STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Like comics? Then this is the place for you. You can read other's comics, or even share some of your own.

Moderator: Gigafrost

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:48 am

So, the Birmingham show was an absolute blast, as those of you who made it will testify. For a first show in a new city the attendance was great, and the diversity and numbers of exhibitors represented a fantastic cross-section of the UK and Euro indie and mainstream scene. As I was the only "pure" Blink team member there (my older bro Will was stepping into the shoes of Bob and Mark for the weekend) I couldn't do as much sketching as normal, but here's a few of my faves from the weekend...

Cheers to everyone who came, and I'll see y'all in Exeter in the New Year, fellow conners!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:44 am

Another image from the Super-secret-special MOON! Project! This one of one of the many Make-Up trailers on the sets of MOON! Movie Studios. The whisper on the wind is that we'll be able to tell you about this project soon, how exciting!

Before that though, next week is Christmas week here in the ole' Blink Thread, so expect festivities, excitement, and lots and lots of fun stuff for your eyeballs! Cheers!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:39 am

Hey-hey, folkses! Well, I had promised lots of Chrimbo treats, but as is the way with these things, MOON! has gone and gotten in the way, so it's just gonna be a couple of posts for this week. Here's the first, for those of you who haven't seen it in it's full-colour form, my Survivor pic for the Eatpoo Sketch battle...

There's a wallpaper for ya!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:49 pm

HOHOHO!

Well, here it is, my official Chrimbo-yuletide-happy-holidays post here in the ole' Blinky thread! It's been an awesome year posting up in here, so thanks to everyone who's taken the time to support this stuff, stop by, or post a comment. I hope you all have an absolutely fantastic holiday, and that peace and goodwill are indeed all over the lands!

Here's my Chrimbo piccie, well, actually, it's part of a little fun-sack of Xmas treats over in the Blink Blog, so why not GO HERE for a yuletide game, an excellent song, a shmultzy message to my girl and even a pic of the Blink Chrimbo tree!!

Why not indeed?!

Cheers!

Lorenzohoho!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:01 pm

So, as we head into 2007 you'll notice a few changes here in the ole' Blink Thread. Due to several international MOON! releases we've got coming up in the next 6 months or so, there's alot of stuff in production on the Blink drawing board I can't show you at the moment. Due to that, there may be a slight lull in the frequency of posts here in the thread, but I'll do my best to throw at least one or two pieces your way each week. Oh, and of course, work on MOON! season 1 continues too, here's a concept for one of MOON!'s engine rooms. This design was ultimately discarded as it didn't really hit any of the marks I had in my head for this environment, but I thought you guys may like to see it anyway.

Cheers, and have a great New Year's Eve!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Dev » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:40 pm

Just wondering Lorenzo, how did you find this board? Awesome work!
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:21 am

Hey Dev! A buddy from over in the DB told me about it, thought I'd post a few things to see if people would enjoy it! Thanks for the kindness about the new stuff, pal, hope you enjoy today's work!

So, three newies today, all from different stages of production. First up is an unfinished design I did for a member of the MOON! crew's quarters. Then there's a scribbly-scribbly "straight on the page" design for a WALKABOT, along with some preparatory thumbnails, and the script description Robin gave me. As you can see, I veered off topic somewhat, and it ended up looking fairly different to what he had in mind, I think! Hoho! Finally, another bit of plantlife design for a planet in issue 2 of MOON!

Enjoy, folks, more VERY soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey Folks! Well, convention time is around the corner, and ahead of the London Comix Thing and the Big Bristol Show, I'm gonna be rolling the ole' Blink bandwagon up to a little one-dayer as part of the awesome Animated Exeter animation festival. We were invited to produce the official poster for the con, and here it is. A Malcolm Magic/Star Wars crossover! HA-ZAA! Who'd have thought Fikov would make such a good Wookie?! Hoho! More on this show soooon...
Secondly, preparations on MOON! are moving on nicely, here you can see some of the crew preparing "Mobile Film Unit #17" for an on-location chase sequence...

More of this nonsense before you can say "Pimblepomblejamalamadingdong"!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:33 am

Well now, I been away for a loooong time in the world of Blink Forum posting, huh? But I'm back this week with a TON of exciting news!

First up, I'm here to officially announce the FIRST EVER MOON! INTERNATIONAL RELEASE!!!!! That's right, folks, after harping on about this ole' title for sooo long, it's time we put our comic pages where our mouths are...er...or something! For a while now we've been wanting to get some MOON! stuff out there ahead of the series launch, and when the kool Kats at hipper-than-hip comic publishers VIPER invited us to produce a special MOON! story for their forthcoming Josh Howard Present's: Sasquatch Anthology, we said "Damn right, Homies!". You've already seen a lot of the concept work from it, as I've been referring to it as the "super-secret-special MOON! story" for months in this here thread. So what have we put together for you? Well, as it's gonna be your first taste of the Mooniverse, we wanted it to be something special, so the Blink boys and I have put together a honking-great 15-page full colour exclusive story jam-packed with more goodness than a slab of Auntie Blink's Highland Toffee! I'll be posting more news/teasers on this soon, but be sure to head over to VIPER for the latest news on the release date. There's also a special Viper Sasquatch blog which I'll be updating HERE, and you can read a little preview review over at diamond, where the book got a STAFF PICK HERE! Most importantly, I expect you're wanting to know the book's Diamond previews order code, it's: FEB073830.

