain more than half of their army will be that we will have left them at that moment fleeing disorderly and in disarray. The only way that they can escape is the way forward, towards Khadrim and through the Road of the Dark Forest.

As they run into the narrowest of the Road, CC and Reven will pursue them through the forest and we will move our artillery into the dark forest (4).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tar-Herunole on Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:10 pm

And that is how we come to the last attack: the Dark forest. When the dark army reaches G, CC will attack again (5). Their strongest units that would be facing Khadrim will have to turn back, and that will increase their panic and disorganization. And in that moment the remaining of our artillery will bomb them in G from F (6). As they arrive, the artillery that was in B will join them. Any of them who tries to take cover in the forest, would be slain by the Wood elves, who are also our allies. The wood elves are not good fighters in the cities or in the plains, but within the forest, not even a strong troll would be able to escape them. In this mayhem, the gross of our army will charge (7) first with Khadrim’s cavalry, and then with Belgost infantry and Khadrim’s infantry. This charge will take them again by surprise, while they are trying to orient their attack towards CC. I don’t think they will resist much.
Just in case, the troops form Endor will await between Khadrim and the Dark Forest, to help if needed, or to cover our retreat if things go wrong. The Palace guard will stay in Khadrim as well to prepare the last defence if needed.

If Battlefrost comes in time as expected with his Draconians, they will hide with the artillery and assist us as needed.

Hopefully, we will finish them fourteen to fifteen days from now, depending on how soon they decide to cross the KuanPing. We will still have one week to come in support of Hebian (or Rao if they turn to be the ones who do need help!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Mon Mar 15, 2004 6:25 pm

Trevet Arrived at Kahadrim and had the plan explained to him (after a long explination that he was on their side.) LAter Trevet Began to Prepare a communication spell to warn the coming army of what was to come, so that they might find a way around Khadrim's plans.

Daleks from another dimension!

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:09 pm

Tar-Herunole wrote:And here I would explain you my secret plan, which nobody must know, for we may have spies. I can see now with my magic, and with the power I acquired by fighting wih Asheron in the underworld, that all your hearts and aureas are of good and loyal friends, but just in case each of you will only know a little, and only myself and CC will know the whole.

And then letting each general know only about his part he explained the strategy:

Unfortunately for him, Trevet transmitted a completely different plan, for he did not knew about these plans, for only the highest generals new about it, and even them only knew a little part about it.

An elf (some people say it was Elv in person), finding the funny creature trying to get the plans that not even Khadrim soldiers knew, told him as a joke, that they will move altogether to the Samurian front leaving only weak defences in the way to Khadrim, and that is what Trevet was transmiting.

But the proximity of a High Elven camp full of Elven magicians, and of Wizards of the Circle of Fire is not the best place to cast spells in secret...

The High Priest from Khadrim appeared with a guard of fifteen heavy armored elite warriors.

What are you doing?!!! The goodwill and trust of the King has its limits and you are clearly crossing them! Take him!
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Mar 16, 2004 3:34 am

Suddenly the whole area was engulfed in magical darkness, and all was quite from a silence spell. The Trevet Ran off into the distance with his skeletons, once again taking CC's horse with him.

OOC: I am curretnley imbetween threads unless someone goes to the trouble of hunting me down, excpect me to return at thew rost possible moment :crazy

"Mark... Mark... Mark... there are not ninjas following you around acting like their going to kill you... Just one! His name is Roger and hes really pissed!"
OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Wolfie » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:01 am

*le still on the horse*
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:15 pm

OOC: That's fine with me and I'll let you go so you can have fun reviving the death! But please, just remember you have a wrong strategy in your head, so you cannot use any of the info in this thread. I would suggest you to join another front. It will be Godmoding to pretend to know what your character cannot know, and show up in the middle of the battle to ruin the game. (Right now, not even CC knows of the strategy). It will also take the fun out of the game of Dereth for me, as I spend time drafting a fun strategy that all of the playing characters could enjoy, and thinking how to take out flaws. Rao has already add one flaw (sending 2 million orcs, instead 1 or 1.5 as I expected), but illegal flaws, like leaking the unleakable, would take out the fun of it. Please don't do it. I think is fair as many times before, I have helped you get away with crazy actions.

