A raise of Arms in Endor

A raise of Arms in Endor

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:13 am

Atoma stood in front of his grand army, they lined the fields outside of Lythelthorpe. there was over 700,000 troops on the field. As far back as the eye could see, there was bright silver armor. They were chanting, the great song of Endor. Atoma, on his tall platform, put his hand up for silence. It came over the army. Not even a whisper. "Tonight, my brothers WE MARCH!!!!!!!!" He shouted. Every ear heard him and a yell that rumbled the ground. "Soon, soon my brothers, the orc city of Al-Kizabar will crumble underneath are our banners. The black blood of orc will run down are blades, long they will fear our Silver and Blue banners. Long will they remember your faces, IT IS TIME! TIME TO MAKE THIS WORLD RIGHT!!!!!" Atoma yelled. He was followed by a roar of agreement. The march had begun! "South to Al-Kizabar!!!!!!!" The captains roared. Banners waved in the wind, Trumpets of the king sounded. THE WAR HAD BEGUN.
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:12 am

The Army was making good time. From leaving the city, tehy had already reached the Fa' gate. Which would let them out into the wild. A long march was ahead of them. The archers in front, held their bows sturdy. But a young drow, stood out among the rest....
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:26 am

The drow's name is Apollo and this is his first war. To top it off he was distrusted because he was a drow so he had made no friends sice he signed up for the army. He marched along ,his bow tuching the ground in front of him from time to time, in compleat silence. His only thoughts were can he come out of this war alive and have proven him self to his father.
Kings start the war... archers win the war.

Emissary of the PointyShiney
Captain of the Guard and Lord Marshal of the Archers of the pointy shiny
Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:48 am

Atoma approached the archer platoon. "My brothers, i hope you have waxed your bow strings and oiled your quivers. For you will need them." Atoma announced with his powerful voice. Atoma saw the young drow, he smiled. "Young drow, do come with me." Atoma smiled as he headed back up towards the head of the army. Apollo followed.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:51 am

"Yes my lord?" Said Apollo as he knelt, "what is your wish?"

Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:55 am

"Get up my boy, or otherwise you shall be trampled." Atoma laughed brightly. "Are you any good with that bow, my boy?" He asked showing great interest.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:01 am

"Indeed my lord! I have been useing a bow since i learned how to walk. Would you like a demanstration?"

At Atoma's nod Apollo strings his bow, noches an arrow and lets it fly the next instent there is another arrow noched and let loose. just befor the first arrow hits the ground the second arrow cuts it in half.

"There you are my lord." said Apollo with a broad smile apon his face.

Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:03 am

"Very good!!!" Atoma said clapping. "Would you like to join my elite guard, we are in need of a good archer!"Atoma asked excitingly.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:06 am

"Aye my lord, I would be most willing to join sir.Just don't ask me to do that trick again it waste arrows.What are my dutys my lord?"

Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:10 am

"Well, as of right now, win me a battle, For myself and the guard will be leading the charge should it come to open warfare."Atoma said briskly. "You may walk up here with me, tell of how you came to those skills, and why have you joined my army. You do realize your kind are far and few between, and not very appreciated in these land.." Atoma added kindly.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:15 am

"i never shared my fathers liking for sword play, i always prefered to shoot things with my bow. When i turned 16 my father said i would have to prove myself by defeating him in a sword dual or leave the family. Of course,i had spent too much time with my bow and not enough time with the sword and had my butt kicked. Disgraced, i was shunned by my family. I didn't know what to do. Then one day as i was wandering in the woods i ran into my grandfather who gave me his old bow and a note and instructed me to join the Endoran army as an archer. Armed with the note and his grandfather's bow i came and joined the Endoran army.And here i am"

Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:26 am

"Well, i see your grandfather saw your potential as I do, my young soldier." Atoma said. Directing his attention to the upcoming terrain. "The dam is ahead." Atoma roared. The captains of the armies informed their legions.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:49 pm

"Forgive me my lord but what is the big to do about the dam?"

Apollo
Elite Guard

Postby Rao » Tue Jan 06, 2004 7:24 pm

"You are un familiar with these parts i see, we can walk over the dam, the bridge can hold us. Except, this is an ambush location. So we must be careful." Atoma said.

the first legion crossed the bridge at a sprint, the archers set up a position to defend the troops on the bridge. This took around an hour to get across, no problems. The army resolved its march. It was like a constant thunder coming. It was a great site, they passed small villages. They were now marching in the land of Arimand. It was not ver populated lands. It held very few villages, but it had the holy sanctuary of Asheron. The army was half way to its destination.
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Apollo » Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:30 pm

"aye lord it is true i am not familiar with these parts but wouldn't scouts been a bit more effective than just runing accrose?" Apollo said with a look of confustion.

Apollo
Elite Guard

Next

Return to Halls of Dereth