A band arrives at Hebian/Battle of Khadrim

Postby Rao » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:52 am

Rao gathered what he needed, a had just finished making his Quarter Staff, merely a walking stick. For he was not to use a sword again. Rao began his walk, Pyrokar on his shoulder. He descended down through the levels of the city. His Red robe had flames moving in them. Like his eyes, many seen it as an ilusion, but it wasnt. Those were the flames of his spirit. "Perhaps, we shall walk Pyrokar?" Rao said. The Bird whistled with excitement. Rao smiled as they exited the city's main gate, and turned south towards the Monastery.

OCC~Im gone, But i assure you, Trouble is coming, So many of you should prepare should you want to play along with this. I assure you that i am undecided on what is going to happen as of winning and losing, again, I am putting it into all of your hands. Good Luck :) Also, Should you want to become learned of Inos and all the religious babble, come to The monastery.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:20 am

wolfie stomped after rao eyes fading to yellow every few seconds he just walked away from me! i cant beleive he did that! oooo!!!!!!! grrrrrrr!! she turned into a wolf and ran after him barking
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
sometimes forced and unwanted and sometimes loved and longed for.
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:51 am

OOC: down in the dungeon, by the corpse of the Ice drake...
Wolfie wrote:kiki zoomed about Erelen squeking madly with a big smile on her face
you saved me didnt you! you did i know you did! ooo! it was icky in there! it smalled like poop! yuck! bouncing up and down and up and down ooooo and i found this! she was cluthing tightly to a sewing needle and swinging it around randomly its pointy see *poke poke* hehehehehehe! and look how shinnnneeeyyyyy, althou not nearly as shiney as my ice or glitter but oooooooooooooo! look at all those shineys! she said flying over to the swords and dagger etc ooooooo these are to big oh im gonna get that thing for eating me im not food im a fey for god sake! ooooo wheres that rao fellow oh and wheres that horse it kkicked me oooo im gonna get it! i coulda died such a rude horse i should throw one of these at it she said waving the lil needle around oooo, im hungry i wasn gonna eat anythin n that that poopey monster, i need some honey sickels!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oo and some sugar can you make that yummy sugar water with the sugar n the water!? rant rant rant, jump jump jump, poke poke poke!

Well, now we are really in trouble, ain’t we! laughed Erelen looking at the puzzled wizards.
But let’s not be rude. I am not your saviour, but my name is Erelen, High King of the Noldor in the Middle Earth, and Lord of this city, and how should this humble elf address you, Your Grace? Said to the little fay with feigned postration.
Names! names! names! Big people want to put big names to everything… what a waste of time! I am HUUUUUNNNNGGGRY!!!!! she said while flying to the magic ingredients that laid on a nearby table
Sugar, sugar, sugar… not here, not here not here kept on ranting while one of the old wizards hasted to the table to avoid the tubes and other artefacts from falling…

I see you do not appreciate much galantry, nameless fay, so follow me and I will take you to the kitchen to have some sugar before you slay all my wizards with your mighty needle!
Let’s them do their work. I am sure now their spells will work said without stopping to laugh.

Erelen abandoned the dungeon while Kiki flied around him saying: Sugar!, sugar!, sugar! really? you have some sugar?, where where where… a good idea, a goooooood idea!!!!! because I could slay all of them, you know Aaaaalllll of them! poke poke poke SUUUUGAAAARRR! Aaaah! You are saving me again!, you always save me!, don’t deny it! But I’m not nameless, Nemele’s the Queen ( OOC: :lila ) I’m Kiki!! KIIIII KIIII Wakarimashita? KIIIIIIII!!!! KIIIIIIII!!!!

Milwen, the Kitchen mistress, was an old and unusually big elven Lady, with great love for food, children, fairy tales, mysterious magic, and specially small talk. The friendship between Kiki and Milwen was first sight love. So Erelen left them in the kitchen in an animated chat about the properties of honey and sugary water…

