more sketches

Express your appreciation for fine art - from poetry and sketches to independant films and music.

Moderator: OmegaFrost

Postby hanzo hatori » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:29 pm

pincel charcol anything really.
Ninja never die....they mearly fade into nightmares!
hanzo hatori
Townfolk

Postby Aulla » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:21 pm

WOW!! :-) my favs are 9 and 5. But they all are great!! :-)
Aulla
Townfolk

Postby TerraFrost » Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:06 am

incidently, the bulk majority of these pics are also not hanzo's.

Picture 1
http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/fanq/s/p/ ... g.jpg.html

Picture 3
Comes up in google search, but unfortunately has recently been removed from the website
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... f%26sa%3DN

Picture 4
Comes up in search, but the page associated with it has been removed, although the image remains
http://user.tninet.se/~zxa723d/fan/Slay ... i-ou01.jpg

Picture 6
http://www.fanimenation.com/Detailed/3149.html

Picture 9
http://reki.tokyo-zero.com/index.php?area=FanArt
(one over, one down; it's the girl with the huge smile on her face)

Picture 10
http://www.fanimenation.com/Detailed/9066.html

as such, and as the very description of this forum reads "original artwork", i'm gonna have to move this thread to the ToB.

thanks go to an anonymous member (well, unless they chose to publically reveal themselves, heh) for informing me of this.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Roadkill » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:40 pm

i'd have to say damn. We were all impressed by the overall skills we never noticed that the techniques didn't quite match (though BDO might've). Pic 3, esp, contrasts it all.

I'm quite disturbed by this, though.
<center>The secret's in the wings...
Roadkill
Heroic Guard

Postby hanzo hatori » Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:55 pm

its true the girl is my friends but my sn for other sites is moosejaw off of ranma 1/2 so you dont know what your talking about

from now on you need to ask the person who posted the art before accusing someone. cause that could still be his work
and the dark guy in he chair is also my friends. i just never ave him credit

as for the dn angel called fan-dnangel i dont know how she got ahold of that i posted it on only my website and here.
Ninja never die....they mearly fade into nightmares!
hanzo hatori
Townfolk

Postby Andorus » Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:47 pm

hanzo hatori wrote:its true the girl is my friends but my sn for other sites is moosejaw off of ranma 1/2 so you dont know what your talking about

Er...I'm sorry, who are you?

The very first image of the girl (Tula of Andorus, from the cartoon "The Pirates of Dark Water") belongs to me. I have no idea who you are, meaning that you tried to steal my art and pass it off as your own (but luckily, somebody already saw through you before I could find this). My name is Smitha, and I've got that image up at my [url=kokoro.ecomancer.net/art/fan/tula-ecomancing.html]art site[/url] and my Elfwood gallery. It's mine, not yours. If you'd like more proof, look around at the other images on those sites--they all are of the same style.

If you're so keen on wanting to impress people with pretty pictures, take an art class, you asshole.
Andorus
Traveler

Postby Neerowolf » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:42 pm

Andorus wrote:
hanzo hatori wrote:its true the girl is my friends but my sn for other sites is moosejaw off of ranma 1/2 so you dont know what your talking about

Er...I'm sorry, who are you?

The very first image of the girl (Tula of Andorus, from the cartoon "The Pirates of Dark Water") belongs to me. I have no idea who you are, meaning that you tried to steal my art and pass it off as your own (but luckily, somebody already saw through you before I could find this). My name is Smitha, and I've got that image up at my [url=kokoro.ecomancer.net/art/fan/tula-ecomancing.html]art site[/url] and my Elfwood gallery. It's mine, not yours. If you'd like more proof, look around at the other images on those sites--they all are of the same style.

If you're so keen on wanting to impress people with pretty pictures, take an art class, you asshole.

She's right. Isn't that illegal in some way?
Neerowolf
Legendary Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:30 am

you mean plagerism? if it isn't, it certainly should be. i think plagerism is a far worse crime than copyright infringement. of course, that said, accusations of plagerism are often dismissed as ignorance.

there was a dateline story (i tihnk it was dateline) about plagerism. about half the students in one class got caught plagerising. the teacher failed those who did plagerize, and then the teacher got fired, after the parents complained. they said that there kids didn't know what plagerism was, or that it was wrong. and how can one not know what that is? i mean, we're taught to share as kids - we're not taught to claim others work as our own (which i would have called stealing if the RIAA hadn't convoluted the term with their own propaganda).

in contrast, those who share music - which is, imho, a *far* less quantifiable crime - get slapped with multi thousand dollar lawsuites.

doesn't seem right, does it?
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Rao » Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:28 am

Where did she come from? lol!!!!
Tell the Spartans, Stranger passing by,
That here, Obedient to their laws, We lie,
Rao
Elite Guard

Postby Andorus » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:18 pm

Neerowolf wrote:She's right. Isn't that illegal in some way?

Yep, it is. And it definitely is plagiarism, of a different sort than what we're taught not to do in English class. Any person who creates a work automatically owns an unspoken copyright over it, unless s/he explicitly makes it available for free use. Check this link out for more info, specifically as it pertains to online art. While the internet and the web are wonderful tools for spreading information, they make theft that much easier, so people who post their original/creative work online pretty much have to be a little possessive and defensive of their work by default, you know?

I think I just got especially irritated because he still tried to cover his ass with such stupid excuses after it'd been pointed out to him that he was posting images a bunch of other artists (all of whom I'm assuming are complete strangers) had posted. Plus, how can he USE pencil and charcoal when he can't even SPELL them correctly?

And I happened to stumble across this in a google search, since what's-his-name kindly left the original filename in the post. ;) To the mod who caught it already--I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. :)
Andorus
Traveler

Postby Drazo » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:43 pm

If anything was to happen, we've got his IP logged. ;)
[Don't watch here carefully]
Drazo
Heroic Guard

Postby TerraFrost » Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:49 pm

And I happened to stumble across this in a google search, since what's-his-name kindly left the original filename in the post.

i think that's how the anonymous member found that the artwork wasn't original, too, heh.

anyway, you may find this thread interesting (from the second post, onward):

http://www.frostjedi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=6324

it features more excuses as to why the artwork he posted is his than even this thread does.
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Postby Andorus » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:27 am

Oops--I didn't realize that these posts were several weeks old...I feel sort of bad for dredging up "ancient history," but at the same time, not really, either. ;) How active of a member is he? From what's going on on the other thread, it sounds like in the time he's been around, he likes to namecall and stir up trouble with the mods/admins--I'm a moderator at another decent-sized forum (also Star Wars related, actually (along with a load of other stuff: http://www.nightly.net)--I'm a hard-core classic trilogy fan and really enjoy the Expanded Universe novels, but I never really got into gaming), and I'm really familiar with his type.

And oops--that'll teach me to skim. Thanks a lot, Anonymous Person. :) But thanks to you all for backing me up, too. *grin*
Andorus
Traveler

Postby tsian » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:39 am

Incidentally, if number nine is yours... I really like it for some reason. Really cute. Well done Mr(s) Andorus-person!
Vive le titre de deux.
In an ironic twist, the only trait I find completely appaling is intolerance.
tsian
Castle Guard

Postby Andorus » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:48 am

Sorry, I only did #1--I don't do anime-styled art anymore. And I'm a Ms. ;) I agree, though--I really do like many of those images. He chose good artists to steal from. *grin*
Andorus
Traveler

PreviousNext

Return to Art Institute