The First Dragon, Foekathar

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Mar 01, 2004 3:12 am

Oh Dear Xardas! It makes me glad as well, speciall now, that Mornaur is not here! After you Master Xardas!
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:56 pm

OCC: I don't know who died but I hope it's not b/c my lack of typing. Great I was just going to say you guys can come in with me. I'll type more later today. I didn't have time to finish all I wanted to put down. Right now Battle is glowing some what b/c he is changing from his father's royal blood is now a part of him.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:26 pm

Battle saw some of his friends and was shocked to see Tar-Herunole also made it.

Battle: Who…? What…? How…? How did you guys get here? Did you defeat the enemies outside?

Tar-Herunole put his head down and shook.

Battle: I see. I thought you guys wouldn’t ever come. I’m glad to see that you too are well for I don’t know how you guys got down here so fast but I’m afraid it’s too late. There is nothing left to do. My father is gone, the layer has been taken over, our troops are diminishing, most of our gold is gone, and on top of that we’re trapped.

Dragon: But Battle we still have you to fulfill your destiny. It might save us all.

Battle: No it won’t. I am not my father. I don’t have the wisdom to guide my people, for that I’m not worthy to be king. Oh how I wished it was me who died and not my father, for he would know what to do. Oh why haven’t I been told these secrets of my father or my sister? For if I knew I might have been able to stop this. What secrets are there in this place that, have been kept from me? I need a miracle to save my people.

Battle pounds the floor with his fist. As he gets back up he sees a red glowing light in the wall of the room. Battle has never seen this before and no one else in the room has either. Battle went over to it and it felt warm. Battle touched it and the thing stopped glowing as if it was identifying the hand print. It disappeared and the wall started to open as a secret chamber was there. Battle looked down the stairs and knew that this place was very old. He looked back at the others and told them to wait behind.

Battle: If anything happened to me, Tar-Herunole… (Tar-Herunole looks at him) I’m placing you in charge here. If the enemy tries to come and attack again flee with my people. They will help you on getting out for they know the way. I know that there will be orcs or drow in your way but I have faith in you to pull through.

Battle headed down the dark stairs. The other dragons want to go down there to be with Battle but they knew they would be needed here. As Battle went down the dark stairs he saw a faint light at the bottom. Battle had his sword next to him, for anything to come at him. As he got to the bottom of the stairs it was a circle with 10 passage ways around him. He saw cold breaths out of the dark tunnels as great beasts must be in the tunnels. Battle was frighten for he did not know what was on the other side of the tunnels.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:27 pm

OCC: The voices come from different tunnels so not just one person is doing all the talking.

Voice: Who dares to a wake us?

Battle: Are you a friend or foe?

Voice: We are neither.

Battle: Who are you guys? What are you?

Voice: It is not for us to tell.

Voice: Why do you come here? No one is aloud down here except Andruka.

Battle: Andruka? I have not heard of such name?

Voice: You must be related to him or him for I can smell it.

All Voices: We do too.

Voice: Yes, I can see that you have his blood for that’s the only way to get down here.

Voice: What would have caused him to give his true blood to this bizarre creature?

Battle: Are you talking about my father Kulgin? Do you guy know him?

Voice: He has many names for that is one of them.

Battle: So you must know him. For that you must be on his side or was he your enemy?

Voice: We have no enemies for no one knows us.

Voice: We know you Battle.

Voice: Yes the king’s son who is said…

All Voices: To rule all dragons and to bring them together.

Battle got nerves for they seem to know a lot about him but he didn’t know them.

Voice: We didn’t know what Kulgin’s son would look like but it is proof that it’s you.

Voice: Why has Andruka sent you down here boy?

Battle: Please help me. My father is dead, my kind are about to be extinct, and we are being invaded.

All Voices: Andruka is dead?

Voice: How could this happen?

Voice: It’s impossible for him to be killed.

Voice: Sorcery of greater power must have been the only cause. For we do not know what the land dwellers have.

Battle: Please will you help us?

Voice: No we will not.