Erelen went down to see the works in the defence. The work was advancing swiftly as Lord Dyche had returned and joined the efforts. In the moment Erelen arrived he murmured to Erelen:
Erelen, These dwarves are great artisans and stonemasons, and they work tirelessly adding solidity to the magic of our designs. The walls that were called inexpugnable, would be now even higher and stronger. Not even fire, explosive or magic will bring them down! They are also good engineers and the air defences you designed will prove extremely useful, although we still need to think about that more thoroughly. But these dwarves are also obstinate and I fear they are obstructing the most important of our works. In the last assault the dark army broke through the gate, not through the walls, and they not only reject working in a new gate, but also will obstruct any work we want to do on our own!
Your aid and advices are priceless, Lord Dyche. said Erelen. To you I owe now not only the respect of a relative, but also the dues of a debtor. I will talk with the dwarves to see what the reason of such awkward behaviour is, and to see what can be done about it.
Erelen walked to Felegin, the leader of the Dwarves contingent.
Hail Noble Felegin, son of Blogin. Tireless and fine workers are your dwarves, and glad allies are we the elves of Khadrim. But there is an issue that bothers my people…
HAHAHAHA, laughed Felegin with a strong and profound laughter So you elves that live forever have not learnt yet patience? Trust your friend Felegin and your allies of Belgost, and your trust and patience would be rewarded before the sun hides again.
And as if his words were prophetic, a horn blew in the plains. Sulhen, the eagle of Erelen flied to the source of the horn, and Erelen could see with the eyes of the eagle a committee of dwarves carrying a monumental gate of shiny marble.
As the dwarves came into the city, Felegin, after saluting the newcomers, came back to Dyche and Erelen.
Was it worth waiting? No drake or wyvern, no mace or ram will bring down this gate, for it is the twin of the one that keeps the Mountain of Belgost, and was as well blessed by Lord Asheron, and only the Dark Lord himself could bring it down, loosing much of his strength in the effort.
The whole city stood speechless before the magnificence of the new gate…
High King of the Noldor in Middle-Earth
Honorary Knight of the Pointy Shiney
"... All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die"
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:54 pm

kiki flew around building holding a mini sack of sugar in one hand and the needle in the other singing loudly looking for erelen ohhhhhh masteerrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are you!!!!!!!!!!! where oh where did that master go oh where oh where could he be!? with his great tallness and braveness just where oh where could he be!!!!!!!!!!! she sang zooming around and finnally flying straight into somethin and looking around MASTER! she squeaked, and hugged one of is strands of hair and then crawled on top of his head and sat down and played her flute
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:01 pm

As a moving jukebox, Erelen walked back to the Tower to hold audiences. On the way back The High Alchemist came to him.
MyLord, the works in the drake are advancing fast now. Your desires to reinforce the aerial defence would be fulfilled, we have built with the help of Master Tao Lu and the dwarves four O-Yumi that are enchanted with the claws of the Ice Drake. Please come and see a demonstration.
The O-Yumi was a giant crossbow around 3 meters wide, mounted in a moving platform. It could be used to throw exploding projectiles to a group of enemies that stood in a range not reachable by catapults, or to slain big creatures such as golems and giant trolls, or to attack flying targets. Why did you need to use the dragon claws? asked Erelen. And Tao Lu replied from behind Watch this.
They charged an enormous spear in the O-Yumi and its metal head started to glow with a pallid blue glow. The man who managed the bowman shouted Helcaraxe! as he let the spear fly.
As it gained speed the glow gained intensity leaving a trace in the air and soon the spear have transformed itself into a very pale blue snake-dragon, such as those that inhabited the far eastern lands. I started to swirl like swimming in the air and finally, not finding any foe, gradually disappeared.
Were there any foe, our dragon snake would have followed our foe until freezing it said Tao Lu
Your wisdom is our best ally Master Tao Lu, said Erelen inclining his head. (fortunately for her, Kiki had flown already following the Icy dragon-snake)
As Erelen continued his way up to the tower, the High Alchemist continued: We also found the lower armour of the Ice drake was not magic, but just gems and precious stones adhered to his body. There are hundreds of them, but the most valuable are 12 big diamonds and one giant red ruby. What should we do with them?
Erelen replied: Holding them in the city would always remind us of the day we lost Lord Khadrim. Make a mithril necklace with the diamonds and the Ruby and send it to the Lord of Belgost as a show of our gratitude and in payment for all his invaluable help. A new "naugrim" it would be, but this time would bring peace and not dispute. With the other stones we will find later what to do. and then he added Keep the good work Master Alchemist…

In that moment he saw Battle Frost standing in entrance of the Houses of Healing. I am happy to see your wounds are healed, my friend. Do please let me know if there is something else we can do for you. And feel free to speak with the Master of Arms if you want to receive his training in the use of the wonderful blade that you treasure!

Then he climbed to the Hall of the throne, were he received an embassy of the men of Hebian-to, in the allied country of Nigeim. For centuries, they had been allied to Hebian and Kadhrim, and now they were afraid of the vulnerability of their city, so they had come to seek counsel to Lord Dyche and Khadrim. A decision was reached and some of the dwarves departed to Hebian-to in secret with the purpose of building a secret passage to the mountains to evacuate the city in times of need.

