STUDIOBLINKTWICE! A BIG ole' thread! New images every week!

Like comics? Then this is the place for you. You can read other's comics, or even share some of your own.

Moderator: Gigafrost

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:19 am

Last few of my faves here! Now, be sure to check back in folks, as in the next few days I'll be posting up news of the once-a-year chance for you to get your paws on a rather special piece of original Blink Art! Ooooh!!

Cheers, guys and gals!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:54 am

Here's something special to start your week!! As some of you may know, here at The Blink we don't sell the original pages of art from our comics. Ever. In fact, we don't undertake commissions or commercial work of any kind (y'know, it's all about the comics, baby). So, the only way to get your hands on some original Blink comic art is to either get a free sketch at a con, or win an original board in one of our competitions run through the site and in the comics. Well, okay, there is ONE other way, and that's the annual Blink Art Auction, where just once a year we give you the opportunity to bid on just one piece of Blink art, and this year it's something fairly special - the original pencils for the cover of Malcolm Magic issue 11!! Yikes! The idea here is that the piece goes to a fan, so the ebay auction starts on Friday with NO reserve, NO starting price and FREE postage to ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! Aren't we good to you?! Oh, and we're also gonna throw in a full set of issues 1-12 of the UK-only single issues of Malcolm Magic, soon to be discontinued! Here's a shot of the piece after a digital clean, the original is a little more smudgy!!

More news on this once it's up and running guys!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:25 am

Right! A fun week ahead now, with a full preview page from Malcom Issue 11 every day from now 'till Friday!! ALLLLLRIIIIIIGHT!!

Let's get on with it then, eh?

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:31 am

Next page! Ooh! Things sure are hotting up!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:21 am

On we go...!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:12 am

So, last page of the ole' four-page preview from MM11 today, hope that was a fun ride for youse guys!!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:27 am

Helloeverybodypeeps! Well, here we are, at the start of another week, lots on the way, and as last week was very much about the colours, this week's gonna be a lot about the lines, methinks! First up: Marvellous Mister Wonderful...who he?!

As a little aside, the Annual Blink Auction for just one piece of original art is up! It's also probably your only EVER chance to get your hands on a set of the UK-only single issues of Malcolm Magic if you live outside of the UK - which will be discontinued next year.

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:06 am

Hey folks! So, next week I'm gonna do a special week-long posting of concept art from the super-secret-special MOON! story we're working on alongside the prep for the full series. Here's a shot of a Hover GEEP design for the very same project!

On another note entirely, an exceptionally cool book on the history of our favourite artform has just come out called Great British Comics. Frankly, this book is amazing, and is a must for anyone who has a passion for sequential art of any kind, or who just wants to see more of this county's rich comics history. Most excitingly for us though, is that on page 79 you'll find dear old Malcolm Magic!! Wowza!! Opened a few bottles of "Monsieur LaPunch's Celebratory Ale" down in the Blink Lounge Bar about that one, I can tell you!! Cheers! Hic!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:22 am

Okay, folks, so it's time for another of them's old tutorials! Here, for those of you who are interested is a little step by step exploring the thinking behind that MOON! print I posted a while back. Re-reading this, I wonder if it feels a little airy and vague, but what I'm trying to talk about is how you approach the piece with your head, as opposed to just technique. Anyways, here's the first three steps, the last four will be posted over the next few days, hope it's of interest/help to someone out there! Cheers!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:22 am

Next steps, last two in a bit!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Dev » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:41 am

Damn, I wish you could post this on my new forum. It'd really spark some popularity. Awesome stuff man. I still envy you and my friends still think you're cute. D:
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Lorenzo » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 am

Hey Dev! Post me a link to your forum, man! Thanks for the kind words on the art, and to your girlies on the kind words on the Lorenzo! Hoho! Cheers, pal! Hope you enjoy the final two steps...

Ah, now, it's that time of year again, when Bobber, the creative mastermind behind the writing of all this stuff, heads off to the French/Swiss region of Morzine to spend the next five months as a snowboarding mountain guide. Happy trails, bro, hope the powder's good, and I'll be out there to see you reeeal soon! Cheers!

Back on topic, here's the final two steps, hope that proved to be a fun lil' tute'!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Dev » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:20 am

Hey, thanks! I got a few other forums you may like. They are very popular. Unfortunately, my forum, is inactive as hell. I guess when it gets abit more active i'll ask for your asisstance. oh, I almost forgot, here are some websites:

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com - Make sure you post the thread in the right section or else they ban you! They're really strict. D:

And... Damn. That's the only active forum I got in my Favorites :/.
Fosty wrote:"My fake plants died because I forgot to pretend to water them."
- Mitch Hedberg

CrustyPunk wrote:Talk to Orion. He plays gee-tar."

Funny men
Dev
Elite Guard

Location: low-temperature penis - cold cock. It actually means the stock of a weapon.

Postby Lorenzo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:42 am

Hey Dev! Will go check it out, as soon as you get a bit of activity in your forum come let me know and I'll get involved. Cheers, pal!

Well, I had promised you a themed week of concept art for our Super-Special-uber-Secret MOON! project, but there's so much other stuff to show you this week that'll have to wait. First up, it's CONVENTION TIME again!! Lordy, these things come along as soon as your back's turned, huh?! The Birmingham International Comics Show will be held on the weekend of the 9th -10th December in the awesome CUSTARD FACTORY in the heart of Birmingham. We'll be there, as usual, with all the bells and whistles, and hopefully the final issue of Malcolm Magic!! Here's a sneak-peak at a pencilled panel from the very same. More news on the Con and the Com soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo
Townfolk

Postby Lorenzo » Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:21 am

So, with another con on the way, it's surely time for another MOON! sketchbook, huh? The 6th MOON! Sketchbook will be released as a limited edition run of just 50, one free with every £10 spent at the Blink stall. Here's the cover, hope you dig, folks! Hmmm...those fighters sure look familiar...

Lorenzo
Townfolk

PreviousNext

Return to Comic Relief