Battle: Why? What is wrong? Aren’t you people of great power or so. If the enemy breaks through they will come down here and kill you too.

Voice: Speak not of it.

Voice: We cannot be killed.

Voice: For we are older than life it self is.

Battle: What do you mean by that?

As Battle said it, the figures behind the different tunnels walked out. They were great colossus dragons. They were of different race each with ancient markings on their bodies, just like Battle’s father had before he died. Battle was astounded by such great beast. He had never saw such old dragons before. There was a Black, Blue, Brass, Bronze, Copper, Gold, Green, Silver, and a White Dragon. Battle notice that they came from different tunnels but one was empty.

Blue Dragon: We are the ancients of the ancients.

White Dragon: We are the first dragons to walk this land.

Green Dragon: We were the first to help create life of the dragons that walk this planet.

Battle: I see that there is every kind of dragon except one.

Bronze Dragon: He was the ancient Red Dragon who we called Andruka or Kulgin. He was your father.

Gold Dragon: He was chosen out of us to live in the world we helped create.

Brass Dragon: We had him protect us for we waited for our destiny.

Silver Dragon: We have slept for a long long long time.

Black Dragon: We do not fight for something we did not cause.

Copper Dragon: We wait for the day that the world needs us.

Battle: But the world does need you. I need you. Don’t you care if the world dies and turns to evil? Didn’t you care for my father who died for me and for all life on this planet? What are you waiting for? If you truly want a sign this is it. This is the moment for you to be known, this is the moment for my people to be saved, this is the moment that the planet needs help. If my people die then so does every living thing on this planet. The enemy won’t be just satisfied by slaying dragons, they will make slaves of everything on this planet. Don’t tell me that it’s not worth fighting for since you didn’t cause it but what about my father who helped you too in the creation of the planet? Don’t say he died for an unworthy cause.

Golden Dragon: He speaks as a king.

Black Dragon: He has a true heart.

White Dragon: Just as the legend foretold.

Battle stopped and blushed for he didn’t realize this.

Blue Dragon: We will not sit here and see that your father was killed in an unworthy cause.

All Dragons: Nor will be wait any longer to see this beautiful planet die.

Silver Dragon: Let us prepare for war.

As Battle looked the Dragons seemed to grow younger and the markings disappeared. They seem more stronger and tougher.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:58 pm

OCC: Before anyone left the battle field.

After Battle came out of the hidden passage everyone was relieved to see he brought along with him 9 other dragons. When Battle was told by Erelen about the great victory he was over joyed to hear the news. He was greatful to see he still had many of his troops survive the battle and all the gold that was stolen was brought back.
Battle desided to have a royal banquet in honor of many great things: for the great victory; for the death of Kulgin and birth to a new king; an old allaince that has been restored. Battle invited everyone, including the orcs. The dragons had the best time 'cooking' the food. They toasted, they cheered, they laughed, they played, and they forgot the troubles that are coming (the battle that was being prepared for).
After the feast was over and night fell. When everyone was in their tent sleeping Erelen went over to talk to Battle. He told him that he is greatful to have this time of grace and hppiness but there is another war coming that he must prepare for and will leave with his troops by break of dawn. Erelen invited Battle to go with him but he refused. Battle told Erelen that he has very little troops and he couldn't spare any of them. He needed them to rebuild the layer and to set up dfenses just in case another attack happns. Erelen understood and left Battle's tent. As he left Battle prayed to the ancients to give him strenght. After he left one of Battle's guardians came in from the other side.

Guardian: Your realy not going to let them fight on their own are you?

Battle: No, if I was to accept his invatation to help prepare we would only take up space and slow them down. I want to build up an army and lead an assault when the time is right, which would be when they need us most.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:46 pm

When dawn came the troops got ready to leave and Battle bid them fair well.
After they left, the dragons started to prepare the Crowning Ceremony for Battle.