The visit of Hebian-to made them think about Neero words. Khadrim was quickly completing its defences, and would become even stronger than it was. The Dark Lord had lost most of his troops attacking the strongholds of Khadrim and Ironclaw, but was not very likely to follow the same strategy again. Probably he could try to attack and create panic in less defended lands, and slowly mine the strength of their allies and the moral of their friends. And maybe it was wiser to strike first. Erelen just wished Rao would have stayed to give them advice.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:26 pm

kiki yawned loudly and looked around sugar? and fell down on his head curled up in a ball and went to sleep
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby Tar-Herunole » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:36 pm

Erelen took advantage of the sleep of Kiki to continue his studies on the Magic discipline of avoiding gravety. He was convinced mastery in such a Realm would prove essential. He was an eager and skillful student, and in Khadrim his mana and Energy were unusually strong, so after a few hours he tried himself. He tried to lift objects with his mind. First a small coin, then a scroll. He was succesful! He tried then to levitate both at hte same time. Perfect! He was getting very excited about his new skill, so he decided to be ambitious, and while holding the coin and scroll in the air he tried to levitate a book... That was a big mistake, because as he focus his attention to the heavy book, the coin and scroll lost strength and fell noisily into the ground, waking up Kiki. The Fay's excitement grew as she saw the flying book, so she started to use her own magic around, creating a great mess, and convincing Erelen to postpone resuming his studies until a better ocasion.

Together, and as she tried to explain him how easy was to fly, doing demonstrations around his head, they went down to the dungeons, to oversee the works on the Ice Drake. The Wizards were trying hard to isolate the magic diamond, that in the heart of the Drake had given him power to exhalate cold and throw icy proyectiles... But it was a powerful stone, and it was difficult to find a way to hold the stones without shatering or frosting its holder, and more difficult was to harness its power and make it usable for its new master. The Wizards were not precisely happy to see the fay back in the dungeons, so Erelen climbed up to the Tower again.

He decided at last to take a rest and meditate. The bnext day would be an important day for the first reports of the embassadors and spies will come, and there would be a High Council were all the Kings and Lords of the League of Asheron would gather. Ironclaw, Cragstone and even the Lord of Belgost and others would arrive to Khadrim where Tao Lu and Dyche were already debating what to do next.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby Wolfie » Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:48 pm

oooo, master went sleepy by! i need a friend to play with :( she held up the needle will you be my friend? no? oo... :( i sad :( she then flew down onto erelens head and went to sleep
ЀA†H comes like £iƒε,
How will you Ði€?™
Wolfie
Legendary Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:08 pm

Battle walks outside to great his guardian dragons.

Dragon 2: So what do these elves need from us?

Battle: Well I was going to offer Erelen some troops to the city since I heard that they need arial defence but I guess not with those big crossbows.

Dragon 1: Those puny things would hurt a fly, the accuracy would be bad against the speed that we can fly at.

Battle: Lets just watch for now and see what we can do to help. If not I'll dismiss you guys and you can go back home to my father and tell him everything is fine.

Dragon 1 & 2: You know we won't leave your side without your orders
Both the dragons bow to Battle

Battle: I'll wait for the kings request and as we wait for him lets practice sparing.

Battle draws his sword as one of the dragons stands up and flys in the air. Battle opens his wings and flys right after him. The other dragon sits and watchs the fight. Battle and the dragon are flying above the city sparing against one another. It looks like an even match between the two as the go at it with the dragon is biting and clawing and Battle is using his sword in one hand and his claw in the other hand.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:03 am

Tao Lu had departed in the morning for the Council in the Sanctuary. He wanted to see Rao before anyone else. He knew Rao didn’t need his guidance anymore, but he loved him as a father and wanted to be there for him in the first Council anyway.
However, Lord Dyche, Erelen and the rest of Captains of the High Elven League preferred to travel at night, to enjoy the beloved stars now that the night was not dangerous anymore. Strongbow, the Archer-Steward of Khadrim finished with Erelen the orders for his absence. Full attention and resources should be given to the dwarves and to the High Alchemist, that still worked on isolating the Diamond of Ice, as it was already known in the City.

During the whole evening, the Prince of Hebian-to, the Steward of Nanto, and the King of the Forest came among other human an elven Captains. They were all impressed and filled with hope by the new majesty of the city, by the terrible sight of the dragons and the unusual presence of the dwarves, and especially by the News that the Council was summoned by a new Fire Warrior.