The High Priest dispelled the darkness and silence with the movement of one finger. Some of the guards quickly tensed their arcs. The High Priest raised his hand to stop them. As he watched Trevet run with Le on CC's horse he said: Let him go. He'll regret his deeds soon. Both Lord Asheron, Master Rao and King Erelen shoed pity on him. He still may play a hidden role for our side in this war.

Nonetheless, just in case, we will cast a protection spell, so we are aware of his presence if he ever comes 50 miles close to our troops, and that unable him to use his magic in this radius. I t will not be difficult taking in account all of the personal items and hair he has left behind...
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:20 pm

OOC: What? Of course I know ther real plan! It's that youa rea all going to the sumerian front and leaving only weak defences here in Khadrim thus I will ofcourse be of the greatest assitence here so taht I can help the orcs break through such tiny defences That is after all what I was told. :lila Oh and what are you describing as crazy actions, I wou ld like to know what you think I shouldnt have been diong so I dont keep on doing it.
INC:
Trevet after Trevet ahd gone aways he stoped the horse and looked at Le.

"Off. nows!" Yelled Trevet.

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Postby Rao » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:57 pm

OCC~ Worry not about Trevet Erelen, should he get out of line Tsu the Assassin will pay him a visit.

Four Figures came from the sky, It was none other than Tsu the Assassin, Rao the Firewarrior, Tao Lu, and Degamra the Hunter. They came like a silent cloud and the elves of the city rejoiced in seeing Tao Lu. Hope arose in the hearts of all who saw the four warriors land from the sky.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby chaotic century » Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:58 pm

before le could get off cc's horse bolted off racing towards the wilder lands...n its master.....
I am Chaotic Century King of the PointyShiney!
"this world is made of! this world is made of.. LOVE and PEACE!

neero is my master

it is foolish to listen to someone who will not listen to you
chaotic century
Heroic Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Mar 16, 2004 11:59 pm

OOC: Omega you're great sports man! When I meant crazy, I meant actions well within your character, and proper within the game, but innapropiate for an orc in the middle of the elves, as when you tried to attack me in Khadrim the first time we met! It's good u kep on acting your character, but it wil get himself killed! I still hope at the end you will come back to our side :p

Erelen could not believe his eyes... He ordered to prepare a small party, to dedicate the Campaign to Asheron and Innos and to celebrate the appearance of Tao Lu , and to welcome Degamra, Rao, and CC. He ordered to give the same honours to Tsu, as he was coming from Adanos, and he had come with Rao and Tao Lu, although he still kept a little of mistrust. Adter the party the troops would meditate and prepare spiritually, and then move in the dark to their assigned hidden places near the Pass of KuanPing.

Before the Celebration, he went to Tao Lu to ask about what had happened and he, in a very strict secrecy, let them know about the strategy, and asked for feedback.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:17 am

Ack! I am not getting off a moving horse! *le stays on the horse :p*
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:38 am

"I agree it is a well thought out plan, a shame the four of us wont be there to see it." Tao Lu said.

Through all this Rao said nothing. Yet smiled throughout the whole ordeal. Pryokar looked around and Rao saw all.

Degamra sat alone, as ususal. He cared not of the happenings of the city and was displeased with them coming there.

Tsu sat his hat down, no one dared speak to him. All those that knew of the assassins of Adanos knew that they were not to be talked to unless they speak first. Karras aprroached him anyways, "Tsu, We had a spy in our ranks, Trevet the goblin knows of our plans to attack the orcs, should he get the plans to the enemy. It will be the fall of the free peoples." Karras cried. Tsu looked up dangerously at the fire magician. "Very well." Tsu said. "I shall track him down and bring his head to you." The assassin said as he disappeared into the crowd of peopl.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby OmegaFrost » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:58 am

OOC: Ack! But I dont know the real plan!

OmegaFrost
Frost Scientist
Frost Scientist

Next

Return to Halls of Dereth