In the meanwhile, Battle walked in the forest thinking what he should do and thinking about his father. Tears began to fall from his eyes. Suddenly he realized that his hand up against a tree had pierced the tree. He looked at his claws and saw that there was something different about them. They must have changed through the transformation he had with his father. Then his anger flared and he sliced at the tree.Shockingly, the tree was cut in half by the impacted and fell over.

Voice from behind: Don’t hurt nature, it’s your friend. Nature has guided you and helped you through many journeys.

Battle turned and saw that the Green Ancient Dragon had followed him. He came up and made a soft magical breath that swirled to the roots of the fallen tree. Little tree sprouts popped up from the cracks of the roots.

Green Dragon: Give it about a month and it will heal. You have grown strong Battle but your wound is deep, is it your father?

Battle: Yes, very much so. I barely knew my father for I went after quest after quest to prove I was worthy to have my title and to give him honor for being his heir.

Green Dragon: Your father loved you Battle and he knew he wouldn’t be able to be with you forever. Accept the throne, for your father sacrificed himself to save you, don’t let him die in vain. Be what he wanted you to be and fight for what you believe in.

Then the Gold Ancient Dragon came to them and told Battle the ritual was ready.

When Battle came up there was a big group of dragons waiting for him. A set of circles was in the surface that laid in the middle of the group. One big circle in the middle and ten coloured circles surrounding it. Battle flew and landed on the middle one as the nine Ancient Dragons landed on the circles around Battle. Only the red one was unoccupied, but Dugan, the oldest of the remaining Red Dragon’s and most loyal among Kulgin’s kin, took the place of the dead king. The ten circles started to glow and the dragons sang each of their race’s song in their dragon tongue. As they sung, the middle circle where Battle stood, started to glow with a multicolour light, and the ten dragons spoke in their tongue.

Blue Dragon: Let it be known.

White Dragon: Let it be heard.

Copper Dragon: A new king has been crowned.

Gold Dragon: May all our kinds know that this is a new era.

Silver Dragon: We have reunited once again with the creatures of Dereth.

Bronze Dragon: And may it be with others in the worlds unknown.

Red Dragon: Come all Draconians.

Brass Dragon: Your fear is over.

Black Dragon: Come to use once again and join us as one clan.

Green Dragon: And may that clan be ruled under King Battle.

Gold Dragon: Yes, Ancestors give him wisdom.

Black Dragon: Give him strength.

Bronze Dragon: Give him courage.

Silver Dragon: To rule for justice.

Blue Dragon: And for all dragons who see the true light.

Silver Dragon: Those that are not bounded by present or past hatred for others.

White Dragon: Battle let all dragons of good heart be heard by your voice.

Battle looked up at the sky and saw light beaming perfectly down on him as if this was the perfect moment, that this day was meant for him. He gave out a big dragon roar that was so loud it echoed everywhere. Anyone who listened to it knew it came from a dragon. As Battle quieted, the ten surrounding circles faded away and the middle circle shot a bright light to the sky. The group of dragons stopped and waited. Soon the most amazing thing happened. Dragons started to appear from all over the place. Some came from under the ground, some came out of the seas, some came from the forest, and some came from high above the sky. Dozens of them came from all different places they all flew in a big circular pattern above Battle.

Red Dragon: The dragons heard your call.

Copper Dragon: The ones that aren’t here have already made their decision.

Green Dragon: They have already been corrupted by the power of evil.

Black Dragon: These are what is left of the Draconians that are good hearted.

Gold Dragon: May you rule us wisely and bring us good fortune.

Brass Dragon: We are yours to command, Battle, ‘King’ of the Draconians.

Battle was amazed by the beauty of all that had happened and the large number of dragons who were faithful and willing to submit to his ruling. Soon the dragons landed and swore an oath of loyalty to Battle, swearing they will serve him to the death. Every kind of dragon from afar came, some young, some old, and some ancient. Battle saw that around 50 draconians had come to his call. They all greet one another, some met old friends and relatives and they all got along together. While everyone was talking to one another the Blue Ancient Dragon took Battle privately to the throne.

Blue Dragon: We have a gift for you.