The Sun was going down in the citadel and the party was ready to depart. Erelen approached Battlefrost, who had been practicing his sword skills with dragons and elves.

Master Battlefrost, your skills have indeed improved in the last weeks. It would be a terrible but interesting sight to see you today again fight with the dragon you fought in the defence of the city… something tells me the fight would be more even now. You have not been summoned to the council, as only proved great Captains are, and still our allies do not trust those who walk by the side of the dragons. But I can foresee the day when you will have to prove both your valour and your loyalty to Asheron, and this day is near, and in that day I would like to have you by my side. I will be honoured therefore if you want to come to the Council as my friend and advisor.

The night was already upon the city, and a silky cape of cloudless blue and shiny stars covered the sky. Erelen took a last look at his banner in the tower and said to Dyche.
I was hoping CC would made it back to the city before our departure. But we should march now. If he is in trouble, his Elessar would let us know, and I have sent him my eagle with a message to let him know about the council. He will join us on the way or at the Sanctuary.
And then they started to ride. While the shiny marble gates that reflected the light of the stars closed behind the travellers, a high pitched voice could be heard… Travelling at night! How Fun! Did you bring enough Sugar? Can we stop and burn marshmallows in a fire?
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:54 pm

Tar-Herunole wrote:Master Battlefrost, your skills have indeed improved in the last weeks. It would be a terrible but interesting sight to see you today again fight with the dragon you fought in the defence of the city… something tells me the fight would be more even now. You have not been summoned to the council, as only proved great Captains are, and still our allies do not trust those who walk by the side of the dragons. But I can foresee the day when you will have to prove both your valour and your loyalty to Asheron, and this day is near, and in that day I would like to have you by my side. I will be honoured therefore if you want to come to the Council as my friend and advisor.

Battle was honored to be at Erelen side. As a token of loyalty Battle pulled out an empty pearl and held it close to his chest. The empty pearl turned red and handed it to Erelen.
This is the most prized gift of loyalty I can give you to help you in your need. This is a pearl filled with my blood. Wear this around your neck and if you come across a dragon who is loyal to me and my father he/she will know you are accepted with our kind. Use it when your under attack by them and they will know that what you speak has come from me. They can see and smell my blood and will help you in what you need.

OCC: This will stop any dragon of my clan from attacking you and will do as you ask him to. He won't be your slave though, so ask what you need of him.
Last edited by BattleFrost on Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby Tar-Herunole » Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:13 pm

The laws and the honor of your clan, are foreign to me that I come from a land where dragons only served Darkness and Treachury, but I can feel the greatness of the Elf that gives me his own blood, and as such a great gift I receive it and thank it.
Asheron may want that your words turn into true, and that one day I meet the dragon I can call ally and not foe.
Let it be so then, and let's ride for the hour is right.
Tar-Herunole
Elite Guard

Postby BattleFrost » Tue Feb 03, 2004 8:23 pm

All I ask is that you and only you wear it. If it fell into the wrong hands the world could be in trouble; not only would evil dragons fight but also my clan would too, thinking that it would be for the good of our clan.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Postby BattleFrost » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:04 pm

As Battle was getting ready to leave with Erelen. All of a sudden, a blue dragon flys in. It flew faster than anyother dragon has flown. It was circling around looking for something in the city. It spots Battle and flys right in the city. The town people shriek in terror as the dragon lands in the city, thinking it's hostile.

Battle: Frona what on earth you doing here, arn't you supose to be with my father?

The dragon huffs to catch his breath.

Frona: Battle it's your father... He's under an attack an we need you immediately. There are orcs, goblins, humans, and drows that have found our layer and are attacking as we speak. They made a blockade preventing us from getting to your father. We're trying to break through but no success. They have many dragon slayers there and I think their there to wipe us out. This is the real deal. We have called on every friend and ally in the area for help but we're still out numbered. I have sent out scouts to find more dragons to fight them but we need you at our command.

Battle looks far away and is trembling. He looks at Erelen and then back at Frona.

Battle to Erelen: I must go. I'm sorry that I can't come to your Council. I must hurry and help my father. I would like to ask for your help but I know we only know little of each other. I must leave in this time of need. If you can here.

Battle hands Erelen a map.

This is where we live. If you have any men to despose at all plz meet me here. I know I was told not to give this to anyone b/c it's not for people to know until the full allaince is complete but I'm changing the rules since of the odd circumstances.

Battle spreads out his wings and flys off. Frona and the two guardians fly with Battle as they leave.
BattleFrost
Frost Tactician
Frost Tactician

Previous

Return to Halls of Dereth