Also, don't forget it's just a few weeks until the ANIMATED EXETER festival at which we'll be attending a little one-day comic con, hope to see you guys there. And finally, dear ole' Malcolm Magic has been nominated for an Eagle Award!!!! The Eagles are the UK's BIG annual comics awards, and dear ole' Malcsy is up in the category of Favourite Black and White Comicbook - British, VOTE FOR THE FUNNY BUNNY HERE!

Right, that's it, here's today's pic, a teaser for the Viper MOON! story, enjoy peeps, more soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Dev » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:09 pm

Holy freakin shit. I will buy this.
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:30 am

Dev, bro, you ROCK! Thank you sooo much for the support, man, I hope you'll enjoy it, there's a lot of good creators putting work in to it. Will update this thread with more previews/images closer to the release date, cheers!

Ho-kay, so, following on from last week's MOON! special release announcement, I got another for you today! Lordy! It is proving to be a busy year, huh? So, without further ado, I'd like to tell you about a VERY cool underground comic that's coming your way. The Brainchild of good Blink Buddy Jamie Smart (yes, the guy behind the AWESOME BEAR series from Slave Labour), this is gonna be one fun little rag! Entitled FAT CHUNK and distributed through BOHDATE (yes, they'll take international orders! Yeah!) this Black and White bad-boy is gonna be a REAL underground comic in every sense, and the Blink are getting involved too, with an exclusive 3-page MOON! mini adventure! More news on the release soon, but needless to say there's a whole slew of great guys involved in this one, so get on over to the myspace page HERE for all the latest.

Here's a little promo pic I knocked up for youse guys...

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:28 am

Well, here we are folks, only a few days until I drag the ole' Blink wagon to the Exeter Comics Expo, a little one-day show as part of the Animated Exeter Animation festival. As usual, we're producing a new MOON! mini sketchbook just for the show, with a limited edition run of just 25, only available on the day, and FREE with every £10 spent at the Blink stand. We'll also have all the Malcolm Magic back issues and trades and stuff, as well as portfolios of my original boards, including your first chance to have an exclusive sneak peek at pages form our story for the forth-coming Viper anthology.

Next up, I thought I'd share a little page of "Ornamechanica" I've been doing for issue 1 of MOON! The concept art on this one goes pretty deep, folks!

Finally, it's valentine's day, and I thought I'd show you the pic I did for my wonderful girl. You can read my Bloggy shmultzy romance over on the Blink Blog HERE, if you're in a lurve kinda' mood...

Have a good one, folks, more soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:27 am

Well now, I had an AWESOME time at the Exeter Expo this weekend just gone. Thanks to all youse kool kats who came down and spent a chilled Sunday chatting comics, pencils, and MOON! The Blink will certainly be there again next year, so I hope to see all you Exeter kids again then! Cheers!

The coming of the Exeter show commences the early show season here in the UK, with three more cons on the way over the next few months. The first of these is the UK Web and Mini Comix Thing on Saturday 17th March. The Blink are strong supporters of this one-dayer for all things Web and Indie, and we were lucky enough to be asked to produce the official Poster/anthology cover for this year's show. As with last year we have also produced 4-pages of exclusive MOON! Gung-Ho goodness for the anthology itself, where we will be joined by pages from many of the great exhibitors from the show. Below is the official poster, along with some snap-shots of last year's "rarer than rocking horse poo" anthology, to give you an idea of the kinda' thing you can expect to see. More on this show soon, as we have a rather exciting special release there for fans of One Night in the City amongst other things...

Coming soon, more teasers from the Viper book, so check back in, folks!!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Dev » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:12 am

Just wondering, how long did it take you to draw that black and white promo picture at Feb. 09's post?

D:, when will international orders begin. D:. I wish i lived in london, i want my hands on that comic! hmm...
- Mitch Hedberg

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Hey Dev, good to see you, pal! Not sure how long the Fat Chunk pic took me, since I did it across a few little mornings and things, probably about 8 hours from start to finish, I reacon. International Orders begin in April with the release of the Viper Anthology, read on to find out more.... Cheers, pal!

Ho-key-dokey, so, it's just over a month until the April release of Viper's Sasquatch anthology, in which we are debuting the very first internationally available MOON! adventure. I'll be posting all sorts of goodies from this in the coming weeks leading up to the launch, but for today I just wanted to show you guys a little more of the concept work which went into our story. Hope you enjoy these little slices of environment, machine, kit and character design, and check out the official site HERE for tasters of all the other contributor's work, and news on the release date.

Cheers!

More soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Relief