Battle: A gift?

Blue Dragon: Only the other 8 and I know about this place, come.

They walked down to the hidden chamber were Battle first originally met them. In the middle of the circle came a glowing sphere.

Blue Dragon: I’ll leave you two alone.

Battle: What are you talking about?

Voice from the sphere: Battle? Battle is that you?

Battle looked and saw his father inside the sphere.

Battle: Father is that you? I can’t believe it’s really you. You’re not dead.

Kulgin:
No son, I am dead. This is a magical sphere that we made to see spirits. Battle listen to what I have to tell you. I know you have many questions but I have a short time to speak to you.
In the beginning Beliar and Bael Zhaeron, the gods of evil and darkness created the evil dragons. Their bodies were beautiful and their power was mighty as mighty was their size, largest of all living creatures. But their hearts were tainted with evil and their souls obedient only to the Dark Lords. The world of Dereth was young and man and elves knew little of magic or of the Art of War. The evil Dragons wandered the world leaving a trace of evil and destruction.
It was then when Adanos, the god of neutrality created our Race. He created us much smaller than our evil cousins, but he gave us wisdom, valour and the possibility of creating a numerous people that together could fight that destruction.
In the old days when Beliar killed Innos and trapped Adanos, Asheron fought his most legendary battle and revenged Innos, his father, killing Belian. We were with Asheron in that battle. Hundreds of us!. In that day, while Asheron fought the underworld, we followed the path of the Fire Warrior and defeated our evil cousins, and we forced to the exile those of the evil dragons that remained.
But once Asheron had regained the peace for Dereth, our mission was accomplished. Many had died in the terrible battle, but the remaining hide in Draconia to await for the day when we would be again needed. The 10 fathers of the Draconians, us, hibernated in this chamber, and only me, Kulgian, remained awake to rule over our kin for the centuries of wait.
My duty, as the watcher King, included sending scouts and exploring myself the world of Dereth out of our home in Draconia, to look for signs of the coming of a new time. It was that way that I met your mother. Many of the creatures of the world were afraid of us because they confused us with our big evil cousins. But your mother alone was wise and kind at heart, and she gave us the opportunity to show we were good hearted and had no desire to kill. She become one of our friends, and my closest counsellor With time, our common appreciation turned into a love unique in the history of the world.
That’s when your sister was born, as much later you were born as well. She spent half of the year in Draconia, and half of the year with the High Elves, the race of your mother. But her stays with the High Elves were not as good for her as we had thought. She could not understand why the Elves hated the dragons, as she did not know of the difference between evil dragons and Draconians, as neither did the Elves. She was in despair and she began to learn the hate of the elves against the dragons, and to hate the elves for hating her kin. We are afraid spies of the Dark Lords had much to do as well in the disaster and in her mar.. The fact is that she had been corrupted. Before we could discover it she had killed your mother and fled with some of our kind she had corrupted as well. We were all grieved of this creation we had done. You were all that was left from your mother and our only hope, and I named you my heir, in substitution of her, as it may have been.
And now, that darkness tries to fill Dereth and the evil Dragons have awaken. Our hour has come again. Your sister has come again allied with Foekathar, one of our terrible cousins, and with the dark armies, and it’s time to go to war.. The Nine ancient Fathers are awake and will fight with you. Not many draconians have resisted their ambush. But if you keep them united, and strong in their hearts we are a mighty people. And if you come back in victory, all the eggs that you have seen, will give birth to a new generation of Draconians, and your Kingdom will be remembered. Battle the more courage and justice you show the more lighter the sword will become and that sword reflects us(the sword ways 5 tons but read the weapon bio for more info about it). Battle your time is now. You must bring your people to victory so that they can have a future, a place were peace is everywhere. Battle you must fight for what you believe is right and don't let anyone persuade you out of it.
Last edited by BattleFrost on Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:56 pm

OCC: The last post I made was a reedited version and was made by Tar-Herunole. I wrote this so I won't take the full credit of it.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Fri Apr 16, 2004 5:14 pm

OCC: Haven't posted in a while b/c of computer problems.

