a skewed intro into dereth

a skewed intro into dereth

Postby Roadkill » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:07 pm

"Jerry.... Jerry... Ace!" Jericho Walker snapped his head up, and his eyes popped open. "Ready to go, bud?" Jericho took a look across the console, then grunted, and nodded. "Yeah, sure, just say the magic word." Ace could here some chuckling on the other line, but there wasn't much he could do about it. He was short on sleep, and the damned munitions crew was having "technical difficulties", so he saw no problem for a quick cat nap.

Ace. It hadn't been long since he recieved his new name. It was only a week ago he shot down his 5th plane. He wasn't proud of having shot down such an obviously incompetent or poorly trained fool, but fools have no place on the battlefield, and they should recognize it.

He sat back in the seat, and listened, and responded to each of the quick takeoff checks, resting his hand on the throttle. Finally, the mission deploy word came off "Dereth." Dereth? Wtf type of word is that? It mattered not, he had heard worse. He put the engine throttle to full, and ignited the afterburners. He was forced back into his seat for a second with sudden acceleration, and then he felt himself fall for a second as the aircraft left the deck. he was in the air. ETA, 26 minutes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falling. Such a simple vocabulary. We always call it falling. Of all the synonyms, it has to be falling. But falling he was, to his amazement. But not in a plane. Nope, he was falling to the ground. Ace's first instinct was to pull the parachute chord, but there was none. "wha-- oomph!" He found ground zero, after a short 6 foot fall.

He was still in his desert jumpsuit, but beyond that... nothing... The sky, the air, the whole world, felt alien...

"Hail, fellow traveler!" He whipped around to face what ever the hell kind of sick joke by the gods this was...
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:50 pm

Who are you and what are you doing here? Asked one strange creature with a language who sounded like old English. The strange creature… (was a High Elf :p)
My name is Jericho Walker, and about the second question, that was exactly what I was going to ask you… Where I am and what I am doing here? replied Ace
You have strange accent, strange clothes and strange questions. We cannot risk having someone like you near the Monastery while the Council is being held. You shalt come with us, and the King will decide what we should do with you said the tall creature.
Jericho wondered if it was a good idea to follow that weird person who talked so authoritatively, but something in the long spear and the self confidence of the medieval soldier dressed guy, was telling him than doing otherwise could prove an expensive mistake. Anyway, probably all of this was just a sophisticated joke.
“Let’s see the King then, I have always wanted to meet a King” said Jericho trying to hide his sarcasm. And what is this Council and Monastery about?
In the way of the Monastery, thanks to his casual chatting with the soldier like creatures, he learned a lot of new details form the “joke” where he was going to spend the rest of his days…

OOC: Read the Monastery thread and PM me what you want to do (what adventure you want to join, or if you just want to train first at my city or somewhere else), so I can help you to get there.
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Return to Halls of Dereth