Error message with shared registration hack

Advertise a phpBB hack or request help with an existing one.

Moderator: TerraFrost

Error message with shared registration hack

Postby WC » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:21 am

I installed the shared registration hack. It works fine, but when I've tested it out, I get this error message at the top of the page once I've registered as a new user, and which all new users would probably see:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/forums/s/myforum.forumhum.com/includes/shared_config.php:14) in /var/www/forums/s/myforum.forumhum.com/includes/page_header.php on line 619

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/forums/s/myforum.forumhum.com/includes/shared_config.php:14) in /var/www/forums/s/myforum.forumhum.com/includes/page_header.php on line 621

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/forums/s/myforum.forumhum.com/includes/shared_config.php:14) in /var/www/forums/s/myforum.forumhum.com/includes/page_header.php on line 622

How can I get rid of that error message as it's rather annoying? Is there something that needs to be altered in page_header.php (even though it doesn't say anything about that in the installation text)?

This is the code in the page_header.php

if ( !empty($userdata['user_popup_pm']) )
{ [line 619]
$template->assign_block_vars('switch_enable_pm_popup', array());
} [line 621]
}

header ('Expires: 0');
header ('Pragma: no-cache'); [line 662]

$template->pparse('overall_header');

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
WC
Traveler

Postby TerraFrost » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 am

To be honest, I've actually sorta abandoned this MOD. It's probably been a year or two since I've looked at the code and... bleh.

The simplest fix is probably just to uninstall it...

If, however, you'd like it to continue in development, I'd recommend posting a message in the phpBB Request forum or maybe at phpbbinstallers.com or something. Someone there might be willing to take this MOD over :)
TerraFrost
Legendary Guard

Return to phpBB Hacks and MODs