After Battle came out from the layer all the Draconians were waiting outside for him. They were all silent waiting to hear from their king.

Battle: My people I will accept this honor as your King and I will guid you to destony just as my father did. Now I know this is a time for great joy and celibration but there is a great need for us. I have been given word from our new friends that war is apon them and they might not win it without our help. My people this is what we were destoned for. As King I want to help those who are in need of us and I want everyone on Dereth know that we bring peace. I shall leave and go see to our friends and look to see what we can do for them. I'll take 15 dragons with me and the rest of you can stay here. I have a special assignment for ya'll. In the mean time I must get ready to depart.

Then Battle went back in the layer and went to his throne. Time passed by as Battle and his 15 dragons got ready ( 9 Ancient Dragons, his 2 guardians, Frona, Dugan, and 2 of Kulgins royal guards). Battle was at his throne when a group of dwarfs came in. They walked in and took off their hoods and bowed to Battle nervesly.

Dwarf: We are the Dwarfs of the High Mountain. We heared you had requested to see us?

Battle: I have but good Dwarfs of the High Mountain don't be nerves. We wouldn't harm any dwarf. Please don't be afraid. I have called to you b/c I want to change things around this place and I heard that the dwarfs are excellent at building temples, castles, and walls.

Dwarf: Yee family been in this business for generations of generations. Yee can build anything with right materials. Yee are very proud of what we do. Yee never been called to do someone else's place before. Your friend you sent to call us is very luckly that yee was sleeping at the time and didn't have yee's axe next to him b/c yee never seen a dragon before and never heard of a good dragon too. Yee is trembling b/c yee never seen so many great beasts and yee never heard nice things about them too. Yee stoped the other dwarfs from making meat out of yees dragon friend.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:01 pm

Battle: Well at least that's good news to hear. Dwarfs of the High Mountain do you accept my request? I know little about Dwarfs but there is never a bad time to learn about each other. There is somethings I do know about Dwarfs.

Battle raised his hand and the dragon siting next to him got up and moved. Behind him was several barrels of ale all lined up.

Battle: I know Dwarfs love to drink for fun and so I brought as many barrels as I could find around this area.

The Dwarfs were stund by the large amount that was there.

Battle: I also give advance payments. I also know that Dwarfs love anything that glitters.

Over to the other side of Battle was a big pile of gold and gems stacked high.

Battle: Since I'm not my father and I'm not fully a dragon I do not have the greed of a dragon to keep all the gold to myself. I have seen great wonders you Dwarfs have created and I'm asking you for your skills to build me a temple in this mountain. No longer do I want to walk on wet floors and mud. I want to see this kingdom to be something that people all over Dereth would come to see.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:54 pm

Dwarf: Yee can't beleive yee would have so much to give yee. Yee's heart is full of joy yee get to build a temple, yee would get to drink to his heart's content, and yee would be richer than any of yee's father's father's. Yee Dwarfs of the High Mountain shall come to do yee's task and make it so remarkable that everyone would travel to see yee's work done.

Battle: I'm glad to hear that and you Dwarfs have so much courage, I know you are perfect for this task. You can start as soon as you want. Bring as many Dwarfs as you want and we will feed them and pay them well. Bring your songs and cheers with you. We dragons love to hear new songs. Right now I have to go with a few others for a war that must be attended to. Please don't be afraid your our guests and we welcome you.

Dwarf: Yee will bring many Dwarfs as yee knows of. Yee will start right away and build a great place for yee to live for eternity.

Battle: I thank you and now I must be going.

Battle got up and went outside where the dragons were waiting for him. Battle hoped on his guardian to ride on and they headed toward Khadrim where he knew Erelen was at.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:58 pm

Battle and his troops where flying at a steady pase and in formation. Battle was looking down from the sky to view the surrounding area. He was hoping that he would make it in time before war broke out but he just needed to stay focus on his mission.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Previous

Return to Halls of Dereth